• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    It is strictly my opinion that Yeti is practicing the, "Worst damage control EVER!"

Well it's a loose loose for Yeti no matter what.

you think the NRA/friends of the NRA would ever come out and say "we messed up, we over reacted and misread something"

Yeti can't win because the NRA won't admit they were wrong, and if they sue the nra for libel or slander (if it applies) then they look like arsholes unless it's for $1 just to prove a point.

This incident going down just gives the already Yeti haters a reason to complain more and louder and no matter the fact will still snub their noses at Yeti even if the NRA says "whoops, our bad, we're sorry Yeti"

Got to love the age of the Internet, where your a POS no matter what and guilty until proven whatever not guilty is being called nowadays

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    The ever present craving for attention coupled with the desire for a social media following. Cut up an AR, blow up a cooler, whatever.

I concur and you beat me to it. Would I buy a Yeti? NO, too overpriced for me and the only reason I own one is because it was a prize at a company safety conference. Am I going to blow it to smithereens? NO, that would be as ignorant as destroying an AR. If it bothered me that much I would put it in the classifieds for say....$300

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    People who were ever in the market to spend yeti cooler money I highly recomend Orca coolers. The coolers are Made in the USA.
    Screw yeti for the future but I'm already deep into their product. Only thing I can do is sell it and take a loss which I'd rather do than destroy it for zero good to me and zero harm to yeti. But I dont really care to sport their branded **** around since they are anti2A bandwaggoners.
    Just like Daniel defense. I'll never buy another product of theirs because of their dumb ass owner Marty's comments supporting the gun grabbers. I'll slowly phase most if not all of it out of my collection too. BCM works for me and there is no doubt they are pro 2A, refusing to sell to government agencies in anti gun states.
    RTIC makes good coolers and cups too and I have some. I'd buy and recomend those too. Ozark trail at Walmart is decent too but all of it isnt as good as the rtic and yeti stuff.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    People who were ever in the market to spend yeti cooler money I highly recomend Orca coolers. The coolers are Made in the USA.
    Screw yeti for the future but I'm already deep into their product. Only thing I can do is sell it and take a loss which I'd rather do than destroy it for zero good to me and zero harm to yeti. But I dont really care to sport their branded **** around since they are anti2A bandwaggoners.
    Just like Daniel defense. I'll never buy another product of theirs because of their dumb ass owner Marty's comments supporting the gun grabbers. I'll slowly phase most if not all of it out of my collection too. BCM works for me and there is no doubt they are pro 2A, refusing to sell to government agencies in anti gun states.
    RTIC makes good coolers and cups too and I have some. I'd buy and recomend those too. Ozark trail at Walmart is decent too but all of it isnt as good as the rtic and yeti stuff.
    What did Marty Daniels say, I musta missed that?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This just in (and it's kinda funny, NRA ILA usually isn't funny)

ALERT! FREE “I Stand with the NRA Foundation Sticker” for YETI Coolers
    DATE:April 28, 2016
    TO:USF & NRA Members and Friends
    USF Executive Director
    NRA Past President

Don’t blow up your Yeti cooler. Don’t shoot your Yeti cooler full of holes. Don’t chain your Yeti cooler to the back of your pick-up truck and drag it down the highway. Don’t glue a toilet seat to Yeti cooler. Don’t hang your Yeti cooler in a tree and beat it with a baseball bat.

Put a big
    “I STAND WITH THE NRA FOUNDATION" sticker on your YETI cooler and keep using it. They cost too much money to destroy to make a statement. Let a sticker make your statement.

GET A FREE NRA FOUNDATION STICKER FOR YOUR YETI COOLER
    at
    The NRA Booth in the Convention Hall
    or
    The NRA Foundation Wall of Guns Raffle in the Convention Center
    AT THE NRA ANNUAL MEETING & CONVENTION IN DALLAS, TEXAS - MAY 4th -May 6th

If you can’t go to the NRA Annual Meeting,
    Go to your local “Friends of NRA Banquet & Auction” and get your FREE STICKER.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wish we would stop using stupid millennial terminology like "virtue signalling". It is shorthand doublespeak. Say what you mean and be less trendy. People other than the two or three of you who like such banter might understand you better.

Pet peeve.

Along with conflate.
    Who do you suppose popularized “virtue-signal”?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There is a common/contemporary misuse of the term "conflate", that confuses (not conflates) conflate with confuse. The proper use of the term "conflate" is more akin to amalgamate - i.e. to bring two, dissimilar things together into a single entity. If you are talking about the former, then I'll agree with you; but if you're talking about the latter, then I very much disagree with you.

The recent popular use of “conflate” expresses the idea of saying one thing is another. It popularization is similar to “virtue-signal”. Popular political commentators use these kinds of terms as literary tool in a publication, and its use in the meaningful expression of the initial idea catches on, and people start using it. “Conflate” isn’t new, but the way people use it is.

Similar with virtue-signaling. “Virtue-signaling” isn’t all that new, it’s more of a term that might be used in academics as a specific kind of signaling. But it’s more recent popular recent use is a pejorative political term popularized by someone who used it in a published political commentary. It just caught on because it is concise and descriptive. The Pharisees, for example, could have been concisely described as virtu-signaling, openly praying to be seen.

Both terms are overused and often miss-applied, but they both concisely convey meaning. I suppose people use “conflate” in a virtue-signally way.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I wish we would stop using stupid millennial terminology like "virtue signalling". It is shorthand doublespeak. Say what you mean and be less trendy. People other than the two or three of you who like such banter might understand you better.

Pet peeve.

Along with conflate.

I'm not on your lawn!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm reasonably sure I knew and used "conflate" before I knew the Internet existed. Of course, I also knew what "pitching woo" meant and used the expression "the game isn't worth the candle." Comes with reading a lot of fiction written in the 1800's and early 1900's, I guess.

Curiosity got the best of me so I bothered to look into it. I then learned that Google "ngram" is a thing, and you can see how often a given word appears in books by year in a graphical representation. The word had a steady upswing from 1980 to 1999, then topped off bobbled around a bit (but mostly declined) through 2008, the last year that ngram lets you see.

https://books.google.com/ngrams/gra...,conflate;,c0;,s0;;conflate;,c0;;Conflate;,c0

So this conclusively proves...nothing, I suppose, other than Google lets you get what's likely useless information very rapidly as you explore various rabbit holes. Which makes we want to read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland again.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm reasonably sure I knew and used "conflate" before I knew the Internet existed. Of course, I also knew what "pitching woo" meant and used the expression "the game isn't worth the candle." Comes with reading a lot of fiction written in the 1800's and early 1900's, I guess.

Curiosity got the best of me so I bothered to look into it. I then learned that Google "ngram" is a thing, and you can see how often a given word appears in books by year in a graphical representation. The word had a steady upswing from 1980 to 1999, then topped off bobbled around a bit (but mostly declined) through 2008, the last year that ngram lets you see.

https://books.google.com/ngrams/gra...,conflate;,c0;,s0;;conflate;,c0;;Conflate;,c0

So this conclusively proves...nothing, I suppose, other than Google lets you get what's likely useless information very rapidly as you explore various rabbit holes. Which makes we want to read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland again.

If you’re really bored you can kill a few minutes checking 4 letter words. The F-bomb doesn’t really show up until the 60s.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If you’re really bored you can kill a few minutes checking 4 letter words. The F-bomb doesn’t really show up until the 60s.

I seem to remember reading at one time that the F word had it's origins in Old German. I don't remember its original form, but it was a word meaning "to strike". I guess that's where the term "I'd hit that" comes from. ;)

Top Bottom