Would you bet your life on a Kel-Tec PF9?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you bet your life on a Kel-Tec PF9?

• Total voters

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I had a PF9 and didn't like it. Wasn't entirely reliable and the trigger was horrible. That said, if you put through the test rounds and it is reliable and you are accurate with it, that is the main thing. There are plenty of other brands I would recommend over Kel-tec, but for the money they are pretty good.

I agree with the above.
    I liked how it fit in my pocket. But mine was totally untrustworthy.
    So, perhaps you can get 200-300 rounds through it. What's it's durability like after than. It's a crap shoot in my opinion. The materials aren't that great and the design is questionable. Just takes a few left turns of that extractor screw and you'll see that firing pin shoot back at you.

Just my opinion based on my experience. Sorry if it makes some mad, but that's what the OP was asking for.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Yes, after a fluff n buff to the feed ramp, a lot of practice with ammunition that functioned flawlessly and a new recoil spring assembly.

jhaynes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2012
    Central Indiana
    I've got about 300 rounds through my pf9 without a single failure. I had to do it 50 rounds at a time because it starts hurting my elbow. The gun is fairly accurate for a tiny gun. I like the slim profile for concelment but would rather have my Glock 19 if I'm wearing the right clothes. If you've ever worked a bumper jack on a '65 Chevy then you know about what the trigger feels like. But a long hard trigger pull might be a good thing for a pocket gun as long as you practice with it. Mine has never failed to go bang.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I've got about 300 rounds through my pf9 without a single failure. I had to do it 50 rounds at a time because it starts hurting my elbow. The gun is fairly accurate for a tiny gun. I like the slim profile for concelment but would rather have my Glock 19 if I'm wearing the right clothes. If you've ever worked a bumper jack on a '65 Chevy then you know about what the trigger feels like. But a long hard trigger pull might be a good thing for a pocket gun as long as you practice with it. Mine has never failed to go bang.

Well now I tried a PF-11 trigger that felt like a bumper jack but my PF-9 is just fine and is accurate beyond belief. I carry it all the time now, even in the house in case of a home invasion attempt.

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    I am actually looking to buy a PF-9 as my EDC right now. I am familiar with Kel-Tec and have been for a long time. As a person on a limited budget I would rather trust my life to a Kel-Tec than to my empty hands any day of the week.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    The problem with the PF-9 is that there are better options out there for only slightly more $... This wasn't the case when it first came out and your only other option was paying $600 for a PM9.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I trust my life with a Kel-tec P11...never thought about going to a gun with less rounds...unless it is .45 acp, or .38+p....... 6 to some, half dozen to others.....

Top Bottom