Would you be interested in fully automatic if the price was the same?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you buy a fully auto if price and paperwork was the same?

• Total voters

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thread title pretty much sums it up. If the paperwork and cost were essentially the same, would you purchase a fully automatic version of a weapon you already own?

Example, would you purchase a Glock 18 for the same cost and paperwork as you can currently purchase a Glock 17 for?

Would you purchase a fully automatic M16 for the same cost and paperwork as a current production semi-auto AR-15?

No additional paperwork, just the standard NICS check.
    No additional cost, MSRP is within $10 of each other.
    No additional transfer restrictions, no $200 tax stamp.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Certainly, but I probably wouldn't be doing a bunch of mag dumps at current ammunition prices.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Without a second thought. I would choose the select-fire version over a semi-auto [STRIKE]any[/STRIKE] every day of the week.

Then I'd figure out how to feed it.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    i voted yes, and i believe i would buy more than one.
    i understand why the person in the other post said most of would not want one. he was wrong but i understand why he would think that. Even before all this crap started, ammo was not exactly cheap. mil surplus on just about everything is about gone.
    and i am a firm believer the advent of the full auto rifle was the death of the marksman.
    if i had a full auto m4, it would not be my go to gun when things go bump in the night. if a big russian tank was rolling down the street with soldiers all around it, i would not use full auto against them. 1 well placed shot beats a whole but load of misses anyday.
    but i still want one, why? cause i freakin can! i thought that was what this country was supposed to be about in the first place.
    going out and dumping 500 dollars worth of ammo in like 3 minutes because its fun. that is the freedom our fore fathers wanted for us.
    and i believe a suppressor is a safety device that should be present on any home protection weapon.
    Rant complete.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I said no because of the cost of ammo. Now if somebody would supply me with the ammo...now that would be different. Many many years ago I was able to shoot some different autos. I gotta say the MG-34 was soooo cool. Thought I was Rambo. LOL. But I wasn't paying for those 8mms either.

Top Bottom