• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Glock: Butt-ugly plastic shooting appliance with the ergonomics of a caulking gun. Five-pound trigger with no external safety makes it ill suited for its target market (cops who shoot a hundred rounds a year for qualification). Favored by gang-bangers because the product name is short and rhymes with other short, rap-friendly words. :lmfao:

Don't keep all those feelings bottled up. You'll get an ulcer or something. :)

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Same thing with my G4 G23, which I bought brand-new with a test fire day of June 2013. You can get them from Glock, but I don't know if they come with a pin or not. Can't remember the cost, but it wasn't much IIRC. FWIW, I tried them on a G19, and while they would help you avoid slide bite, gripping it correctly in the first place does too. I don't think I would use them... JMO.

Hopper... the king of acronyms!

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I don't know if anybody answered the "break in" question, but yes... they need to be broken in.
    Usually 300 rounds is satisfactory.
    You're going to shoot it anyway.
    Think of it as making friends with your new Glock.

You got a nice deal too.
    congrats!

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I don't know if anybody answered the "break in" question, but yes... they need to be broken in.

You got a nice deal too.
    congrats!

Won't be a problem here. I'm shoot more than I eat, so I'll look forward to a nice break in!

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    Congrats on the new gun! I just bought my first glock this winter as well...26 gen 3. Shot it Saturday for the first time and was very impressed. Didn't expect the little guy to be so easy to shoot! Have fun runnin your rounds through it. Mind me asking how you plan on carrying it (OWB, IWB, etc...)? I'd considered OWB but am on the fence.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI

You got a nice deal too.
    congrats!

Link to this?

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Congrats on the new gun! I just bought my first glock this winter as well...26 gen 3. Shot it Saturday for the first time and was very impressed. Didn't expect the little guy to be so easy to shoot! Have fun runnin your rounds through it. Mind me asking how you plan on carrying it (OWB, IWB, etc...)? I'd considered OWB but am on the fence.

I plan on carrying this guy iwb. Just ordered a custom made kydex falcon holster from ft. Wayne. Should be here soon.
    Other than this, all I have are steel frame, full sizes. And I'm only 5'10, 175 and wear pretty tight clothing, so they are all owb carries.

zzephaniah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    NWI
    Always hated Glock, but after some bad luck with other well established CC guns, I decided to pick a dreaded Glock up. Honestly, I'm impressed with what all it comes with. Immediately attached the largest beavertail backstrap that came with it, and I must say, it feels great! Despite being a hammer fire, steel frame fanatic, this little bugger has me excited.

Glock 26 Gen 4. $479.99 at BGF! Lightly used, never fired.

Foster-Parenting.aspx
    Foster-Parenting.aspx
    IMG_20140221_155959.jpg

I'm looking to get one myself, I'm glad you like it. They seem like a good choice.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Good man. You're hereby welcomed into the Stock Glock fold :).
    Never understood why the availability of list of Glock aftermarket goodies meant you HAD to mod it. Other that perhaps sights, I think you're gtg rootb w/ a gen 4.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I wouldn't lie.. there are so awesome things you can do to a glock. Like the innovative gunfighter solutions serration packages, etc..
    But I'm just a night sight and carry guy.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Other than night sights, the only other changed I make to my Glocks are a 3.5 connector, an internal fluff and buff and a set of Talon rubber grip tapes. The fluff-n-buff (25 cent trigger job) cleans up some of the grittiness and the 3.5 connector improves the trigger a tad. Since they can be had for about $12, it's an easy mod to choose. The Talon tapes are just a personal preference.

Top Bottom