• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I was talking to a guy I work with today and he said his family has not had a TV in 7 years :dunno:. He said he dosn't like to waste time and watch stupid stuff on TV. No sports, no news to see whats going on in the world? I don't think I could do it. Do you know anybody like this??

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    I'm pretty much with out a tv. I go all week in the truck with out it and we hardly ever turn it on at home. Since we don't watch it we haven't bothered to get sat or cable so we can only get 1 channel even when it is on.

Doesn't bother me at all, I've got better things to do with my time than set around watching actors cock a glock or fire 100 bullets from a 15 shot firearm.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'd also have trouble without one of these as well...

pioneer_avic-f90bt_p00.jpg

More for the TV than the GPS, but the GPS is nice too.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Since MiniJet was in 4th grade. She's a graduating senior this year.
    We have it for DVDs and collecting dust.
    If there's something I want to see after hearing people talk about it, I snag it from the net.
    Most isn't worth the click, no matter how much hype it had.

Dr_O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    90% of what is on TV is crap.
    10% is very good stuff.

I do enjoy the 10% that is watchable.
    The DVR makes it pleasurable as I can burn through the commercials.

Not counting sports I probably average less than an hour per day.

I'm gonna keep mine.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Giving up TV won't make you waste less time. You'll just find ways to waste the same amount of time doing something else.

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    if it weren't for my young kids and my wife, I wouldn't have tv....I don't watch enough of it to justify the price we pay for it! Anything I would ever want to watch I can find online so the only thing I would need is internet and I would be happy!

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    We have one, a nice one, but I could honestly live without it. I might miss watching movies or DVDs from Netflix (I'm a tad addicted to Criminal Minds), but on the whole I'd rather be in front of the computer than the TV.

I actually suggested not having it once, but my wife won't hear of it. She'll sit in front of the damn thing all day long with either HGTV or Animal Planet running continuously. I lost interest in shows about people buying houses, redecorating houses, or selling houses a long time ago.

In fact, I think I hate the TV the most because it cuts into my reading time, which is what I prefer to do when away from the computer, but my wife has things arranged so I never get a chance to read. Now that I think about it, we're going to have to have a talk about that...

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    i havent had cable for years now, i could live without tv.

there is no way i could live without the internet though. internet>TV

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    A couple of guys at work are TV-free.

We have 5 TVs. :rolleyes:

My wife is slightly addicted. At least one TV is on from the time we get up, until the time we go to bed. I'll admit, I watch more than I probably should. Come summer I watch much, much less, though.

The "Discovery" family of channels (Discovery, History, TLC, etc...) can be pretty good, though. Certainly beats the Court TV and Hallmark stuff my wife watches.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    yeah me. havent had tv service for about 3 years now. i dont mis it. i just watch some stuff on hulu.com and surf the internet

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    We haven't had paid TV for a long time. But I also wrote some Python programs that automagically downloads that shows we enjoy watching.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    When In high school. I quit watching TV from about 10th grade until I was probably 19 or 20. Then when we moved into out new house we didn't have cable or internet for over a year. My oldest did watch DVDs but that was it. I would love to go without TV now. It is just a waste.

I would hate to go without internet again. BUT TV/Cable sucks!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I was talking to a guy I work with today and he said his family has not had a TV in 7 years :dunno:. He said he dosn't like to waste time and watch stupid stuff on TV. No sports, no news to see whats going on in the world? I don't think I could do it. Do you know anybody like this??

I have not watched TV since 1991. Now I waste too much time on the net. Most stuff I see on tv when I'm near one now is pretty stupid.
    I sure as hell am not going to spend money on it.

I get news from the radio and the net. I don't care about sports.

I daresay I probably know more of what's going on in the world than most people who get their soundbites from tv.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I have had a total of 3 years of my life with cable, (all of them were not paid for by me). My wife and I have been functionally without "television" for 5 years. The only TV we've watched during that time is pretty much NFL. We have a couple of television series on DVD and watch those for occasional entertainment. We do have the TV for video games and such, but I could go without easier than she could ;)

Top Bottom