• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I used to throw eggs at brats who tried to TP our house.

Haven't gotten to throw eggs at any kids since we left PA. Kids here must be better behaved LOL.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Seriously. Toilet paper is bio-degradable. What you can't tear out of the tree will come out the second or third good rain. It doesn't kill the tree. Soap comes off with water. We never did screens or paint or siding or anything. We wouldn't do anything we would refuse to clean should we get caught.

The only thing it destroyed was the happy go lucky attitude of the poor bastard that got hit.

Besides, if you got hit, you probably deserved it. ;)

I've never been hit since I've been on my own. Back in high school, we got hit, and I got my revenge. Today, it's more personal. I work hard for what I have. And I work hard to make sure everything looks nice. I've spent thousands of dollars to make my house look nice. You do anything to change that, you'll be sorry. Plain and simple. I don't care if it's just a little prank to you. It's not to me.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Seriously. Toilet paper is bio-degradable. What you can't tear out of the tree will come out the second or third good rain. It doesn't kill the tree. Soap comes off with water. We never did screens or paint or siding or anything. We wouldn't do anything we would refuse to clean should we get caught.

The only thing it destroyed was the happy go lucky attitude of the poor bastard that got hit.

Besides, if you got hit, you probably deserved it. ;)

Well, animal feces are bio-degradable as well. Maybe you would like some smeared on your vehicle? How about your front door? ;)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well, animal feces are bio-degradable as well. Maybe you would like some smeared on your vehicle? How about your front door? ;)

Like I said, we never got destructive. Ever see what crap can do to a paint job? How about what it can do to YOU when you have to clean it up? ;) Soap, TP, and the occasional saran wrap job. And the people we hit almost always deserved it.

Besides, I'm not against giving someone a beat down if they get caught. I am against jail, fines, criminal records, etc if they do. :)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    When I was a kid, a buddy and I TP'd one house. It was someone we knew and we didn't really do too much of a number on it, I think just two rolls.

Today? Well... I don't think it'd be too destructive to get a paintball marker and identify the vandal. And yes, I would be more than happy to call the cops and give them the description of the vehicle as best I could. I guess you think about it differently when you have a home of your own that you're proud of.

Blessings,
    Bill

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    My teen daughter was handing out the goodies to the little kids.

I had six teenage inbred Beechtucky punks knock on my door.

None of them were in costume, but they all looked like they had just finished up a marathon glue-sniffing session.

I asked my daughter if she knew them. She said they were "douches" in her class.

They eye-balled my daughter a bit too long for my tastes, and I stepped past her and went outside to speak to these fine young dip****s.

I said, "Where's your costume? What are you supposed to be?"

One of them piped up and said, "I'm a BMX biker dude."

I replied, "Bull****. See you later, guys," and ran them off.

As they trotted away, they muttered something about Halloween being a national holiday, and how mean I was for not giving them any candy.

Little bastards...

I really, REALLY, REALLY hate Halloween.

Humbug X10...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Wow. People get pretty upset over a little butt paper and some soap. No wonder today's kids don't mind doing destructive things. It carries the same weight as not harming anything at all.

If I got hit tonight, sure I'd be perturbed. But I wouldn't be trying to hunt them down or calling the police or anything. I'd clean it up the best I could, probably 20-30 minutes of my time max, and get on with my life. Some of you guys are pretty uptight.

The older kids not dressing up and asking for candy I can understand. Trucking in whole neighborhoods to other neighborhoods I can understand. Getting (*) over some soap and TP? :n00b:

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    time to water the lawn.....

This, sir, is a damn good plan.

I am only 30 years old, but I cannot believe what has happened in the last 20 years. Like the rest of you have mentioned...people trucking their kids into supposedly "affluent" areas to do trick or treating...kids with either no costume or a marginal amount of face makeup on...kids with EXTRA BAGS for their "sick brother at home"....parent's trotting kids less than 1 year old from one strangers house to the next for candy, sometimes while also carrying an extra bag for the "sick child at home" scam. WTH has happened? I really feel bad for you older folks....I am sicken by the abortion known as contemporary American culture, but it must seem twice as bad for you guys....from where you came from to where we are now.

