• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My brother and I both got used Marlin 39's. Mine was a 39M, his a 39A. I traded mine to my dad for a new Remington 522 Viper. I was young and wanted something semi-auto with a removable magazine.

Stop laughing! :laugh:

Two years ago I bought back the Marlin 39M and last year I sold the Viper. :)

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    My first rifle was a Savage Sporter .22 bolt action with 5 round magazines. Not sure when it was made but the last patent on it was 1917. I still have it and it is still a joy to shoot. I just wish I could find more magazines for it.

fountainjl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    My first rifle was probably my sporterized1926 Enfield .303 British. I still own it and it's a pleasure to shoot.

bradw266

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Mine was a Sears, Roebuck, and Co. Model 41 bolt action single shot 22. I still have it because it's great to teach new shooters with.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am just stirring the pot here, but what was your first rifle? Do you still have it and shoot it or did it get passed on to the next generation (along with the respect and appreciation that it came with not to mention the stories of when you were a pup) its just a question to make us all think back. I still have my old marlin 39 that I was all to happy to teach my son with and the model 61 winchester that dad tought me on. not to mention the stories that came with both of them.

First rifle was an old Winchester bolt action single shot .22lr. I bought it for $5 off our JR High band teacher. It was ancient then. That was in 1969, I was 9 years old. No bluing left then. Oiled stock. We still have it, my younger brother shoots it.

sweddle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    My first rifle was a Marlin, .22, tube fed, with the foliage, squirrel and rabbit engraved in the stock. Great little rifle tha tI still own. My grandpa bought it for me the day I was born at Service Merchandise and gave it to me on my 16th b-day. That little rifle means a lot to me!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    First rifle inherited/shot Winchester Md 61, don't it shoot much anymore. First rifle I bought Remington 700 in .222

rolodetective

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I had just won a state sharp shooters award for my prowess with a .22. I was I think 13...my parents told me I could have a .22 (which I would only be able to shoot with them present) or a bb/pellet gun that LOOKED LIKE AN M16 that I could shoot whenever I wanted. AN M16?!?!?! The choice was easy for a boy my age. I ended up with that bb gun and regretted it ever since. :D.....my own .22 came later.
    -Rolo

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    My father bought me a Glenfield Model 60 .22 Long Rifle when I was 10 years old. I still own it 32 years later. One rifle that I will never get rid of. :ar15:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My brother and I grew up sharing a Marlin 60 and a single shot 410. I didn't get much marksmenship training back then and with a tube full of 22lr's I choose accuracy by volume. Lots of groundhogs and rabbits fell to my 22lr and we still have it at mom and dads.

The first gun I bought on my own was a heavy barreled marlin 22mag and I put a cheap tasco 6-24 scope on it. At 18 years old I thought that thing was a sniper rifle and many more groundhogs died from it's work. Unfortunately things got tight and I sold it.

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    My family didn't shoot when I was growing up, but as soon as I was legally able, I bought myself a bolt action, tube fed JC Higgins .22 from the pawn shop for $65. I still take it out once in a while and it still shoots great. It would be the last gun I ever sold, and it would be a sad day indeed.

Top Bottom