Work Progression Photos of The New Store & Indoor Range Facility !!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    Can't wait for your opening! Tired of having to drive to Edinburgh to shoot a rifle or more than 10 yards. And anyone with a wife knows how much it costs to drive to Edinburgh.

thompal

Master
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Can't wait for your opening! Tired of having to drive to Edinburgh to shoot a rifle or more than 10 yards. And anyone with a wife knows how much it costs to drive to Edinburgh.

I agree with that! Another issue for me is simply time. I can sometimes find a couple of hours of spare time that I'd LOVE to spend shooting. However, when an hour and a half of that would be spent driving to/from Atterbury, it's hardly worth it.

On the other hand, BGF is about 1 minute from my house.

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Well, the south end of the building where the NAPA auto store used to be is down and cleared away.
    I was going to post a picture but it's not worth the time.

curraheeguns

Master
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I am not sure what used to be where, but the new shop/range will be at 3020 South Emerson in the building that last held a carpet outlet store hence the sign that still hangs on the building announce "CARPET SALE". :)

We are still status quo, waiting on building permits from the city of Indianapolis that were promised weeks ago. So goes the flawless streamlined city government process.

Here is the latest pic of the Southside of the building after demo and cleanup. We plan to add another 6000 sqaure foot expansion onto this side of the building.

bgf.jpg

Corey A. Shaffer
    Director of Marketing
    Beech Grove Firearms, Inc.

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Wait a minute. I thought the range was on Emerson. NAPA was 5th and Main and that was a long time ago.

It may have been Car Quest instead of NAPA according to my wife but it WAS an auto parts store because I used to buy my car parts there.

Anyway after they moved out I believe it sat empty from then on.

I'm anxious to see the intended floor plan of the finished building.

I used to work in a shooting range there in the Grove years ago. You may remember it, it was called "The Gun Room" and was owned by Gary Reed and his wife and at one time they used to pack the place during league shooting nights. It was located down by the bowling alley on Elmwood Ave. near the interstate. I think this new one will be even better. My hats off to Greg and Michelle and the gang at Beech Grove Firearms.

thompal

Master
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I used to work in a shooting range there in the Grove years ago. You may remember it, it was called "The Gun Room" and was owned by Gary Reed and his wife and at one time they used to pack the place during league shooting nights. It was located down by the bowling alley on Elmwood Ave. near the interstate. I think this new one will be even better. My hats off to Greg and Michelle and the gang at Beech Grove Firearms.

Yep, I used to go there a couple of times a week. Even bought some "Reed Loads."

pudly

Grandmaster
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'm tired of waiting. I think you're just messing with us and really have NO intention of ever opening a range...I'm going to go buy a few acres of woods and start playing by myself.

BTW, it's not nice to tease and this has gone on long enough!

I can't imagine being one of the BGF folks and having to deal with all of this red tape. It is coming up on 2 years since they first announced. Good luck and keep on fighting. We want that range! :yesway:

Top Bottom