• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    What about the people who want to be african americans but aren't....like Vanilla Ice. :D

"Yo Vanilla, kick it one time, boy!"
    Vanice.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Let's see then... If peoples were enslaved at any time in history, we should compensate their descendants? That means that pretty much every person in the entire world is owed something.

Let's see where the word slave comes from...

The spelling of English slave first appears in English in 1538 (middle-ages) to describe how Slavs became slaves around the beginning of the ninth century when the Holy Roman Empire tried to stabilize a German-Slav frontier. By the 12th century stabilization had given way to wars of expansion and extermination that did not end until the Poles crushed the Teutonic Knights at Grunwald in 1410.

It sounds to me like some Czech people are owed big money by somebody. Hmmm, but who?

Ok but then what did the Egyptians call their slaves? And the Sumerians? What about their slaves? How do we trace them?

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    So I'm a bad Jew. I still believe in the Talmud and the Torah.....except the part about no bacon. mmmmmmmm......bacon.......

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    Oh goodie...

Maybe next they'll get around to reparations for the Irish, and the Native Americans.

And I'll bet the Welch have gotten screwed over, too. Somebody owes me some serious money.

Frankly, I'm all for reparations. So long as they are limited to those who can prove they were a slave a century and a half ago. Otherwise, we are just talking about people whose ancestors got screwed, just like lots of other folks. Welcome to the rest of the world, stop your frigging whining, and get your hands out of my pockets.

:+1::yesway:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    This looks like a good point to point out Author Michael Z. Williamson's rant on reparations.
    Dear United Nations:

I note with approval that there's a bill before the US Congress to compensate African Americans for their mistreatment in the past. However, I was talking to a Russian Jewish friend of mine, and it occurred to me that her ancestors were slaves to Nubian Africans. Should she not be compensated also?

The Jews were also repressed by the Romans, forerunners of the modern Italians. But the Romans were subjugated by the Celts in 390BC. The Romans returned the favor, and then oppressed Christians as well, before becoming Christians themselves and forcibly converting the Pagan Celts. Later Christianized Celts were oppressed by other Christianized Romans, and the two combined, which is where we come to the African issue. However, certain Africans enslaved other Africans, so perhaps the Central African Republic should be footing part of the bill.

And on for a bit.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    The idea that people living today should be paid money because their ancestors were treated poorly is absurd. Throughout history, people have conquered other people, tribes have fought other tribes, nations have warred with other nations. That's the way it was. Perhaps we are a bit more enlightened nowadays, and try not to conduct ourselves in such a manner. But the fact remains that these were actions conducted by people who lived long ago, in a different time, and under different circumstances.

Your stolen car analogy doesn't work. The exploration and settlement of the US, and the conquering of the indigenous tribes, is just a tad more complicated than you losing your wheels. At the time, the government of the US decided that the land on this continent belonged to us, and we were going to settle it....natives be damned. As had happened time and time again throughout history, one nation went to war against another nation for land and resources. This was nothing different than what had occurred over and over throughout history. It's the way things were done. Today's values, morals and rules did not apply. That was life back then.

Today, we consider ourselves more enlightened. What other nation goes to war, defeats its enemies, and then spends millions of dollars to rebuild the former enemy's nation? Despite our faults, the US has done more good for the people of this world than any nation in history. Period.

The sooner these professional "victims" stop pointing fingers at America and take a good long look at the real reason for their failures in life in the mirror, the better off they and this nation will be. I'll be damned in hell before I give up one red cent of my hard-earned money to some pathetic whiner for some injustice that occurred 100 years or more before I was born.

:+1:Very Good Post BUT Your Logic is Flawed because You Speak Truth :patriot:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Your stolen car analogy doesn't work. The exploration and settlement of the US, and the conquering of the indigenous tribes, is just a tad more complicated than you losing your wheels.

Correct, a more apt analogy would be if someone's great,great,great,great grandson demand payment for something your great,great,great,great grandfather stole. Absolutely preposterous. As for matters with the Indians, it was a two way street as far as bad faith and treachery was concerned. Some were horribly treated, other got what they deserved.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    As for matters with the Indians, it was a two way street as far as bad faith and treachery was concerned. Some were horribly treated, other got what they deserved.

None of them got what they deserved. None of them. They were protecting their land, their families, their way of life. They were victims of GENEOCIDE. We wiped out thousands of years of culture in a few decades. Whole tribes were wiped out for no better reason than "white man" wanted their land and resources. Sure we put them on reservations, saved some tribes, but I seem to recall studying "The Trail of Tears" "Geronimo" and many other cases that Hollywood portrayed them as savages, but when their real history was studied we saw they were not much different than us.

