• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I don't think I quoted my response from ISP, and can't right now.

As for Gov. Pence, it seems simple to us to just "dash off a note", similar to this post, but at that level, where every action may have later consequences, it all has to be reviewed by attorneys... the Attorney General's office, specifically.

I don't make the rules. :dunno:

Blessings,
    Bill

As written in W. VA. law, it seems this rests squarely with Gov. Pence's office. W. VA. requires a formal request for reciprocity from the Governor of Indiana. I'm called his office twice about it, but frankly the staffers I've spoken with have politely taken my information while sounded completely clueless as to what I have been talking about. Sure would be nice if the Governor would take the 5 minutes to dash off a formal request for reciprocity and be done with it.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    WV has just added Nebraska. C'mon, Mike. All we need is a letter...

West Virginia: Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Expands to Nebraska

"Yesterday, West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey (R) announced that Nebraska will now recognize and provide reciprocity with West Virginia’s Concealed Handgun License (CHL).
    This full reciprocity agreement ensures that West Virginia CHL holders will have recognition in Nebraska and vice versa. The addition of Nebraska marks 31 states that have full reciprocity or recognition with West Virginia."

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Maybe we should all send some emails and letters to Greg Zoeller, the Attorney General of Indiana?

No Rhino, the letter to WV needs to come from our governor, not our AG. You'd think they could just read our statutes the same way we do, but that's not how their law was drafted.

Zoeller's too busy defending Indiana from people who who want to marry. He can't be bothered with something like the 2nd Amendment.

No, mrj, Zoeller is too busy doing his own job to waste time on something that he can't help with anyway, for the above stated reason.

Note that I don't agree with his actions, but if you're going to demonize the man, it's disingenuous to do it for something like this. I'm sure as much as you hate Republicans, you can find some real issue on which to attack him.

Blessings,
    Bill

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    I've fired off several letters to the Gov, but it appears he's got "Better" things to do. Maybe if we could get a whole bunch of INGO'ers, say 5-6 thousand of us to send letters in one shot, that might get his attention.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Yeah my wife wants to stop half way, when were visiting family in VA Beach, but that puts us in WV. I know I can open carry there, but I'm not a big OCer. Not against it, but I sure would be self-conscious doing it in another state.

gewehr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Has anyone contacted the NRA about this? It seems the most effective way of getting reciprocity though.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    And just what do you expect them to do about reciprocity? If they could do anything about it, don't you think they would have a long time ago?

The NRA are well aware my friend.

My guess is he was just shooting for his 50th quality post.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My guess is he was just shooting for his 50th quality post.

Why is it that any time someone posts something with under 50 posts, somebody accuses them of making a run for 50? Gewehr3 has been a member since 2009. I'm guessing he's not making a run for the classifieds. If he's only posted 53 times since 2009, he's probably held his input until he thinks it's pertinent.

Back on topic, it is frustrating that Pence has not lifted a finger towards reciprocity with WV. I put my liberty at risk every time I drive to Pittsburgh when I pass through there. Until he does his job, we are faced with either giving up our ability to protect our family while on the road, pulling over and unloading before and after WV or hoping for the best while passing through WV for 20 minutes.

Please contact the governers office by phone or through their 'Ask Mike' email submission at Governor Pence: Ask Mike

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Every time I see a new post pop up in this thread I come here with high expectations only to leave very disappointed.

gewehr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    " Why is it that any time someone posts something with under 50 posts, somebody accuses them of making a run for 50? Gewehr3 has been a member since 2009. I'm guessing he's not making a run for the classifieds. If he's only posted 53 times since 2009, he's probably held his input until he thinks it's pertinent."

Thanks for backing me up. I really don't have an interest in buying or selling on this board. I have plenty of other options. Also, I really appreciate other board members throwing me under the bus though. Haha. I have a busy life, and don't spend all day posting on forums.

Back to the subject at hand. I believe the NRA has the $$$ and political clout in this state to get the Governor to sign the reciprocity agreement, since it appears individual efforts are falling on deaf ears. The NRA seems like our best option.

Has anyone contacted the NRA about this matter? I guess I will since I like rafting in WV.

Top Bottom