• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PAPASHOT357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    NWI
    I also use the MTAC for carry. The knockoff verious are often cheaper, however they do not conceal as well. At least not with a tucked shirt. Giant clips are a dead give away that something is missing as they are out of place. Sure black clips on black pants with black belt helps, but it still stands out.

I currently use the C-clips so you only see a little on the top and bottom of the belt. I may have to check out the velcro clips though!

I started with the Standard, then went to the C-Clips and finally the velcro, it took a bit to find that sweet spot to leave them in but once i did only someone staring at my rear/side from about a foot away can tell i have it, and im a pretty skinny guy at 6' and 160lbs.

HD_darla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    I don't even know where to start I never thought my little question would get 5 pages haha but that is why I love INGO! :ingo:

A good number of the church knows I carry and so do they! :yesway: , we have the green gun sign and every once in awhile we post on the marque "We support and believe in the 2nd Amendment rights"
    I will dress around my gun, its not a big deal I just figured I see the options because I hate clothes shopping but love gun shopping :)
    in the same regard as the dress issue I will do a pocket pistol if thats what it comes to, as I would always put safety before a little annoyance playing guitar but I wanted to hear some other options from you all first.
    and finally...... the guitar gun! I love it!! I have an old beat up acoustic that I might just have some fun with next weekend :):

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    <<<---------------------------
    You don't think I dress like that by accident, do you? It takes a certain savoire faire to pull that look off, but it works for me. I rarely wear my speed skater suits out in public anymore because the bulge is just too obvious.

Yes, we must ALWAYS be careful of what BULGES are exposed... especially below the Belt line....:):

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I don't even know where to start I never thought my little question would get 5 pages haha but that is why I love INGO! :ingo:

A good number of the church knows I carry and so do they! :yesway: , we have the green gun sign and every once in awhile we post on the marque "We support and believe in the 2nd Amendment rights"
    I will dress around my gun, its not a big deal I just figured I see the options because I hate clothes shopping but love gun shopping :)
    in the same regard as the dress issue I will do a pocket pistol if thats what it comes to, as I would always put safety before a little annoyance playing guitar but I wanted to hear some other options from you all first.
    and finally...... the guitar gun! I love it!! I have an old beat up acoustic that I might just have some fun with next weekend :):
    Hey, if you really love your congregation more than yourself you need to wear a white sweat shirt with a great big red bulls eye on it. That way any BG who walks in will know who to go for. "No greater love......" :D

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Hey, if you really love your congregation more than yourself you need to wear a white sweat shirt with a great big red bulls eye on it. That way any BG who walks in will know who to go for. "No greater love......" :D

Yeah, or just OC. We all know that would make you the first target for anyone bent on doing bad things.

:popcorn:

HD_darla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009

What does the horse from Toy Story have to do with anything? :D

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I think it's safe to say that the congregation would feel better about a preacher sporting a bullseye than a preacher sporting a... Well, you know... "cowboy".

HD_darla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    I screwed up the comment on your rep but it went anyway. Now, try to preach next Sunday while thinking about this thread!!

Its not the thread that will have me all discombobulated its "ichokepeople"s avatar lol

but maybe I can use this thread for a message for small group :) and then you all get Jesus points. ;)

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This method is probably more applicable to the preacher but this method works, if you are someone who carries a Bible a lot. Get a study Bible zippered cover and put a slimline Bible in it. The space left will accomodate a full size Beretta .40. Be a little creative and make a filler from stiff foam to keep the whole thing shaped like a book.
    You have to remember to never let that "special sword" out of your sight.

An aquantance of mine who ministered in the next church down the highway from us was killed and his assistant wound when a womans EX husband was let out of prison early. They would not tell the crimin al where the woman had moved.
    In the old days, even Al Capones mobsters would not bother anyone around a church. Now, all that respect is completely missing.

Last edited:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    This method is probably more applicable to the preacher but this method works, if you are someone who carries a Bible a lot. Get a study Bible zippered cover and put a slimline Bible in it. The space left will accomodate a full size Beretta .40. Be a little creative and make a filler from stiff foam to keep the whole thing shaped like a book.

Great idea, other than a poor choice of handguns.

HD_darla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009

I love this idea! and while yes it applies more directly to the pastor I will read a verse now and then with a song so it would work :yesway:

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I cant help put repeat a joke I heard a long time ago, probably on here.

Just as a preacher starts his sermon on a bright sunny Sunday morning, 4 men dressed in black burst through the rear doors of the auditorium. The men were all armed, one with a Maadi AK variant, one with a 10.5" Spikes Tactical SBR AR-15, one with a tricked out Remington 870 (18.5" barrel, 3 round mag extension, knoxx recoil reducing stock, 6 round side saddle, stream light weapons light, equipped with ghost ring sights), and one with two interesting weapons, one appeared to be a Serbu Super Shorty and in the other hand a Keg 12.

They then proceeded to march down the center isle yelling for everyone to stay down. They then gave one chance for anyone who wasn't a true believer to get out of the church before all Hades was let loose.

About 1/3 of the congregation quickly got up and ran for the exit.

As soon as the last non-believer left the auditorium, the masked men removed their masks and revealed their true identities. These men were non other than the church deacons. They then told the pastor that since all of the hypocrites had left he could continue his sermon.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    HD, I'm also a guitarist at a church. Suitcoats don't work well for me either, so the compromise that I settled on is always wearing my button down shirts untucked. In the summer, I go to short sleeve button down shirts, and leave those untucked as well.

I typically carry a full size M&P 9mm to church. If something goes down at the church during a service, it's likely that the target is not me, personally, but the large group of people that are assembled there for the service. For that reason, I carry my full sized handgun, and plenty of extra ammo. The chances of me standing right next to the perp when somethings starts are slim to none, so a pocket pistol is not what I want to have with me, because I may have to shoot at 7+ yards, and I don't feel very comfortable with many of the micro compact pistols that I've handled.

A good belt, a tuckable IWB holster, and slightly oversized shirts make the whole thing work.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I haven't read through the thread, but I've heard stories of TX LEOs having cowboy boots fitted with internal leather holsters as part of the boot.

Unfortunately my google-fu hasn't turned up any results for you, but if I can come across some more details or retail level options I'll pass them along (though I'm guessing these would be custom boots)

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Maybe it's just me, but when I have to start carrying enough fire power to church to wage a small scale war, I'm either going to find a different church or me and the good Lord are going to have a one on one from the safety of my own home.

Top Bottom