• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Now that I think about it, if I did one, even if it was a perfect educational tool, 99% of the responses would be about my enhanced physique and how I should get in shape before I worry about gun stuff.

They would just be mad they couldn't appendix carry an M4 like you ;)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Does ACT have some new instructors I havent met? :D
    Well I have to be honest, I've only ever taken 1 class with them and Rhino wasn't there so maybe I didn't get to see "the whole deal" in person, but I know from my experience they are stand-up guys.

BSing between long-time friends, acquaintences etc is just that, BSing... and I assume that is what you meant by your comment... but for a supposed "professional" trainer to call a person he doesn't even know dishonorable is a very different story... especially when that person has been honorably serving our country in the Armed Forces for more years than the "James Yeager" name has even been widely known.

:twocents:

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Well I have to be honest, I've only ever taken 1 class with them and Rhino wasn't there so maybe I didn't get to see "the whole deal" in person, but I know from my experience they are stand-up guys.

BSing between long-time friends, acquaintences etc is just that, BSing... and I assume that is what you meant by your comment... but for a supposed "professional" trainer to call a person he doesn't even know dishonorable is a very different story... especially when that person has been honorably serving our country in the Armed Forces for more years than the "James Yeager" name has even been widely known.

:twocents:

It was just a little poke at the ACT guys. I was kidding. :-)

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I wonder what would have happened if Yeager had threatened one of the "chosen ones" on this board. I doubt if this video would still be here.
    Who are the "Chosen ones"?

Seriously, you take that as a threat? I take it as an internet personality bumping ratings.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Seems that someone may have backed themselves into a corner. :popcorn:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I may be mis-reading your post but are you implying that everything other than the information being presented is unimportant?

By "unimportant" I was referring to those things of little consequence, like the size of his t-shirt, the style of his beard, or the twitch of his arm. Often it seems that those who can't effectively argue with the information that's presented will default to picking on such things instead.

If someone isn't fond of a particular teaching style that is certainly fine, as it does indeed matter.

ETA, if you found out that your child's 3rd grade teacher was JY and he taught math to your children the way he conducts himself in these videos would you brush it off and say, "Eh, the manner in which he teaches isn't important, he's a smart man and he knows a lot about the subject he is teaching so my child is in good hands."

I see the parallel you're trying to draw here but I see a major difference between the kind of person I want teaching my child the basics of reading and writing and the kind of person I want to learn defensive firearms skills from. Of course I wouldn't want JY teaching my child, as much as I wouldn't want my son's 1st grade teacher teaching me how to fight.

Yeager's style is VERY different than my own. But, knowing that, I'm certainly willing to see what he and his school have to offer me. I can learn something from anyone.

I wonder what would have happened if Yeager had threatened one of the "chosen ones" on this board. I doubt if this video would still be here.

As I discussed in a previous post, no rules were broken that we could've acted on. There aren't "chosen ones" that get special treatment when it comes to discipline, even though its fun to think there is. Hell, I gave my own Father an infraction once. Rules are rules.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    They would just be mad they couldn't appendix carry an M4 like you ;)

Oh, they all are. They all are.

Thank you, sir! Perhaps you can participate in another class and we'll meet then.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    All the torment you've given me, if I was a MOD, I'd have banned your *** a long time ago :D

Oh you give it right back. If I was a MOD, I wouldn't ban you though. I could take a joke. :stickpoke:

And I highly doubt I'm anywhere at the top of the list for tormenting you. Rhino has to be pretty high up there.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom