Would you buy ammo from this store, or go elsewhere?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you buy ammo from this store, or buy elsewhere?

• Total voters
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    On a non-hypothetical note: Just the other day I found a store where I could buy handgun ammo by: removing it from the shelf, placing it in my cart with the rest of my selections, and paying for it all at the cash register. It surprised me that there were still "non-gun" type stores that did ammo business this way. I'll be going back there, and I will be buying ammo with whatever else I need. :yesway:

Rural King in Columbus does that.
    Rural King in Decatur allows a customer to put their ammo in a cart/basket and take it to the front cashier, too.

If I were in the hypothetical store, in the gun section, and couldn't find someone to assist me with questions or assist with a purchase, I'd be talking to the manager with a complaint about manpower levels in the store or suggesting an alternative to walking every customer out of the store.

I understand loss prevention, and dang, Joe! Eight boxes your first day?!? I would second the idea of a register in the department vs. having an employee spend the time to walk it to the front of store.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It's not just ammo. If we wait a couple hours, walk through the dept., we are just about guaranteed to find empty packages where people have stripped stuff out of them and stolen them. 3 turkey calls down the tubes today.... that we know of.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I was in the hypothetical store in another location checking out their gun stuff. They just started selling them last Friday. Seemed to me like there were at least 4 people working in or around that section. Next time I'm in there I'll check to see if they have a register in the back. Looked like some pretty decent prices but if the policies are annoying, there are 4 or 5 other places in town that I could make my purchases.

The Walmart here, the only time I've been walked to the front registers is when the sporting goods register was closed and I was getting ammo from the case. Other than that, if it is on the shelf you can load up and pay up front.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    If an employee walks it up to the cash register, I write that off as some insurance rule, or some dumb rule a dweeb made up. It wouldn't really bother me. Plus if I am buying a bunch better you have to carry it than me. You put it in a locked toolbox to carry around. Just spit in my face and call me a thief.

That pretty much sums it up for me too.

@Joe Williams... 4 boxes of .308 in 8 hours? WTH, thats unbelievable.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    That pretty much sums it up for me too.

@Joe Williams... 4 boxes of .308 in 8 hours? WTH, thats unbelievable.

Was in today picking up some electrical connectors so I could finish hooking up some wires after I set my truck on fire fixing it. Today's count (at least at that time) was two airsoft guns, and a bone saw.

It's frigging ridiculous.

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I checked buy from the store. If I was already in the store to get ammo I wouldnt not buy it because I had to carry it in a box. The last time I bought ammo it all wouldnt have fit in one box:)

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I checked "buy from the store" but I assume I went there because the ammo was something I wanted and the price was right. I don't care for the idea of carrying a box around the store. The store should really have a register at the sporting goods counter.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If some store can put RF tags on cd's and other $10 merchandise, I'd recommend the retailer investing in some of that equipment.

Now of course some dirt bags will empty ammo into other containers and other ways of getting around it, but if a few are caught it might prevent future loss due to theft.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If some store can put RF tags on cd's and other $10 merchandise, I'd recommend the retailer investing in some of that equipment.

Now of course some dirt bags will empty ammo into other containers and other ways of getting around it, but if a few are caught it might prevent future loss due to theft.

Why do you think we keep finding the empty containers laying around the store? Frustrating as all get out.

Top Bottom