Would you tolerate an annoying ad on INGO for 3 weeks - Money goes to Toys for Tots

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you tolerate annoying footer ads for 3 weeks - Money goes to Toys for Tots

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

b0Rn~c0nfus3d

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    i voted yes because when i was a kid my mom raised us by herself and had to go through toys for tots for us,ever since i donated to them as well knowing as a kid on christmas you kinda expect a gift.so yes its for a great cause and doesnt hurt to make alot of kids happy on christmas.the advertisment wouldnt be that annoying knowing your puting smiles on faces, +1 do it fenway.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    BTW, would it be possible to block certain member's sig lines and not their posts?

(This would be beneficial to all, since many people have complained about by uber-awesome Jesus Quintana .gif.)

I find AntieBellum's super-large, super-obnoxious sig line MUCH, MUCH more annoying than any ad I can x out of...Not to mention the ad you are proposing is going for a great cause.

Thank you for the constructive criticism, sir. I have fixed it so as not to be an annoyance to you any longer. Actually, you were the first to actually complain, so thank you for bringing it to my attention.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    100x yes Fenway.:yesway:

I'm curious about why the other 11 members voted "no."

BTW, would it be possible to block certain member's sig lines and not their posts?

(This would be beneficial to all, since many people have complained about by uber-awesome Jesus Quintana .gif.)

I find AntieBellum's super-large, super-obnoxious sig line MUCH, MUCH more annoying than any ad I can x out of...Not to mention the ad you are proposing is going for a great cause.

:twocents:

I feel really sad for the members here that you have to ask this question to.

I couldn't of said it any better, thanks Joe:yesway: For some reason i have suddenly lost the taste for apples!:dunno:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    While I hate these type of annoying ads that force you to deal with them (ie. click X to make them go away) since the money is going to Toys For Tots I'm willing to deal with the annoying factor for 3 weeks since it's for a good cause in the end.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    90% of those who voted are ok with it. I was in touch with the ad provider this afternoon. Chevy Truck Ads that are intrusive will be run on the footer of all INGO pages for 3 weeks. At the end of December the ads will be gone. Proceeds from this campaign are going to be donated to Toys for Tots on behlaf of the INGO Community! :ingo:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Guess my vote wouldn't count now, but I think it's a worthy cause! Didn't have time to read the whole thread, but do you get more money if we visit their site or does it matter?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom