Work Progression Photos of The New Store & Indoor Range Facility !!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ninjab

Plinker
    Sep 12, 2011
    been follow this thread for forever hoping to eventually shoot here, but I'll be moving this summer so it doesn't look like I will get that pleasure while living in Indy. Certainly will have to try and remember to check if it is done when I visit indy in the future.

curraheeguns

Master
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    CODE WORD IRENE....

ALL BUILDING PERMITS ARE IN!!!!

Beech Grove Firearms would again like to thank everyone for sticking with us during this loooooooooooong drawn out process. We are now on the downward slope. Two days ago the City of Indianapolis granted all of our building permits for both the retail side and range and we have started an intense building rehab. Although the changes may not show up quickly on theoutside, I assure you the inside is changing quickly. I will update this thread as much as possible with photos.

ESTIMATED TIME OF GRAND OPENING:Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
    Let's just say this, We thought we would be open a year and a half ago, then we thought we would be open a year ago, then we thought we would be open 6 months ago!!! In reality we are probably looking at sometime late June for a retail grand opening and July/Aug for the range. ***BUT*** We will open when we feel we have made the new Beech Grove Firearms the store and range facility you want to visit, and not a day before then.

VOLUNTEER INFORMATION: We would like to thank everyone for the offers of free specialized labor and labor, but unfortunately our insurance policy prohibits us from allowing anyone that is not an employee from assessing the building during the construction phase so as much as we would like to, we cannot accept your gracious offers.

NEW EMPLOYEE INFORMATION: We will undoubtedly need to hire new employees at the new retail space and range. However, we will not be ready tohire or interview until about two to three weeks before we open. Any one interested in applying should begin preparing a resume or receiving NRA RSO/INSTRUCTOR qualifications for a better chance at faring better in an interview setting.

Corey A. Shaffer
    Director Of Marketing
    Beech Grove Firearms, Inc.

Last edited:

curraheeguns

Master
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    This weeks work:

bgf1-1.jpg

bgf2-1.jpg

bgf3-1.jpg

bgf4-1.jpg

bgf5-1.jpg

bgf6.jpg

thompal

Master
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    YAY! I wonder how your insurance would deal with offers of contract labor at the staggering rate of $1? Or would they require ridiculous amounts of comp and liability from each contractor?

I was kind of wondering how it would work if all of the "temp help" got paid a couple of slices of pizza a day.

curraheeguns

Master
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    NEW INSIDE PHOTOS
    & SPEC UPDATES!!!

shoring the ceiling for the removal of post and
    installation of 30' engineered lam beams.
    Untitled.jpg

30' engineered lam beams!!!
    bgf3-2.jpg

Pavement cut out for new office space and classroom!!
    Footers are being poured today (04/19/12)
    bgf1-2.jpg

NEW SPEC UPDATES:
    RETAIL SPACE: 1500 SQ FEET
    OFFICE AND WORK SPACE: 1000 SQ FEET
    CLASSROOM: 800 SQ FEET
    RANGE FACILITY: 8000 SQ FEET

MAY WILL BE A
    HUGE MONTH!!!
    LOTS OF PROGRESS!!

Corey A. Shaffer
    Director of Marketing

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I may have to come by and see what you have in the old store. Perhaps I can save you from having to move something to the new store.

curraheeguns

Master
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Classroom/Office Footer is pored and curing.
    bgf-1.jpg

Engineered Lam Beams are up and WOW, what a difference to the showroom. They were one of those, should we or shouldn't we decisions, but we are glad we did!!!
    bgf2-3.jpg

Corey A. Shaffer
    Director of Marketing

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    awesome!!! I guess we need to start a lets put pops out of business campaign next.

I am really looking forward to using the facility. beats driving all the way out to fountaintown to test fire a few guns.

Top Bottom