• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HD_darla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Hey INGOers, I've done a lot of searching on here and found some great tips.My question is at least not beat to death, well in comparison to- Glock Vs Xd Vs 1911 Vs M&P Vs LCP Vs etc. Close but its still catching the occasional breath :)

I'm a worship leader for a church and was hoping yall could give me some tips for deep concealment a little more specific than what I've found searching. So here's the deal. I generally wear a button up shirt sometimes tucked in sometimes not, no jacket, but there fairly tight fitting as its hard to find clothes that fit me right. Secondly I would much prefer to not use a wallet holster as I HATE stuff in my pocket while I play and sing. Also I wear cowboy boots so an ankle holster would be soooo concealed it would be impossible to get to with out taking 4 hours. So I feel left to an IWB and my question, best gun and holster combo for great concealment! If you have unusual suggestions I'm up for them. Thanks in advance and I'm sure some one will have something clever to say, but I even thank "that guy" :)

Also side note- I know you'll say try them and see for youself what fits your hand best etc, and I will but I would like to hear some opinions before I go.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Hey INGOers, I've done a lot of searching on here and found some great tips.My question is at least not beat to death, well in comparison to- Glock Vs Xd Vs 1911 Vs M&P Vs LCP Vs etc. Close but its still catching the occasional breath :)

I'm a worship leader for a church and was hoping yall could give me some tips for deep concealment a little more specific than what I've found searching. So here's the deal. I generally wear a button up shirt sometimes tucked in sometimes not, no jacket, but there fairly tight fitting as its hard to find clothes that fit me right. Secondly I would much prefer to not use a wallet holster as I HATE stuff in my pocket while I play and sing. Also I wear cowboy boots so an ankle holster would be soooo concealed it would be impossible to get to with out taking 4 hours. So I feel left to an IWB and my question, best gun and holster combo for great concealment! If you have unusual suggestions I'm up for them. Thanks in advance and I'm sure some one will have something clever to say, but I even thank "that guy" :)

Also side note- I know you'll say try them and see for youself what fits your hand best etc, and I will but I would like to hear some opinions before I go.

An ankle holster would be an easy solution. here is another one if you want IWB carry, that allows a shirt to be tucked in.

76.jpg

"Ultra Cover" Holster
    Our deep concealment holster, ideal for use with the shirt tucked in. A leather covered steel
    shank enables the shirt to fall between the holster and belt. -

• Reinforced opening for easy reholstering
    • 1 1/2" belt loop standard (interchangeable 1 1/4", 1 3/4", and non-snap belt loops available)
    • Roughout construction clings to clothing, keeping the holster in its place
    • Stitched sight channel allows smooth front sight clearance
    Available for most Semi-Automatics, Single Actions, and Double Actions.

Hint, get some shirts the next size up......

And I would look at a S&W MP compact, for a small yet good defense handgun. 9MM or .40 cal.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Can you wear a suit jacket?

I would strongly suggest a J-frame.

What you describe is "deep concealment". You have an entire congregation just staring at you.

IWB, Tuckable, J frame + holster.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I know exactly the challenge you face. I use a High Noon Tuckable with a Taurus 709 Slim.

Inside The Waistband

Be sure you scroll down to the "Tuckable" section at the bottom of the page. I use the Split Decision model, but the Centerfold and the Hidden Ally are also good choices.

I bought the 709 Slim because it is much thinner than the G26 and better in the hand than the typical pocket pistols like the LCR, LCP, and Airweights. The 709 also gives greater power than the TCP and other .380s.

Hope this helps.

HD_darla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Thanks every one!
    - I like the idea of a tuckable, I had seen this and completely forgot about it somehow so thanks for the couple people that brought it up.
    -I can't wear a suit jacket while I play guitar. They just don't mix well for me.
    -Its nice to see a preacher that's packin! The head pastor at my church is getting his permit after the new year.
    - to the cowboy boots shotgun comment I lol'd :)
    -And thanks for the links some of you provided, I appreciate it!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Kholster

I have been using them almost as long as I have been carrying (almost 3 years). They are VERY comfortable, adjustable, and inexpensive.