I guess all we can do is try to raise our own kids up with a shred of dignity, class, and self respect and hope that they look for the same in a mate eventually.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    When I was growing up you went trick on treating on Halloween...not for the whole damn week preceding it. You hit the houses in your neighborhood ...maybe a 4-6 square block area and you went home and scoped out your goodies. Now they have trick or treating (t or t) for 4 days. And people figure hitting the "good" part of town will get them better treats. My Dad lives on the "Boulevard" here in Logansport. It is a nice neighborhood with a wide grass median separating east and west bound traffic. This is planted with grass and nice trees...and yes, what is paid in property taxes (highest in the city) does pay for it. It is posted no parking on grass every 100 feet or so. Tonight you can't see the grass for all the cars parked on it, literally hundreds of parents trucking in their kids to the nice part of town rather than t or ting in their own neighborhoods. I use to pass out full sized candy bars years ago...I couldn't afford fun size today...not with close to 1000 t or ter's out knocking on doors in this neighborhood. My Dad's neighbors tried passing out candy last year, he said they went through $125.00 worth of candy bars in the first 15 minutes and were cussed at by both kids and parents when they ran out...this year I noticed their porch light is out.

Illegal parking (and of course the laziest PD in Indiana is doing nothing about it), cussing kids and parents, damage to the neighborhood, and more...I use to love this holiday more than Christmas...would deck out my hearse for it, decorate the yard, and pass out candy. Not anymore...

The whole town is going down hill bad. I live on the South side near the fire station. I just took my daughter around the neighborhood walking. Just used the truck to take her to family and friends. I hate how all the holidays are about greed any more. What ever happened to friends and family being what holidays are all about? :dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    We didn't feed the trick-or-treaters this year, so I didn't have anyone actually get to my door tonight. My recliner is located near the front window so I have a partial view to the city sidewalk that runs in front of the house and my sidewalk that runs up to my front door. I saw many teenage kids make a dash up my walk until they realized that my light wasn't on and my inside door wasn't open.

Two things that really torqued me:

1) All the adult (20-30 y.o.) people, and all the late-teens aged people out trick or treating. What the heck? I thought this was a holiday for the young kids, not the older ones and adults! Heck, I told my 13 y.o. that he was plenty old to be going around this year!

2) All the parents driving their vans down the street as their kids hit the houses with their porch lights on. My street was bumper-to-bumper traffic down both sides, and there is mostly older, retired folks on our street so there weren't many porch lights on.

The most awesome part of tonight? Two different people here in town set of big, big fireworks for about twenty minutes. Big enough shells that it rattled our windows and made the dog run and bark! Both guy must have either had quite a bit left over from the 4th of July or they saved up for this, whichever!

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    This year was really dead in our neighborhood. Only had a few Trick-or-Treaters. And they were all kids we knew. The granddaughter, of course, got a 'specially made up bag-o-goodies from grandma and grandpa, though. So did her playmate from across the street. Anyone else do this?:dunno: There is enough candy left to make us sick!!....... We're looking foreward to it.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    We didn't get as many Trick or Treaters this year as in years past, either. Usually we dress up in costume, but because we uncharacteristically went to two Halloween costume parties this year, we decided not to "dress" to hand out candy. Wouldn't you know it, the first group to our house was a young family & the kids were disappointed. My wife dragged out an old monster mask and I had to wear it the rest of the evening...the small eyeholes made it hard to keep the cats inside, too...

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    We gave out very few treats this year. Instead, my wife and I took our two year old around the neighborhood to knock on doors. All the little one could say was "treat", but she had fun seeing the others dressed in costume. I even participated and went as a heavily armed ATF agent, complete with sidearm, rifle, cuffs, and utility belt. Not a word was said about my "real" costume.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I've never been hit since I've been on my own. Back in high school, we got hit, and I got my revenge. Today, it's more personal. I work hard for what I have. And I work hard to make sure everything looks nice. I've spent thousands of dollars to make my house look nice. You do anything to change that, you'll be sorry. Plain and simple. I don't care if it's just a little prank to you. It's not to me.

I'm gonna make sure I TP your house tomorrow. :D

Wow. People get pretty upset over a little butt paper and some soap. No wonder today's kids don't mind doing destructive things. It carries the same weight as not harming anything at all.

If I got hit tonight, sure I'd be perturbed. But I wouldn't be trying to hunt them down or calling the police or anything. I'd clean it up the best I could, probably 20-30 minutes of my time max, and get on with my life. Some of you guys are pretty uptight.

The older kids not dressing up and asking for candy I can understand. Trucking in whole neighborhoods to other neighborhoods I can understand. Getting (*) over some soap and TP? :n00b:

LM is dead on.

SE I find it deplorable that you think you're justified in trashing someone's property. Just so you know, your attitude is what is wrong with kids today, no respect for others or their right to refrain from partaking in satanic celebrations. Let alone respecting other peoples property.

We handed out about 50$ in candy because my wife and I love kids and want to help provide them with a safe and happy Halloween but punks like you that use this night to partake in guilt free vandalism can get bent.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Some are speaking from a kids point of view, and some are speaking from an adults point of view. They are WAY different. It doesn't matter what the latter thinks, the former will do what they do. Some of us did stuff like that, some of us didn't. Times have changed. There is no need to be a stiff about it.

Top Bottom