• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Come back around to what, people who have stated they won’t buy their products anyway?

Yeah, I wonder if a large part of their demographic isn't the same as for Audi, Rolex and MB. You know, wanting everybody to know that you have more money than brains

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yeah, I wonder if a large part of their demographic isn't the same as for Audi, Rolex and MB. You know, wanting everybody to know that you have more money than brains
    Soccer status mom’s and dad’s all need Yetis for the back of their Suburbans, granola crunchies need them for the back of their 75 Volvo on biodiesel, etc. I have Yetis because they were the best in the game when I bought them, and I don’t have to shop at WM for a knockoff. I will be replacing them with Pelican one by one, and will let Yeti know this from an actual customer.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They are playing the averages, most who have posted in this thread have never, nor will they ever have bought anything from Yeti because of price. Did Yeti lose them as customers? No, they would never have been customers. Yeti has a solid following of granola crunchy REI outdoorsy folks who buy their products.

This

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not to many here will get the reference but I do.

We all need to let them know that these decisions have consequences.

thumb_IMG_6374_480.jpg

:)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It bothers me on principle there is just nothing I can do with out being in the customer leveraging arena.
    I get it, but it just seems silly for people to get up in arms over something they never would have purchased anyway. They were already boycotting Yeti on price, what to do now, doubledown on the boycott? “I’m never, ever, ever, going to buy your products I was never going to buy anyway”?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    THIS ^^^^ Their price to value ratio is way out of whack. If your cooler costs 3X as much as a competitor, it better be 3X as good and that is just not so

Already not doing business with them, now I just have a better reason not to and to dog them in reviews as quislings

I have yet to see any cooler manufacturer live up to their claims. "Keeps ice for up to 5 days!" Um yeah... maybe if it's below freezing outside. If it's 95 in the shade, not so much.

As for the Yeti products, don't have any, won't pay that much. I do have a "clone" of their 24 (maybe 30) oz. tumbler that I got from Primary Arms. I do like it a lot, and it was only $6.99.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I get what you're saying.
    I have bought quite a bit of there stuff, but I have plenty of alternatives for the future.

Like the sticker where’d you get it? I too have a ton of Yeti products, it’ll be a minute to switch’em al, to Pelican. Hell, the wife just order 10of their new wine cups for her and her friends, how the hell do I cancel that and keep my junk?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I get what you're saying.
    I have bought quite a bit of there stuff, but I have plenty of alternatives for the future.

84C48A4F-901A-48E9-B6F0-6EA59B0FE374_zpshplif8fn.jpg

I happed to see a lady wearing a shirt that had that logo. I was busy at the time and forgot to look it up.
    Thanks.

EDIT: Just looked them up. Brilliant!!

Top Bottom