2467341080101870711S425x425Q85.jpg

I usually carry in such a position that it leaves a slight gap between the grip and my belt line, but if I want to DEEP conceal, I move it to where the grip is even or below my belt. A little harder to get at, but well concealed.

ben992

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Spencer County

I am a pastor, and I carry a Glock 36 in a Crossbreed IWB holster and it works great. I am wearing a suitcoat on Sunday, but on Wednesday evening I don't--I tuck my shirt in, and if anyone has ever noticed they have not ever said anything--not that they would care, as I am not the only person in my church that carries.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    OC. Get the conversation started, let your whole congregation know that normal people carry, that you're a sheepdog, that people who carry a gun aren't necessarily miscreants (other than the obvious ones, like people who carry at zoos...)

:popcorn:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    It has been stated--more than once--on this site that one does not carry for comfort, they carry for protection. While in many cases "wallet guns" aren't always the best option because of the small caliber, they can still serve as a good SD device and maybe should be considered for this specific use. Not "liking" things in your pocket when it comes to self defense may be something you need to build a bridge and get over, at least for a couple of hours while you are at church.

Myself, I wear a lot of vests. They conceal my sidearm nicely while at church. I have learned that I need to watch how I hug some folk though. A few folk have been a bit surprised from time to time. HA! Should you choose the "vest carry method" it would be smart to refer to the "hug thread" for techniques on how to hug when carrying. :laugh:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Thanks every one!
    - I like the idea of a tuckable, I had seen this and completely forgot about it somehow so thanks for the couple people that brought it up.
    -I can't wear a suit jacket while I play guitar. They just don't mix well for me.
    -Its nice to see a preacher that's packin! The head pastor at my church is getting his permit after the new year.
    - to the cowboy boots shotgun comment I lol'd :)
    -And thanks for the links some of you provided, I appreciate it!

Guitar?! Well then, here's some options
    guitar20gun20case.jpg

or maybe this
    guitargun.jpg

:D

Good for your pastor!

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Something that MIGHT want to take a look at is something along the lines of a conceal shirt.

5.11 Tactical Gear | Superior Tactical Clothing & Tactical Equipment

5.11 Tactical has them. There is a few different option, but you can wear a shoulder holster UNDER the shirt, and have quick access to your weapon. They also have an inside pocket that is a quick snap away high on your chest. It's worth a look. I've debated going for something like this myself.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    One thing to consider is that if you have a pre-school or a school in your church you can't legally carry a handgun. I know that I can't carry at my church because of the preschool even thought it isn't in session on Sundays. Bill of Rights- what?

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    One thing to consider is that if you have a pre-school or a school in your church you can't legally carry a handgun. I know that I can't carry at my church because of the preschool even thought it isn't in session on Sundays. Bill of Rights- what?
    That is only true IF the daycare or preschool meets the legal definition of a school in the Indiana Code. You can also carry in a school IF you have been authorized by the school. Since the OP is the minister of this church, I don't think he will have any problem being authorized by himself.;)

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Kholster

I have been using them almost as long as I have been carrying (almost 3 years). They are VERY comfortable, adjustable, and inexpensive.

2467341080101870711S425x425Q85.jpg

I usually carry in such a position that it leaves a slight gap between the grip and my belt line, but if I want to DEEP conceal, I move it to where the grip is even or below my belt. A little harder to get at, but well concealed.

I bought a holster for my G26. Well made. Good fit. Comfortable. Downside: nearly impossible to put on. I had to turn nearly 180 degrees in order to put the device on my pants. Very difficult to do. My son tried it as well, even took it with him on a trip to Florida. Same problem, nearly impossible to put it on. I sold it and bought the High Noon tuckable. Just as comfortable, effective, and far easier to mount.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    That is only true IF the daycare or preschool meets the legal definition of a school in the Indiana Code. You can also carry in a school IF you have been authorized by the school. Since the OP is the minister of this church, I don't think he will have any problem being authorized by himself.;)

Good point - thanks.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    OC. Get the conversation started, let your whole congregation know that normal people carry, that you're a sheepdog, that people who carry a gun aren't necessarily miscreants (other than the obvious ones, like people who carry at zoos...)

:popcorn:

This. I would attend church more regularly if my preacher carried. Sadly, mine is anti-gun (or I should say my WIFE'S preacher).

Top Bottom