• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIGguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    I was the same way I despised glock and I had no real reason just did lol and then I picked . Up a gen 3 g23 off of a buddy for dirt cheap and I fell in love I've never been more accurate with any other pistol than I am with the glock

Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    Itoo have a g26 gen 4.. I had tfo sight installed by Brandis. Great lil shooter. 0 issue since owning. Feds lots of rds thru it. No fail. cc with crossbreed holster. I recommend combat cut with that holster.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Also... does anyone have any experience with talon grips on a glock with a backstrap installed? I'd like to order one, but I'm afraid it will be to small, as all I've seen them on are glocks with no backstrap.

This is my gen 4 G19 with the medium beaver tail on it...and the Talon Grip had room to spare.

Nh3C7RW.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on a heck of a deal. The G26 is a pretty nice little package and makes a nice CC gun. I run Talon rubber grips on my Gen 4 G27 as well as the Gen 3 guns. On my G23, I use a grip force adapter over the grips to point more like a 1911. They go on over the Talon grips, but it's tight. If you want them over the beaver tail, you might try cutting them and applying the cut part to the beaver tail.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was the same way I despised glock and I had no real reason just did lol and then I picked . Up a gen 3 g23 off of a buddy for dirt cheap and I fell in love I've never been more accurate with any other pistol than I am with the glock

Same here. I still prefer a 1911 for daily carry, but there are places I go in the city that I feel better with more capacity and less bling. A buddy of mine has a shop in Haughville that we meet to work on old cars at and in a place like that, where I'd scratch the heck out of a 1911 while crawling around on concrete, it's nice to have the G23, G19 or even G20 with me.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Congrats on a heck of a deal. The G26 is a pretty nice little package and makes a nice CC gun. I run Talon rubber grips on my Gen 4 G27 as well as the Gen 3 guns. On my G23, I use a grip force adapter over the grips to point more like a 1911. They go on over the Talon grips, but it's tight. If you want them over the beaver tail, you might try cutting them and applying the cut part to the beaver tail.

Wow.... I must be very simple minded today. I honestly have no idea why I didn't think of that! Douiiiiii!
    Too much studying for senior college mid-terms has my brain in mush right now lol.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013

You know... I've never really hated Glock for a real reason either. I mean they honestly arent the best looking things, but for some reason the baby's are quite a bit more attractive than the others. Short and fat if you may.... take that however you want it lol, but they are just different in a way.

Other than that, the only reason I could come up with is, "everyone and their brother owns a Glock." Well, now that I own one, I know why... because they're quality handguns lol. God, I can't believe I'm saying this!

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Here she is next to her family.
    *edit... i dont know what the heck's going on with that beretta lettering in this pic.
    gjalkdgj.jpg

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    That's not fair!!! I bought a gen 4 G26 in 2013 and I did not get the beavertail backstraps. I only got the 2 different sized backstraps. Anyone know how to get those beavertail backstraps?!? They don't show as an option on the Lone Wolf website.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    That's not fair!!! I bought a gen 4 G26 in 2013 and I did not get the beavertail backstraps. I only got the 2 different sized backstraps. Anyone know how to get those beavertail backstraps?!? They don't show as an option on the Lone Wolf website.

I have an extra, you can have it. Pay it forward.

You'll need to find an extended backstrap housing pin however. If you can find something that will fit in that hole, then I'll let me know, and you can come get it.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County

Same thing with my G4 G23, which I bought brand-new with a test fire day of June 2013. You can get them from Glock, but I don't know if they come with a pin or not. Can't remember the cost, but it wasn't much IIRC. FWIW, I tried them on a G19, and while they would help you avoid slide bite, gripping it correctly in the first place does too. I don't think I would use them... JMO.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Glock: Butt-ugly plastic shooting appliance with the ergonomics of a caulking gun. Five-pound trigger with no external safety makes it ill suited for its target market (cops who shoot a hundred rounds a year for qualification). Favored by gang-bangers because the product name is short and rhymes with other short, rap-friendly words. :lmfao:

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Glock: Butt-ugly plastic shooting appliance with the ergonomics of a caulking gun. Five-pound trigger with no external safety makes it ill suited for its target market (cops who shoot a hundred rounds a year for qualification). Favored by gang-bangers because the product name is short and rhymes with other short, rap-friendly words. :lmfao:

Plus it's dishwasher safe.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom