• ...and so much more!
  • Worst Gun Manufacturer

• Total voters

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Based on your experience and/or opinion, who do you think takes the top prize as worst gun manufacturer currently in business, and why?

Please vote in the poll as well.

I cannot spell to save my life tonight, my apologies.

Last edited:

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I wish I could say Hi Point. But in reality even though they are made from old toasters and can openers, weigh as much as a loaded AR15, and are ridiculously huge they can work quite well and very cheap. That is if you are lucky and get one that works. I have no experience with Jennings, Raven, or other "Saturday night specials" but I imagine one of them wins the title.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I wish I could say Hi Point. But in reality even though they are made from old toasters and can openers, weigh as much as a loaded AR15, and are ridiculously huge they can work quite well and very cheap. That is if you are lucky and get one that works. I have no experience with Jennings, Raven, or other "Saturday night specials" but I imagine one of them wins the title.

Their handguns certainly take the title as most ridiculously ugly looking. I swear a blind man did the R&D on them.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    High Standard doesn't deserve to be in such bad company. They are some of the best .22 target pistols ever made.

I heard a complaint on them once, I should have put Jennings instead. Fail.

I had a Jennings crack in my hand once and completely forgot about it :n00b:

lumpagus1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Ossian
    My vote goes to Kel-Tec. Their pistols involve way too much polymer for my liking. Their KSG and RFB look promising but I've heard of a lot more problems with their pistols which is their biggest seller. They're cheap for a reason...they're cheaply made with cheap parts. This is where the old adage comes into play..."you get what you pay for"

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Keltec..different kinds of problems with the same gun...beware of gin companys with Great customer service...rather have bad service that i will never need

You mean like these?

gin11.jpg

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    I hear a lot of bad things about Jennings, but I have a .22 pistol that is great. Never had a single problem with it in over 20 years and a lot of rounds run through it. Maybe I just got lucky.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    High Standard doesn't deserve to be in such bad company. They are some of the best .22 target pistols ever made.
    I agree that the old High Standard company that existed before 1986 produced some primo target pistols. The "new" High Standard company in Houston, Texas has produced a multitude of target pistols that flat don't function reliably. When pistols have been sent back, they are most often returned with the same problems, many times on more than one attempt. In the past, the "new" High Standard Company took deposits on custom guns like their 10X models and kept the money for very long periods without either attempting to deliver on the products or refunding the money. Customers were often met with either indifference or outright hostility, when trying to get their products or money. Fortunately, I owned a couple of the old High Standard pistols (Victor and Citation). When ready to upgrade, I was fortunate to have been given a heads-up and avoided ordering a 10X. I won't ever buy a product from the "new" High Standard Company in Houston, Texas.

airmotive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Ruger, al others listed don't try to sell themselves as quality that they aren't.

I've only ever had two handguns that had failed due to a manufacturing defect that required the gun to be returned to the factory for repair:
    Ruger LCP, Colt New Agent.

And then the Ruger had to go back again for a recall.

The Ruger I can sorta forgive, because it's a price-point gun. Like the Kel-Tec. I don't expect German engineering at WalMart prices.

The Colt, on the other hand, was egregiously mis-machined; even a blind quality inspector could have spotted the dodgy barrel based simply on weight.:n00b:

Top Bottom