• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Anyone know what's holding them back from moving into the new building?

Kinda hard to "browse" in the existing one. Like parking at Castleton the day after Thanksgiving...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Anyone know what's holding them back from moving into the new building?

Kinda hard to "browse" in the existing one. Like parking at Castleton the day after Thanksgiving...

There were some issues with one of the contractors. They're hoping to move into the new building in the next couple of weeks so they can demolish the old one and work on the second half of the construction.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    It's going to be nice, but........

I'm saddened to hear about the rates. That's pretty steep and not much of an incentive to buy a membership either. I predict a very quiet range and/or a reduced rate at some time. Maybe it's just me! :dunno:
    :cheers:

Last edited:

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Miles is a great guy. I talked to him several years ago about his plan to build the range. Apparently there is a big need for a range for LEOs in the area, Westfield, Noblesville, Cicero. He even talked about having a squad car with lights in the range that you could shoot over. It sounded cool but I doubt he's gone that far. I look forward to checking it out when it's open.

$20/hr isn't that bad. Isn't Don's $17/hr now? That place is beat up and run down.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    He even talked about having a squad car with lights in the range that you could shoot over. It sounded cool but I doubt he's gone that far.

He's still planning to put the squad car lights in. :):

$20/hr isn't that bad. Isn't Don's $17/hr now? That place is beat up and run down.

I don't shoot at Don's.

$20 isn't horrendous, and I'll probably pay it, but I'm not spending $200/year for a $5/hour discount.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Does anybody seriously compare realistic prices to Don's on anything??? :dunno:

One thing about Don's, we may talked about him and his place like a ugly stepchild but almost every time I've driven by there are several cars in the parking lot. I put it off to he's the one gunshop that people hear about and they don't bother shopping around.

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    One thing about Don's, we may talked about him and his place like a ugly stepchild but almost every time I've driven by there are several cars in the parking lot. I put it off to he's the one gunshop that people hear about and they don't bother shopping around.
    I like Dons for a quick lunch hour range session on the North Side. Sure it's tiny, noisy, dark, cold, loud, hoody, and dangerous looking with the bullet holes in the deviders and the tables, and some of the other customers are a bit shifty looking, but it's got its charm, the price is right, and you can't beat the location and he does allow Hi Powered Rifles in lane 1.

I do like to browse his weapons and drool over his class three stuff, but his prices are well above retail so unless you were ready to bargain it'd be prohibitive.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I like Dons for a quick lunch hour range session on the North Side. Sure it's tiny, noisy, dark, cold, loud, hoody, and dangerous looking with the bullet holes in the deviders and the tables, and some of the other customers are a bit shifty looking, but it's got its charm, the price is right, and you can't beat the location and he does allow Hi Powered Rifles in lane 1.

Of course, there's that whole "giving money to gangsters" and "supporting anti-gun businesses" thing. Yeah, it's got its charm, alright. :rolleyes:

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Of course, there's that whole "giving money to gangsters" and "supporting anti-gun businesses" thing. Yeah, it's got its charm, alright. :rolleyes:
    I get the gangster thing, but I didn't know he was anti-gun. What's the history there?

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    His history is easy enough to find, even on this board. He is NOT a friend to gun owners.

Absofreakinlutely correct!!!!!! I'm old enough to remember him stacking AKs (all stolen and/or useless I suspect) up into a pile and burning them as a media stunt to make him look like a good guy to the media. Of course a month later AK's were back in his his racks for sale. :rolleyes:

Don Davis is and always will be a slimy criminal. Support him = support crime!! :rockwoot:

:cheers:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    If I remember the coast to coast media coverage correctly,it was mainly SKS's and wooden stocks in the bonfire for Don's Guns.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Ever since I went to Wyatts for the first time. I've had nothing but good experiences with them there. They treat me good and always recognize me when I come in now. I've only bought a couple guns there, and the prices have been respectable both times.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Cicero sporting goods store hits target with gun owners | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

Wyatt's owner said rules for his range would be stricter than at other ranges.
    "Before anyone can shoot, they're required to take a written gun safety test, to make sure they understand proper rules of gun handling," he said.
    "A full-time range officer will inspect the person's gun and ammunition to make sure it's safe for the range, and the range officer will walk them back to the range and set up a paper target," Wyatt said. If the person can hit the target, he or she is issued a qualification card. "If they don't, sorry Charlie, they can't shoot until they take a class."
    You know, at first I was really excited about Wyatt's opening a new high-tech range right near my house, but the more I hear about it, the less I'm inclined to want to shoot there. The high lane price was just the start. Now I see that he's going to require both a written and a practical test to qualify, as well as a manual inspection by a range officer. It's starting to sound even worse than Atterbury. I realize that Miles wants a safe shooting environment and that he has responsibilities to the local community (and I really have nothing against him personally), but I think at this point I'm just going to stick to HCFG.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I was really excited to hear about their range as well. I'll probably still go there because it's a lot closer and it will be a lot nicer than Pops and Dons (cleaner).

I went to Wyatt's earlier this week for the first time and I was impressed with the new showroom. Nice selection (that will get better) and the workers were super friendly. Prices were reasonable as well.

I'm still waiting for someone to open a super range down near Indy though :) You know 24 lanes, hi-power rifles allowed and starbucks coffee served :)

Top Bottom