• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Glock guys and XD guys are going to argue till the end. Go out and shot the XD. Go out and shoot as many handguns and you can get hold of. Buy the gun that you feel good shooting. The main thing is that you shoot what you carry and that you shoot it enough that it becomes familiar enough to you that in a high stress situation, you will know how to handle your weapon of choice.

When you get to that point, what ever you have chosen to carry, you too will argue that it is better than all of the others, even if it is not a Glock or XD.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I must respectfully disagree.

If the argument is based on the possibility of gun failure and difficulty of repair, I think the discussion about a comfortable grip is moot. Reliability is not a trivial matter, and compromising that for a "better" grip...well that seems like bad policy. The only thing that could further neglect the real issue is a comment about how XDs are less "ugly" than Glocks.

Regards,
    Josh

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Looks like the one that says the XD has a "better grip and is less ugly" is a Glock Guy. I have never owned a Glock. In all honesty I was thinking of buying one and came across the XD. I liked the way the XD45 Compact felt and I bought it. I love to shoot that gun. I have never shot anything better in that caliber.

I can't tell you if I like a XD better than a Glock. I have no opinion on that. I do know that I love the XD45C.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I have a XD45 compact that is my carry gun. It is easy to conceal. It has NEVER had even so much as a hiccup. The gun is flawless and I trust it with my life as well as those around me. The gun fits my hands perfectly with the 10 round mags. Like ATM said, make sure you test whatever you get for reliability not just with practice ammo, but with the ammo you will use for carry.
    Maybe the Glock crowd is jealous or maybe they just haven't spent enough time with an XD. :)
    I carry concealed so ugly isn't a factor for my choice of carry.

DJDan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    North Indy
    I own a beautiful XD-9SC and an XD-45. I love them both. Both have been FLAWLESS through tousands of rounds. They just don't stop.
    Three words- Fully Supported Chambers. ;)

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I have an early model XD-9, the one with the crappy finish on the slide. I wasn't happy with my finish coming off, and I new that they switched coatings. I sent mine back, they re-finished it at no cost. I have had no mechanical issues with mine, and I love it.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I have an XD40SC I bought in 2004. Still has the old finish on it, and I carry it religiously (that means every day, not just on Christmas and Easter). I bought a New/used XD40 Service in January of this year and carry it occasionally. Both are extremely good shooters, point well, and carry well. Never had a hiccup. I considered buying a Glock before I knew what an XD was, but just didn't like them. Just not my thing.

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    I've owned my XD45 Service for 2.5 years now. It has eaten everything I've fed it without a malfunction. Only complaint I have had with it is that it would beat my thumb knuckle up after about two boxes. Tried out my buddy's compact and the shorter grip made it possible to snug it into my hand a bit better. So I went out and picked up a Hogue slip-on grip for mine and haven't had a problem since.

Top Bottom