• ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I think they are two different things.
    While he's making videos he's not teaching classes and therefore not making money from classes.

How often does he actually teach classes? All of the footage I've seen he's not in. In fact, if I remember right when the INGO members took a class he didn't even teach. I may be wrong.

He won't quit doing Youtube videos because he likes hearing himself talk too much.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How often does he actually teach classes? All of the footage I've seen he's not in. In fact, if I remember right when the INGO members took a class he didn't even teach. I may be wrong.

He won't quit doing Youtube videos because he likes hearing himself talk too much.

I guess he cant teach all the classes all the time.
    I have no idea how often he does it though.

He's probably not teaching all the classes because he's busy making the YT videos.
    He has to upload them and do all those stuff too so it must take him so time.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I guess he cant teach all the classes all the time.
    I have no idea how often he does it though.

He's probably not teaching all the classes because he's busy making the YT videos.
    He has to upload them and do all those stuff too so it must take him so time.

I was waiting for someone to say this. If that's the case then he needs to get his priorities straight. I can't make money unless I'm doing my job.

Also, I can honestly say that until today I had no idea people made money on Youtube. I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I was waiting for someone to say this. If that's the case then he needs to get his priorities straight. I can't make money unless I'm doing my job.

Also, I can honestly say that until today I had no idea people made money on Youtube. I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Yeah but only big Youtubers (that have millions of views and subscribers) that's their job and only source of revenue.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    He did that for some years.

Chris Costa sold Magpul training DVDs and doesn't offer free videos. :dunno:

I think it's pretty cool that James Yeager is willing to give some tips and techniques away, for free, where he could just teach them during classes or sell DVDs.
    Not many other firearms instructors do that on Youtube.

Rob Pincus does that too but you have to pay to get access to all his videos where he's actually teaching stuff.

I dont think it's wrong of him to ask for some money. :dunno:

If it wasn't for his over the top (making a ass of himself) Youtube video's, no one would even know who Yeager even is, like a hand full of other infamous "Youtube" star's.

I wouldn't give :twocents: for anything that (I'm in love with myself) ass puts out.

Consider Youtube as free advertisement, he but probably doesn't have much of a brain to figure that out.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think it's interesting to watch the trends Mr. Yeager takes with his videos. For recent months his direction has been product reviews, interviews, trade shows, etc. I hope he's taking a direction back to training and gun advice with his most recent vid:

[video=youtube_share;iU0BkPHGTxs]http://youtu.be/iU0BkPHGTxs[/video]

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Well, I've been giving it a lot of thought. I've been torn, it almost like a duel in my head, but I've come to a conclusion. I'm not going to run away. It's my responsibility to be responsible for a member of the wolf pack. So, I decided to raid my piggy bank...
    20141204_165552.jpg

Everyone should follow my lead. Don't be a coward, don't lie in a ditch and wait for others to get off the X, give what you can.

If this isn't enough to help, I'm thinking about a fund raiser. Pancakes?

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Well, I've been giving it a lot of thought. I've been torn, it almost like a duel in my head, but I've come to a conclusion. I'm not going to run away. It's my responsibility to be responsible for a member of the wolf pack. So, I decided to raid my piggy bank...
    20141204_165552.jpg

Everyone should follow my lead. Don't be a coward, don't lie in a ditch and wait for others to get off the X, give what you can.

If this isn't enough to help, I'm thinking about a fund raiser. Pancakes?

I spent all of my Printcraft money on armpit hair braiding. My pits look nice, though.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    So, if true, he essentially was making good money.... thought everything was fine, YouTube changes their model, and he was caught with his pants down? Well, that's how I see it. If ya'll want give to the man, give, but if you think that's an issue he probably should have planned for (it IS the internet after all), don't.

This. It was a big scuttlebutt months ago in the gaming community, and a harsh lesson for a lot of people. When you hitch your income to someone else's business model you have to be ready for it to turn on you suddenly.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think it's interesting to watch the trends Mr. Yeager takes with his videos. For recent months his direction has been product reviews, interviews, trade shows, etc. I hope he's taking a direction back to training and gun advice with his most recent vid:

:+1:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I have to wonder if he gets paid to do the product reviews? I did watch most of the vid and now my right shoulder has some sort of spasm in it, go figure.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I have to wonder if he gets paid to do the product reviews? I did watch most of the vid and now my right shoulder has some sort of spasm in it, go figure.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

I dont think he's getting paid but Im sure he gets to keep the product.

Top Bottom