• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That sounds familiar, Ralph, and I think you must be right on this. Perhaps I misremembered the procedures universities use to deal with such situations. But then it sounds like perhaps what the universities would do is that if they catch you with a gun, they could just ask you to leave and not come back again (i.e., you get expelled if you're a student, you lose your job if you're an employee). I doubt they would try to do this in every case, but they might hold that over your head to get you to stop carrying.

Some universities do have a policy permitting employees and students with a cause to carry, to carry. I don't know of a single case, but I'd think it's pretty rare. Your circumstances would have to be not just bad, but really bad. Most of this is probably about the beautiful game of covering your ass. Imagine if you mistake an innocent person for your stalker, drawing your gun to point at him/her. That would be enough to get people upset ("the school authorized him to carry firearms on campus!?") and to get bad publicity for the school. I want to say maybe the school could get sued, but since Ralph just corrected me, I hesitate.

Da Bing

I was denied, but I know of one faculty member (law professor) at IU who was allowed to carry. He prosecuted some police officers back in the day and, allegedly, he received some threats. This guy would spend the first 15 minutes of every class talking about his gun collection. :D

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I'm glad I'm doing my degree online; I typically "attend class" in my underwear, with a gun or two nearby. My campus is awesome... :D

I do have to go take tests at a "proctor facility," however. Like many have said before me, concealed means concealed.

Top Bottom