Would you tolerate an annoying ad on INGO for 3 weeks - Money goes to Toys for Tots

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you tolerate annoying footer ads for 3 weeks - Money goes to Toys for Tots

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    :yesway:

It's nice that it only seems to come up the first time you come to the site and it doesn't pop up on every page.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Perhaps I missed it...Do we get paid more if we click on it and actually goto the site? I could click and close every time I goto INGO if it pays more. If it's just views then it's no big deal.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    So why is there an announcement stickied about this on the top of the new threads search? The announcement is in the admin forum and off limits to us mere mortals.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I guess this is one way we can get our tax dollars back from GM. I'd rather our tax money go to toys for tots than some tree planting project. :D

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    It's not a big deal to click an X so some kids can get a great Christmas.

Obviously it is to some members.. and I'd like to know what is wrong with them.. do they have no humanity?

This is a great cause to get children toys for Christmas who probably wouldn't see any at all.

My vote is yes by the way!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Obviously it is to some members.. and I'd like to know what is wrong with them.. do they have no humanity?

Ok, I said I'd bow out of the discussion not wanting to crap in Fenway's thread, but these cheap shots are getting stupid. This is the kind of behavior I expect to see in the general discussion area of arfcom and beneath the dignity of the spirit of what Fenway is trying to do.

I don't know about other folks who voted no, maybe they really are black hearted souls, but I for one expend probably more of my time, effort, and resources helping other people who are in need than most likely most of the people who complained about those of us who expressed an opinion that didn't go along with the majority.

Well goody for you all, you can feel morally superior for doing something that really took you almost no effort. I hope that you are doing more than that, and not just at the holiday time when it tugs at the heartstrings. I'd hope you're doing more than tithing to your church or throwing a buck in the kettle. I know for a fact that I don't just mouth the words and shake my head in pity and make token efforts: I live it. There's a whole lot of people who are in desperate need and who aren't just the lazy folks sucking the government teat because they can. But I don't go around calling names at folks whose humanity doesn't extend to helping out the truly needy as much as they can.

Machinegun, Loony, and all the other folks who took those shots either in writing or in their heads, you'd be better doing a whole lot more to even really try to claim that moral highground. And if you are doing more, good for you, but loudly proclaiming that moral highground doesn't make you a better person, it just makes you look like a jerk.

There, rant over. If you all want to continue to feel morally superior and cast aspersions on characters of those who gave an opinion when it was asked for, that's your business. I hope your own character is as internally consistent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom