• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well, I'm going to be first in line at the new range. My wallet is going to hate having a range that's not an hour's drive away. :rockwoot:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    LOL. so are you from cicero then?

No, but close enough that the only other places to shoot are all at least an hour away.

Indoor generally means pistol-only, but at least I can shoot in wintertime without freezing.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Stopped by there the other day to look at the new construction. Looks like it's going to be a bit on the small side, but the fact that they haven't torn down the old building yet makes it deceptive. They said pistols and pistol-caliber rifles.

BennyBlown2v

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Went in and talked to my cousin today so I have more info on their shop updates. They broke ground just 3wks ago and already have the structure up for the new shop/range area. The new shop ETA is 2 months, and everything including the range will be finished by November at the latest (a lot goes into building a range I guess, so it takes time/money).

The range will be 7 lanes, but 25 yards deep (woot!). Pistol/pistol caliber guns during regular hours, but there will also be black powder, auto, and rifle under 50cal nights regularly (oh and kids nights for .117's, bb's, pellet, .22's etc. with special targets that won't bounce the round around down range). It will also have cutting edge HVAC so it'll always be comfy.

Patient Zer0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    Peru/Kokomo
    Just have to put in my :twocents:. Wyatts has always treated me good. I bought both my CZ-75B and my M44 there. I got a killer deal on the CZ ($325 OTD) and a good deal ($100 plus a 50 round bag of ammo) on my Mosin. They are knowlegable and friendly and if they don't have it they WILL find it for you. If you haven't been, go.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Stopped by Wyatt's again today to get a look at their progress. Miles kindly gave Spasmo and I a tour of the new digs. It's absolutely beautiful. They've really taken care of every detail. I'm really excited for the new opening!

The bad news: Due to some delays, the range opening is now looking like January. Also, the fees are going to be pretty steep. $20/hour (not sure if that's per lane or per person). Also, a membership is going to be a whopping $200/yr and from what I can tell, all that does is reduce your range fee to $15/hour. I sure hope I'm wrong about that, because that does NOT make a membership worth the money at all. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to talk to Miles at length to be clear on all the details. At $20/hr, I won't be able to go as much as I'd like, but it'll beat the drive to Pop's or to Bullss Eye in Kokomo.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Stopped by Wyatt's again today to get a look at their progress. Miles kindly gave Spasmo and I a tour of the new digs. It's absolutely beautiful. They've really taken care of every detail. I'm really excited for the new opening!

The bad news: Due to some delays, the range opening is now looking like January. Also, the fees are going to be pretty steep. $20/hour (not sure if that's per lane or per person). Also, a membership is going to be a whopping $200/yr and from what I can tell, all that does is reduce your range fee to $15/hour. I sure hope I'm wrong about that, because that does NOT make a membership worth the money at all. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to talk to Miles at length to be clear on all the details. At $20/hr, I won't be able to go as much as I'd like, but it'll beat the drive to Pop's or to Bullss Eye in Kokomo.

Did Miles say with a membership can you go shoot as many times as you want or are you limited to a certain number of time per year?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Did Miles say with a membership can you go shoot as many times as you want or are you limited to a certain number of time per year?

All I got from the membership conversation was that it reduces your per-hour fee to $15. If that's the case, you'd have to shoot for 40 hours to make it worthwhile.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Won't it only be 13.35 hours? vs 10 hours for $200.00

$20/hour vs. $15/hour (with membership). Savings is $5/hour. $200 membership / $5 = 40 hours worth of shooting just to break even.

Presumably, a membership would get you some other bennies as well (admittance ahead of non-members, invites to special events, etc.) Still not worth it, in my opinion.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If you purchase a $200+ gun I believe he said the membership was free. I believe he also said a membership gives you discount on ammo.

The building is absolutely gorgeous. Inside is all wood: the floors, the wall, the ceiling(I think). It is what I would like my home to be. The porch is beautiful. It goes the full width of the building. The building (at least the front) is brick. He wanted it to match the old buildings down town.

I just have to say he was a pleasure to speak with. I am pretty sure I have spoken to him before. he is just a very enjoyable person to be around.

Top Bottom