• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You don't have to go into Ohio. Take I-74 toward Cincinnati, but get off at x164, State Road 1, and go south toward Lawrenceburg. Get on I-275 (x16) where IN-1 intersects US-50 just north of Lawrenceberg and go south, cross the river, and you are in KY without having gone into Ohio.

And this saves about 30 minutes off the trip.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    That's ridiculous. The Florida permit is 2x more expensive and almost 10x more expensive when you go to renew. The Utah is much more cost effective....and you can renew online, and not have to go through all the stuff again.

How much did the class cost you that you had to take to get your Utah permit?

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Utah classes every other month at Bass and Bucks in Wabash, IN. $75.00 includes fingerprints and passport photo. THere is a class tomorrow 7-13

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    That's ridiculous. The Florida permit is 2x more expensive and almost 10x more expensive when you go to renew. The Utah is much more cost effective....and you can renew online, and not have to go through all the stuff again.
    ^This. Florida renewal is 105 IIRC and the Utah is 15. That'll add up quick.

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    I'm in WV now and just before we left I was talking to the wife about how I wished WV would honor our LTCH.

Street Howitzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2013
    South Bend
    If you're in the Michiana area, a Utah class will be held on 7/27 at Kodiak.

Utah Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit Course
    Instructor:
    John Pemberton of Patriot Self Defense and Combatives Inc
    Time: 10am-2pm
    Cost: $100
    Pre-requisites: Must have State Issued CPL or CCW

I have family in OH and got the Utah license so I could back home. I took the class at Kodiak. Good folks over there, pretty cool facility. I'd recommend it to anyone in the Michiana area.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I'm going to WV in a month and I've been anxiously awaiting and searching for the info on when reciprocity takes effect.
    I can't even find articles in WV newspapers about it. you'd think there'd be info somewhere! I'm callin shenanigans...:dunno:

Southwind

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Going to WV this week and there is still no indication that this ever happened, including an August 2013 pamphlet by the WV Attorney General. Anybody know what's happening?

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead. Getting ready to head to WV soon and most of the websites still haven't updated to show WV/IN reciprocity.

The NRA-ILA website has...

NRA-ILA | West Virginia

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead. Getting ready to head to WV soon and most of the websites still haven't updated to show WV/IN reciprocity.

The NRA-ILA website has...

NRA-ILA | West Virginia

West Virginia recognizes permits from:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin (only if permit issued after 6/8/12), Wyoming

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

West Virginia recognizes permits from:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin (only if permit issued after 6/8/12), Wyoming
    Oddly enough, if you read the INDIANA page, it says these states, and does NOT include WEST VIRGINIA:
    Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Wisconsin, Wyoming
    You will not it also does not include VIRGINIA, but the Virginia page does list Indiana as one of the states recognized.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Melensdad, the IN page was updated two weeks before the WV page was. That may be part of why.

WV's page does not say which states WV recognizes, only which states recognize theirs.
    Both Handgunlaw.us and USACarry.com show no recognition, so I called the WV Attorney General's office a moment ago (12/19/2013) and they confirmed that WV does recognize our LTCH, subject to their laws.

Blessings,
    Bill

Oddly enough, if you read the INDIANA page, it says these states, and does NOT include WEST VIRGINIA:

You will not it also does not include VIRGINIA, but the Virginia page does list Indiana as one of the states recognized.

Top Bottom