• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Lookie what I just found. Uploaded 12 minutes ago. It's like he reads INGO. :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6QpFsquIDg[/ame]

victoriousone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    I'm sure this guy teaches a great class. I have to wonder how being an alumni will look if you ever have to go to court following a defensive shooting though.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I guess if you're not a JY nuthugger then you are a lazy, shiftless, no good, do nothing, armchair quarterbacK. That about cover it? :dunno:

Personally I just don't care for the dude. Period.

That doesn't mean I wanna challenge him to a duel or trash his training methods or call him out for being a coward or tell him he's full of **** about his opinion of people who OC and carry 1911's or even make fun of him wearing t-shirts that are too small.

I just don't care. Period.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I guess if you're not a JY nuthugger then you are a lazy, shiftless, no good, do nothing, armchair quarterbacK. That about cover it? :dunno:

Personally I just don't care for the dude. Period.

That doesn't mean I wanna challenge him to a duel or trash his training methods or call him out for being a coward or tell him he's full of **** about his opinion of people who OC and carry 1911's or even make fun of him wearing t-shirts that are too small.

I just don't care. Period.

Coward :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

6a0133f30ae399970b015432fd5cc1970c-500wi

Oh no you didn't just use the C word in a Yeager's thread! :eek:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How hilarious would it be if I was simply a super-elaborate internet prank? :D

If I didn't see both of you in the same video I would believe the rumor. :):

But I guess with technology today you can do that, like actors who are playing multiple roles in a movie and that appear in the same scene. :dunno:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So, you are advocating and encouraging the murder of innocent Americans?

Remember, words matter. :yesway:

You think that my holding of Mr. Yeager accountable for his words is me encouraging murder? With all due respect sir, I'm not supporting the one who actually DID publicly threaten murder.

I have not forgotten that words matter. Remember, you quoted me. :yesway:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You think that my holding of Mr. Yeager accountable for his words is me encouraging murder? With all due respect sir, I'm not supporting the one who actually DID publicly threaten murder.

I have not forgotten that words matter. Remember, you quoted me. :yesway:

As a matter of fact, maybe he should be in NY, Connecticut and Colorado killing people right now.

Understanding how his license was revoked and being fine with him reaping for what he has sown is one thing. It's something else to suggest that he kill people. Do I believe you meant it that way? Of course not! But, maybe you were a little heated and didn't think your words could possibly be construed as supporting the killing of innocent people. I certainly don't believe this is what you meant, but I could be wrong.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Understanding how his license was revoked and being fine with him reaping for what he has sown is one thing. It's something else to suggest that he kill people. Do I believe you meant it that way? Of course not! But, maybe you were a little heated and didn't think your words could possibly be construed as supporting the killing of innocent people. I certainly don't believe this is what you meant, but I could be wrong.

I suggested nothing other than I hold Mr. Yeager at his word. It is well known what his word was.
    The states mentioned have passed new gun control laws there. Is Mr Yeager going to start killing people as he stated he would or not? I'm not at all suggesting he do, but he did...

Last edited:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I suggested nothing other than I hold Mr. Yeager at his word. It is well known what his word was.
    The states mentioned have passed new gun control laws there. Is Mr Yeager going to start killing people as he stated he would or not? I'm not at all suggesting he do, but he did...

I think Que is trying to be clever. Of course you didn't suggest killing anybody. He is trying to make the point that Yeager didn't really either. (I think :dunno:) Weak.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

And he quickly took those words back. So, if he doesn't start killing people you will think less of him. :dunno:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I think Que is trying to be clever. Of course you didn't suggest killing anybody. He is trying to make the point that Yeager didn't really either. (I think :dunno:) Weak.

No, that is not the point I'm trying to make. The point I'm trying to make, as weak as it may be, is that anybody can say or do something that is wrong. Yes, we all are accountable for our actions and we can reap in mercy or by the letter of the law. If it's available, why celebrate the wrong that occurred and continue pushing the point that someone should have the book thrown at them?

I've made mistakes in my life and I've said and done the wrong thing. I learned and did not make those mistakes again. Like or hate Yeager, there is an opportunity for him to get his license back. What is the real problem with that? Why continue with the "but, he said he would kill people" arguments? It kind of sounds like a playground with kids egging each other into a fight: "Johnny, you are a punk! You said you would hit Billy in the face, so go ahead and do it!"

Yeager not only suggested, but said he would kill someone and that cannot be denied. I've said the same thing before, but did't mean it. I just don't believe Yeager meant it. Burl seemed to be egging Yeager to do what he said he would do, but I don't believe he meant it or would even want anything like that to happen.

So, it's not as much about defending Yeager, but urging us all to know that it's possible to have our words taken the wrong way. In this case, why rejoice that he loses his license instead of being relieved he's getting another chance. There may be a time when they come after each of us, individually, for something we said on here. Who knows?

Maybe my point is still weak, but I'm unable to make it any stronger.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Meh...What he said seems like it warrants what happened if you look at how Tennessee Code is written on the matter. Play stupid games and all that...

1340-2-4-.15 REVOCATION OR SUSPENSION OF A HANDGUN CARRY PERMIT.
    (1) The department shall suspend or revoke a handgun permit upon a showing by its records or other sufficient evidence that the permittee:
    (a) Is prohibited from purchasing a handgun under applicable state or federal law;
    (b) Has not accurately disclosed any material information required by §39-17-1351;
    (c) Poses a material likelihood of risk or harm to the public;
    (d) Has been arrested for a felony involving the use or attempted use of force, violence, or a deadly weapon, or a felony drug offense;

Im not his judge, and I hope whomever is, judges him fairly, but his internet video comments and comments on the news would fall under the (c) section above in my mind. He made a threat to the public if a very possible thing didn't go his way in the future...Again, Im not his judge, but when that report in the OP mentions no evidence against him; I'm not sure what they are talking about since the videos(material likelihood) of this threat are everywhere on the web now.

I mean think about the ramifications for state officials in charge of Handgun permits in Tennessee if they did nothing and he actually did go out and start shooting. Making good on his threats since there have been gun rights stripped away in a few stats already now since Newtown. That would have been leaps and bounds worse for gun owners as a whole than what has happened here by suspending it until a court hearing. Whether we like it or not, threatening people/places/things is on the law books currently in just about any state. Free speech and threats are a fine line. IMHO

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

How do you define innocent people. Yeager never advocated walking into a mall and mowing civilians down.

On a seperate note. Are public officials on any level who violate our natural rights innocent people or are they traitors and false patriots? What does the declaration if independence say (the mindset of our founders) about public officials like that who seek to oppress people? I'm just trying to get some clarification here.

I don't feel that ANYTHING James Yeager said was wrong at all. What I do feel he did wrong was putting it out there for the meat heads to hear it and feel threatened up on their hill or in their APC's. people wanna wave their gadson flags and **** but when someone with a voice actually stands up and tries to get others to do the same then those same people make fun of him and fall into line with the other govt brown nosers.
    The thing I find comforting is that there were THOUSANDS of people cleaning their guns after that video came out. Clean guns are happy guns.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom