Would you buy ammo from this store, or go elsewhere?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you buy ammo from this store, or buy elsewhere?

• Total voters

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah that sure sounds like a pain, but for me it would depend on the price. If it were the cheapest around I would probably deal with the hassle. If it were more expensive then I would go elsewhere.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll avoid stores like that if possible. I've tried to buy ammo at Meijers on occasion and find it very frustrating most of the time. You have to hunt high and low for someone to open the cabinet and once they do, if it's the older gentleman, he'll simply hand you what you need but if it's one of the women that work in the area, they'll walk you to the front counter. There's a register right there, but it's never used.

Lately, if I'm buying ammo, I end up just buying when I'm down at Atterbury. They beat everyones prices anyway and usually have much more in stock.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    FWIW, the local Dick's has rifle and shotgun ammo just out on the shelf to buy with your other stuff. Only handgun ammo is behind the counter.

At MC Sports all the ammo is behind the counter.

However neither Dick's or MC walk you to the front register with ammo. You just get it and finish your shopping/checkout yourself.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I would explain to the customers why the toolbox policy is in effect. Most reasonable folks will understand a business trying to prevent theft. Maybe they should also install cameras in a prominent position by the ammo so the thieves could see they are on camera.

Top Bottom