• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wallotcorydon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corydon
    I am not a big guy, about 6' and 170 lbs. I carry an XD40sc in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I can tuck in a button up shirt, t-shirt or whatever over my gun since the holster is tuckable. I was at a friends this morning and had my t-shirt tucked in over my xd, and he did not know I was carrying until he asked about my holster that I "normally" use. And he is a cop! I highly reccommend the supertuck. I would bet that if you went with a smaller weapon, say the p3at, tcp or lcp witht he mini-tuck, it would be virtually unnoticable

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I really like my supertuck with my kimber ultra carry. I'm not sure how well I would like it if I were wearing a tighter shirt. If that didn't work, I would want to try an ultra carry with my LCP.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I bought a holster for my G26. Well made. Good fit. Comfortable. Downside: nearly impossible to put on. I had to turn nearly 180 degrees in order to put the device on my pants. Very difficult to do. My son tried it as well, even took it with him on a trip to Florida. Same problem, nearly impossible to put it on. I sold it and bought the High Noon tuckable. Just as comfortable, effective, and far easier to mount.

I just put it on before I put my pants on :D

I OC for short trips for ease of carry, if I need to conceal, or its a longer trip, its worth the extra couple seconds it takes to put on.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Try North American Arms, lot of really good options. You did say "deep cover", a .22 mini will fit in about any pocket and not print, or a Guardian will fit in front or back pants pocket and never be noticed. I've been carrying a Guardian for years and unless I say something, no one knows it.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I just put it on before I put my pants on :D

I OC for short trips for ease of carry, if I need to conceal, or its a longer trip, its worth the extra couple seconds it takes to put on.

Tried it, Roadie. :) Decided the High Noon was a better option. I could switch from OC to CC without taking off my pants. Glad it works for you. I thought it was worth mentioning the challenge for the OP so he could consider it in advance of a cash outlay.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Tried it, Roadie. :) Decided the High Noon was a better option. I could switch from OC to CC without taking off my pants. Glad it works for you. I thought it was worth mentioning the challenge for the OP so he could consider it in advance of a cash outlay.

No No No Kholster all the way!

:D

To be perfectly honest, I originally went with Kholster for price. I am poor, lol. Luckily, it turned out to be a great holster for me, AND if it didn't work, they have a Full Refund return policy.

I will probably try the more expensive options out there some day. :cool:

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    I carry a Glock30SF and just ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck, just for concealment while wearing into a business meeting or church.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Any kind of waist carry will fail you sooner or later. Church people love to hug those in the pulpit. They will catch on quick.

Ancle will work IF you never take your feet off the ground.
    Pocket will work if you lean forward a tad when you hug.
    Back pocket will work since no one other than a spouse aught be touching a minister there however it will be uncomfortable with anything other than a P32 or 380.

Be careful with what you do and be sure about the church's status. You mess that up and it is a felony (there is no provision of intent at all, even in your car it is a felony).

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Maybe you should consider a wardrobe change to accomidate whatever gun is best for your situation. Let the gun rule and not what you do or don't like to wear.

+1. If you're serious about this sheepdog role, this is the way to think. You choose the gun you'd want to have in your hand if your life and the lives of people you care about were on the line, then you make the rest fit.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Maybe you should consider a wardrobe change to accomidate whatever gun is best for your situation. Let the gun rule and not what you do or don't like to wear.

Exactly what I was thinking. You dress around your gun. I'm a preacher, but I usually have a suit coat on Sunday. Wednesdays, I use a tuckable IWB. There really is no "magic" holster or gun that will go undetected in all circumstances. The point is that you figure out what you want to carry, how you want to carry it, and dress around it. If you need to buy a larger pair of pants or shirt, that's what you need to do.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Exactly what I was thinking. You dress around your gun.[snip] The point is that you figure out what you want to carry, how you want to carry it, and dress around it. If you need to buy a larger pair of pants or shirt, that's what you need to do.
    <<<---------------------------
    You don't think I dress like that by accident, do you? It takes a certain savoire faire to pull that look off, but it works for me. I rarely wear my speed skater suits out in public anymore because the bulge is just too obvious.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Depending on what you do, small of the back carry may work while you are there. I take it you play a plugged in acoustic? If the body hits anything "hard" it will likely be heard. Also, what about a dark button up with a shoulder rig?

Just some thoughts :)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Have a 12ga built into the neck of your guitar!

Oh yeah. :rockwoot:

cd-cover.jpg

PAPASHOT357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    NWI
    I carry every day in this.

Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

Can be set up for almost any handgun and once broken in is not even noticeable. I carry a Kimber Ultra CDP II and am comfortable all day everyday. It has a few different "clip" options for concealment, personally I use the velcro clips and ordered one of their belts with the velcro lining. So tucked or untucked it is almost invisible. Which is important for me. I have also carried my XD40 Service but find it just a little to large to conceal as well as the ultra.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I carry every day in this.

Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

Can be set up for almost any handgun and once broken in is not even noticeable. I carry a Kimber Ultra CDP II and am comfortable all day everyday. It has a few different "clip" options for concealment, personally I use the velcro clips and ordered one of their belts with the velcro lining. So tucked or untucked it is almost invisible. Which is important for me. I have also carried my XD40 Service but find it just a little to large to conceal as well as the ultra.

I also use the MTAC for carry. The knockoff verious are often cheaper, however they do not conceal as well. At least not with a tucked shirt. Giant clips are a dead give away that something is missing as they are out of place. Sure black clips on black pants with black belt helps, but it still stands out.

I currently use the C-clips so you only see a little on the top and bottom of the belt. I may have to check out the velcro clips though!

Top Bottom