• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    You did fine. The first match or two is always and adventure. There are a few things to string together and figure out in this sport.:yesway:

Yep, and then you forget everything that you thought you knew when the damn buzzer goes off

I did ascertain that I think I'm gonna like my new gun:)
    I'm just going to have to get better reloading those tiny mags

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yep, and then you forget everything that you thought you knew when the damn buzzer goes off

I did ascertain that I think I'm gonna like my new gun:)
    I'm just going to have to get better reloading those tiny mags

The fine art of reloading a single stack. Rob Leatham says that is one of the reasons he continues to win the SS matches is because he is so used to reloading the skinny mags compared to the guys that shoot hi cap all year and then come over and shoot the SS nat's and have to adjust.

When I shoot single stack I sit on the sofa with about 15 mags and keep doing mag changes over and over again, just dropping them and grabbing them, over and over.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When I shoot single stack I sit on the sofa with about 15 mags and keep doing mag changes over and over again, just dropping them and grabbing them, over and over.

Hmm. I distinctly recall someone telling me that they don't practice and/or did not practice, and yet, the testimony clearly refutes the claim! YOU ARE EXPOSED, SIR! EXPOSED!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Hmm. I distinctly recall someone telling me that they don't practice and/or did not practice, and yet, the testimony clearly refutes the claim! YOU ARE EXPOSED, SIR! EXPOSED!

It was a rough weekend one good friend caught in a lie about dry fire and another wussed with a 98.7 degree temp and I turned forty today, and did not get the promotion at school.:dunno:

The thing is I am not surprised about any of this.:D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It was a rough weekend one good friend caught in a lie about dry fire and another wussed with a 98.7 degree temp and I turned forty today, and did not get the promotion at school.:dunno:

I had a suitably obnoxious birthday card ready for you, plus some minor pranks planned, but it was not to be.

In any case, Happy Birthday, you thick-necked goon!

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

Seems the Chivas was a perfect gift, enjoy!!

I have never really had a dry fire practice, never said anything about reloading practice.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Seems the Chivas was a perfect gift, enjoy!!

I have never really had a dry fire practice, never said anything about reloading practice.

I wondered where that came from. Thanks. I am sampling it right now. I have always had an appreciation for a hard licker.:):

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [ BigCraig ]
    Seriously, Jake? . . . Seriously?
    [ /BigCraig ]

Really.
    I figure one of these days when I get enough motivation to become a better shooter I will actually put a real practice session together, live fire, dry fire, exercise to loose some weight, just enough where I am still having fun and it doesn't feel like I am working at it.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County

Coach
    We all KNOW he practices because he keeps getting better.
    The other guy didn't have a fever , he knew it was going to rain.

For those of us at forty, or a little beyond , we just need to start employing a little more treachery in order to triumph over youth and skill.

Happy Birhtday, You Magnificent B@@t@@D:D

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    The fine art of reloading a single stack. Rob Leatham says that is one of the reasons he continues to win the SS matches is because he is so used to reloading the skinny mags compared to the guys that shoot hi cap all year and then come over and shoot the SS nat's and have to adjust.

I am going to practice , at least a little , and I will not fib about it

Thanks for the tip Jake:)
    My wife gets nervous when I have reloading practice on the couch.
    If I get the right look on my face ..I can have the TV remote all evening:):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I am going to practice , at least a little , and I will not fib about it

Thanks for the tip Jake:)
    My wife gets nervous when I have reloading practice on the couch.
    If I get the right look on my face ..I can have the TV remote all evening:):

You could get one of those yellow inert training barrels from Blade Tech holsters, knives and tactical gear for military, law enforcement, shooting competition and hunting. for that and it might make things a bit less tense.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was just being funny . I unload and recheck things several times and leave the ammo in another oart of the house.
    I like having control of the remote:D

It's still a worthwhile consideration. Better safe than sorry!

Are you feeling better.... slacker .
    100.4 is not really a fever you know.

Yes, I am, thanks. And it was 100.2 F when I checked it Sunday morning. I was sick!

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    It's still a worthwhile consideration. Better safe than sorry!

You are correct , The next time I make an order from someplace that has them in stock I will get one . It would be good for dryfire practice too, can't be too safe

Yes, I am, thanks. And it was 100.2 F when I checked it Sunday morning. I was sick!

If you had come out and played in the rain it would have cooled you down.:D

Glad youre feeling better

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    JT, hadn't seen you in awhile. Guess that never came up. I'll probably go back to Limited after State...I'm finding I don't like reloading as much as I thought I would

that's okay, you win D in Production and I'll go after winning D in Limited :rockwoot:

then we'll both focus on moving up to C, :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You were sick before you got a fever.

At this juncture, my typical response might be, "I can't argue with the truth," but that would incite a series of "Seriously, Joey? Seriously?" messages suggesting that I may have, at some point in the past, engaged in rhetoric which may have been construed as perhaps questioning the validity of some allegation which may or may not have been factual.

So, I shall simply say, "You are correct."

Top Bottom