So what exactly did they deserve?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Modern revisionist b*llsh*t. Some were, others were thieving murderers. That's what you get when you read whatever half of the history is popular at the moment. The myth of complete Indian innocence is just that, a myth.

None of them got what they deserved. None of them. They were protecting their land, their families, their way of life. They were victims of GENEOCIDE. We wiped out thousands of years of culture in a few decades. Whole tribes were wiped out for no better reason than "white man" wanted their land and resources. Sure we put them on reservations, saved some tribes, but I seem to recall studying "The Trail of Tears" "Geronimo" and many other cases that Hollywood portrayed them as savages, but when their real history was studied we saw they were not much different than us.

So what exactly did they deserve?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Modern revisionist b*llsh*t. Some were, others were thieving murderers. That's what you get when you read whatever half of the history is popular at the moment. The myth of complete Indian innocence is just that, a myth.

I've studied Native Americans all my life. "At the Moment History" is crap. Those "Thieving Murderers" as you so call them were pushed into that when their tribes were wiped out. If you would really like some insight on this, I know plenty of people who can tell you and show you through written history and even take you to a couple Reservations to learn of what I say. This is one subject I do know much about. Modern Revisionist? No, I study reality. I study both sides of the story. Where did you get your history lessons on Native Americans? White Man text books? The interwebs? Word of mouth? Seriously, if you would like to learn more and don't mind being proven wrong, I would be willing to take you on a journey to discover the truth.

I don't believe we owe anyone anything from the past. Native Americans, Blacks, Jews, Asians, dogs, cats, pigs, the crap under a rock. What's done is done. Deal with it. I would say that of all minority groups the one that is STILL being oppressed to this day is the Native Americans. They ARE owed something. How many of you have been on a real Indian Reservation? For those that have, how were the living conditions? How nice was it? Remind you of a Redneck Ghetto? They don't get the Education they need, they are pretty much forced to live on crappy land, and rituals and ceremonies are being outlawed one by one.

So if anyone deserves compensation, it's Native Americans. Not for what they went through, but what the are being put through. :twocents:

:patriot:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I think I am around 1/16th Cherokee. I want me one a dem Obammy checks...

I had one of my ggg grandpappy's killed in the Civil War assisting the North, do I get a rebate.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

I had one of my ggg grandpappy's killed in the Civil War assisting the North, do I get a rebate.

Again, I'm not saying give all Native Americans Compensation. I'm not even saying give the ones on reservations reimbursment for past transgresions. I'm saying that they need funding for schools and homes. They need jobs. Maybe the Reservation isn't the best place for them, but it's where they apparently want to be.

I'm just saying that they need to be better taken care of instead of shunned. They have one of the most amazing cultures from days gone by still thriving and we could all learn a lot from them.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    My first realization that maybe Indians had a hand in their own destruction was reading The Autobiography of Black Hawk. It was meant to be a defense, but I can see why European settlers soon learned to shoot first. The founding fathers weren't lying when they wrote concerning, "merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions" in the Declaration of Independence. I'll give our European forebears the benefit of the doubt that their survival, and their families, were at stake as much as anyone else's.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I've studied Native Americans all my life. "At the Moment History" is crap. Those "Thieving Murderers" as you so call them were pushed into that when their tribes were wiped out. If you would really like some insight on this, I know plenty of people who can tell you and show you through written history and even take you to a couple Reservations to learn of what I say. This is one subject I do know much about. Modern Revisionist? No, I study reality. I study both sides of the story. Where did you get your history lessons on Native Americans? White Man text books? The interwebs? Word of mouth? Seriously, if you would like to learn more and don't mind being proven wrong, I would be willing to take you on a journey to discover the truth.

I don't believe we owe anyone anything from the past. Native Americans, Blacks, Jews, Asians, dogs, cats, pigs, the crap under a rock. What's done is done. Deal with it. I would say that of all minority groups the one that is STILL being oppressed to this day is the Native Americans. They ARE owed something. How many of you have been on a real Indian Reservation? For those that have, how were the living conditions? How nice was it? Remind you of a Redneck Ghetto? They don't get the Education they need, they are pretty much forced to live on crappy land, and rituals and ceremonies are being outlawed one by one.

So if anyone deserves compensation, it's Native Americans. Not for what they went through, but what the are being put through. :twocents:

:patriot:

Ain't nobody forcing them to stay on the reservation, either. I've got no more sympathy for them than I do someone in the inner city whining about where they live. Frigging move. There's always a way.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

Seneca makes up part of my mutt ancestory. All ya'll whiteys owe me $10 each, until I have enough to get myself another handgun. It's just not right that my wife has one and I don't. It makes me sad having to borrow hers, and I'm sure that's whitey's fault, too.

Now, start paying up.

Top Bottom