• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The mother of all storms is set to befall the United States in September.I am not talking about some voodoo prediction,market prediction,or science fiction.I am talking about the very real budget crisis.

See they raised the debt ceiling and pushed the increase to where it would last past the next presidential election,or so they though.In reality the debt limit increase has been spent.The treasury has roughly 160 billion left until it hits the limit again.That is enough to fund our government until the end of September.This is a crisis you should pay attention to.Forget the markets,forget all the distraction.This is the real deal.

This means your government will have to go through the whole raise the debt ceiling debate again.Can you guess what the impact on the US dollar will be?

What a nightmare.To bad this is the new reality we live in.

*source https://www.fms.treas.gov/fmsweb/viewDTSFiles?dir=w&fname=11080500.pdf

and an article about it Treasury Adds Another $20 Billion In Debt Overnight, Just $160 Billion Below Revised Ceiling | ZeroHedge

The president can request an additional 500 billion from congress,but not until October.

September 30 is also the deadline for a new US budget(fiscal year)to pass,or an extension to be made to our last 6 extensions.
    I am sorry.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/3/us-eats-most-debt-limit-one-day/
    U.S. debt shot up $239 billion on Tuesday — the largest one-day bump in history — as the government flexed the new borrowing room it earned in this week’s debt-limit increase deal.
    The debt subject to the statutory limit shot way past the old cap of $14.294 trillion to hit $14.532 trillion on Tuesday, according to the latest the Treasury Department figures, which are released on the next business day.
    That increase puts the government already remarkably close to the new debt limit of $14.694, which means one day’s new borrowing ate up 60 percent of the $400 billion in space Congress granted the president this week.

Last edited:

Indyrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    NE INDY
    Sorry, but that is a crack pot website. It states the current US debt ceiling after the Aug 2nd agreement to be 14 +trillion. That is inaccurate as the US debt was already 14+ trillion BEFORE the Aug 2nd congressional agreement. The debt ceiling was raised another 2.7 trillion. So the resulting debt ceiling is in excess of 16 trillion. So as I said....it's a crack pot website.

Now we may have civil unrest by September (stock markets, austerity measures, crime due to poverty,lack of credibility in government, etc.).....but it won't be because the debt ceiling is already reached.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Wow, I get an entire month?

Lets see, what do I need? Probably should get some mints, and some cocktail napkins. I need more of those little toothpick things that you stick in cheese cubes and swedish meatballs.

Ice, I'll need ice.

And a jar of aloe night cream for my eye wrinkles.

I think I'm all set.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Regardless of what some may think, we are living in the most desperate times our Country and it's people have been exposed too.

None of us know what tomorrow may bring,
    it's doubtful that it will be good.

We are being led and represented by the most incompetent
    group of idiots that could be assembled in one area.

We are full speed on a train wreck that hasn't happened yet.
    It's coming but we can't get off.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    How many of you preppers are stocking provisions for your neighbors and out of town family members? How many of you have tried to start up a neighborhood watch association, or gotten to know who lives next door to you. When the SHTF you can have all the Bulgar wheat and rice in the world stashed in your bunker room, but it's going to come down to you AND your neighbors.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Regardless of what some may think, we are living in the most desperate times our Country and it's people have been exposed too.
    I'm not old enough to be certain, but the actual great depression was worse than what we have today, currently.
    That said, I fully agree that if real change and actual reduction in GOV and SPENDING does not take place, we may be headed to a time that makes the depression look like a picnic.

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    I'm not old enough to be certain, but the actual great depression was worse than what we have today, currently.
    That said, I fully agree that if real change and actual reduction in GOV and SPENDING does not take place, we may be headed to a time that makes the depression look like a picnic.

your right, This is not a great depression yet, where unemployment was 25%

The pre-recession unemployment rate in march 2007 was 4.4%
    At the peak of the recession in 2009, unemployment was slightly above 10%
    That means the last recession caused unemployment to more than double!

Right now our unemployment rate is at 9.1....so they say.
    If you believe we are in a recession right now, that could mean that the peak of this recession could double our current to 18.2%.....or more!

19% unemployment will smell like a great depression....
    Bring your own beer!

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    I doubt we have 1mth. Minimum 2yrs, max 4yrs.

People know the govt is so corrupt and has gotten out of control. If they make any drastic moves, then they know the ppl will revolt. Although ppl DIDN'T revolt when they passed the "Super Committee of 12", but that's cause many Americans are to f-ing stupid to actually get their fat Mcasses to a computer and, forbid they get a headache, actually READ the bill.

London, the UK, Spain, France, Greece....i think italy...have all had riots on the streets. As well as the middle east. What about the US? Nope non. Why? Because we rather buy our food from a store and watch our football.

Sorry to digress and get off topic.

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    your right, This is not a great depression yet, where unemployment was 25%

The pre-recession unemployment rate in march 2007 was 4.4%
    At the peak of the recession in 2009, unemployment was slightly above 10%
    That means the last recession caused unemployment to more than double!

Right now our unemployment rate is at 9.1....so they say.
    If you believe we are in a recession right now, that could mean that the peak of this recession could double our current to 18.2%.....or more!

19% unemployment will smell like a great depression....
    Bring your own beer!

I've read the the real unemployment rate isn't what the lame stream media tells you.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    What I see in the news with the riots and soon to come financial collapse reminds me of the beginning of the book Patriots. There's a lot of financial similarities between the book and what's happening in life.

With one month left, about all you could do is stock up on canned food & water filters to hope the painful events are only going to be a short term.

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    What I see in the news with the riots and soon to come financial collapse reminds me of the beginning of the book Patriots. There's a lot of financial similarities between the book and what's happening in life.

With one month left, about all you could do is stock up on canned food & water filters to hope the painful events are only going to be a short term.

The amount of people on goververnment candy prescriptions exceeds 50 million.....
    People will be hungy, sick, angry and desparate.....
    A total breakdown of our rule of law could be systemic. The country could burn for years untill all the government dependent people are rounded up or expired by their own savagry.
    Bring your own beer.

Top Bottom