• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    has anyone ever had any problems with the xd line of pistols im considering one and have heard nothing but good sofar

I own two (9mm & 357 SIG) and have never had a problem of any kind. They are wonderful firearms and IMHO are a great choice. That being said.... you need to shoot one (if possible) and make sure it fits your hand and you like the function of the weapon.

Oh yeah..... And they aren't UGLY!!! ;)
    :rockwoot:

Good luck!!! :cheers:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Nothing bad to say about XD, I had an xd9sc, seemed to be a well made gun. I shot 250 rounds out of the one I had , but it just never felt right, seemed front end heavy to me. Like Chrystalship1 said test fire one first, for that matter test several first before buying. Rumor is for a dollar Chrystalship1 lets people shoot his guns as much as they want. :laugh:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I carry the XD and have had no issues or complaints. I feel very confident in its ability to function. I think Coach had one with "issues" that had to be returned to factory. That is the only one I have heard of that did not live up to functional expectations. Always prove a new gun's functionality, regardless of reputation. Everything else is personal preference.:twocents:

Last edited:

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    A good summary on XDs is found here:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/7945-why_do_i_need_a_glock-2.html

XD's recoil more due to a much higher bore axis. This is also what lends to the 5" models feeling nose heavy. Go shoot the exact same load through an XD, a Glock, and a CZ. If you are honest about it, you will find they recoil most, less, and least. This is a direct relationship to how high the bore sits in your hand. If you like a gun with a little more recoil, or a busier muzzle end, as some people do, then fine. Just dont act like an XD is the end all be all for every situation. Lets not forget that Springfield didnt make the XD, they bought the design, and IMO, cut corners to make them even cheaper. The old HS2000's had issues of their own, but were still better than the current crop of XD's.

I've seen more XD's go full auto than all other semi automatic pistols combined. Then you get to ship it back, on your dime, and pay to have it fixed because Springfield wont sell any parts to you, or any gunsmith for that matter.

Try taking an XD all the way apart and you will need a pliers and flat screwdriver to pry the ejectors out, due to them being pressed in. That sound like advanced mechanical engineering to you? Then you get to use a brass hammer to tap it back into place, providing you havent broken the part removing it. The last ones I have seen were full of hollow roll pins, which when bent, smashed, or oblonged limit the flexing of the frame that is so important to function. Try putting an XD and a Glock through a 1,000 round weekend practice session, and I wouldnt bet a drive through dinner that an XD is still standing at the end. My Glock is still going after plenty of them.

My Glock eats lead bullets and 50,000 rounds later I'm still waiting for it to break. They eat everything from 9mm Major loads down to 100 pf steel loads with nothing more than a change in recoil spring. I'll put me and my Glock against an XD anyday if someone wants to take the Pepsi Challenge. I wont win them all, but I am confident I'd win enough to prove a point.

I dont really care what anyone else shoots, but lets at least be honest about what the score is, or make an attempt to look at things from a mechanical perspective when analyzing a mechanical item.

Also, there is no single platform to choose. We can all have 1911's, XD's, Glocks, Sig, Beretta, and even (gasp) revolvers, shoot them all and use them where each is best suited to a particular individual.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Pffff...... :rolleyes:

Here 'ya go, 42769vette: SPRINGFIELD ARMORY

And before some "Glockhead" tries to discredit the report by pointing out that Springfield hosts the posting of the article, I'll point out that the test was done by Guns & Ammo Magazine and NOT Springfield. :yesway:
    :cheers:

Fine test, but from what I see at the range that is not the case at all.

IMO there are much better options than the XD - HKs, Sigs, Berettas, BHPs, and GASP Glocks...

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I'll point out that the test was done by Guns & Ammo Magazine and NOT Springfield. :yesway:
    :cheers:
    Because Guns and Ammo is incredibly impartial, especially to their advertisers! :p

But seriously I've heard that the gun has had problems at some training schools, and of course, Springfield won't sell you parts so if something simple breaks you have to send it in. I've owned a couple .40 service models and the .45 service, and while they ran ok, I just didn't care too much for them. However if you like the way it feels in your hand and it shoots well for you then go for it! :rockwoot:

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I shoot and carry a XD45C. I have owned this gun for several years now and i have never had one problem with it. It is one of the best shooting pistols I have ever shot. Have put it in the hands of my Son-in-law and his brother who shots a 9mm of another brand and they both shot better with the XD than with their own weapons.

I have never heard of a XD going Full Auto until this post. I say BS. Glock guys just can't stand it because there is now a better alternative than a Glock.

Top Bottom