• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    My first Rifle was a Yugo 59/66a1. I still have it love it. I got it on my 18th Birthday (im 23 now). I worked at Wendys and I saved my meager salary and bought it for a $125 lol. I fiddled with it and put aftermarket stocks and crappy mags on it till I got fed up with it and changed it back to the standard wood stock and 10 round fixed mag. Though its not the best rifle in the world its always faithful. She looks old and worn but Ill keep it forever.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My first rifle was a Glenfield Marlin 25 bought at a KMart in Pittsburgh. That was bought for me by my dad 36 years ago when I was 13. I still have it and still shoot it regularly. I must have dry fired that rifle thousands of times when I was a kid and it still works fine. I don't dry fire my 22s any more, but it did not seem to hurt that one. I also still have the film canister full of 22lr I squirreled away one round at a time so I could have a stash of ammo. That ammo has been in that film canister for well over 30 years.

rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    Glenfield model 60 43 bucks at k-mart still have it .bought it with lawn mowing /leaf raking /snow shovelling money .1978 if I remember correctly.has shot thousands of rounds both of my kids have shot it .

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    Remington Nylon 66 . I paid 68 dollars for it in 1960. I still have it and after thousands and thousands of rounds fired, it still shoots as good as it did when it was new.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Mine was a winchester model 77 .22 from about 1958. Shot it when I was a kid, Dad just gave it and other guns to me. Love shooting it still.

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    Dad had (still has) an older than dirt .22 mag that I learned on. My first rifle purchase was a Rock River AR. Wife said it was nothing but a killing machine so I sold it. She's OK with the handguns though... strange I know but you won't hear me complain!

Oh, as a side note, we still enjoy that .22 mag regularly. I even got dad a new scope and a set of rings for it for Father's Day last year! I wish I could say we enjoyed his uncle's Rem Matchmaster as much, but it seems to suffer from a bad case of the jams.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Dad had (still has) an older than dirt .22 mag that I learned on. My first rifle purchase was a Rock River AR. Wife said it was nothing but a killing machine so I sold it. She's OK with the handguns though... strange I know but you won't hear me complain!

Oh, as a side note, we still enjoy that .22 mag regularly. I even got dad a new scope and a set of rings for it for Father's Day last year! I wish I could say we enjoyed his uncle's Rem Matchmaster as much, but it seems to suffer from a bad case of the jams.

Exactly what is wrong with killing machines? I know that firearms have been perverted and turned into fun and competition tools but they're all meant to be effective killing machines...well, except the Davis/Jennings/Glocks of the world (even though a Glock might take a bit of flesh when it KABOOMS!!!!).

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    The first rifle i ever shot was a Ruger 10/22, my younger brother has it now. We used to put about 1000 rounds a week down range during the summer when we were kids. We worked around my grandfathers farm to earn enough money to buy 500 rounds each, shot it, then back to work to make money for more ammo, and so on, and so on.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    For Christmas about 50 years ago my Dad bought me and my brother a single shot, lever action 22LR Ithaca. My brother later moved in with some buddies to a large A-frame by a large pond and took the rifle with him while I was away at college. Their place burned down and the rifle was gone. I remember that it hit cans pretty well with just the iron sights. Had not thought about my first gun in a long time.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Remington model 33 single shot bolt action .22. It was my Great-Grandpa's. My Dad had it before me and shot so much bird-shot through it that the rifling was about gone. I used to drive a tractor to our woods about a half mile away and terrorize the squirrel population. On day while driving down the gravel road that leads to the woods, it slipped out of my hand and I ran over it. It didn't bend or break any metal but turned the stock to splinters. We spent the next 10 years trying to find a stock for it to no avail. Then I found a complete gun at an auction and got for $50, Then my Dad found another gun and bought it since it was slightly nicer. Over the next several years we just kept coming across more and more of them. At last count, I think we are at a dozen. We fabbed up a custom bluing tank out of pvc, stripped them all down and re-blued them. Refinished all the wood, put the nicest piece on Great-Grandpa's and hung it on the wall. One of these days, I'm going to thread the barrel on one of them and build a little suppressor for it. I'm still one stock short though.

Riflemen14

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wells County
    My first rifle was a Remington Sportmaster 512. It was given to me by my grandmother the day grandpa passed. She never liked having a rifle in the house, and gave it to my right after the funeral. It was many years before I was able to actually fire the rifle, because of my young age, and no where to fire it. I will always keep this rifle and pass it down to my daughter.

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    My dad got me a 10/22 for Christmas about 20 yrs ago and unfortunately I sold it for very ignorant reasons. But last Christmas I returned the favor and bought one for my dad for critter control in his garden. I still have a mossbeg 410 bolt action I got right around the same time that was in the family for a couple generations.

Top Bottom