Work Progression Photos of The New Store & Indoor Range Facility !!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I got a sneak peak at the architectural plans today and they are looking good.

We are still looking at 20 lanes at 25 yards long. We really had room for 22 lanes but decided to have 2 handicap lanes instead of just one.

Things are shaping up nicely!!!

Corey A. Shaffer
    Director Of Marketing
    Beech Grove Firearms, Inc.

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    This is some of their new, courteous and friendly sales staff.

IMAG0060.jpg

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.

curraheeguns

Master
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Update!!!

Demo and clean up is pretty much 100% done!!! Yeah!!!

We are currently waiting on the building permits so construction work on both the retail and range side can start. As soon as the permits drop things should take off like wildfire as all of the contractors are already lined up and in a holding pattern.

I will try and post pics next week, I need a good wide angle lens to do it justice. My Nikon D60 with the 55mm just doesn't show the vast HUUUUUUUGENESS of this building.

Updates again soon!!

Corey A. Shaffer
    Director of Marketing
    Beech Grove Firearms, Inc.

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    All public shooting ranges are required to have ventilation.
    That ventilation is supposed to pull air from the shooter area into the target area into filters and then exit the building which makes for cold air in the winter and warm air in the summer because it would be prohibitively expensive to heat and cool that air, so most ranges install reflective electric heaters in the shooter area to help make it more comfortable in the cold months.

If the air was smokey in the range you were at, then the ventilation system was off or not working and someone should have brought it to the attention of the owner/manager. After all, there is lead dust in that air which is not good for your health.

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.

curraheeguns

Master
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    All public shooting ranges are required to have ventilation.

Very True!! We have spared no expense with our state of the art filtration system. It will be the cleanest range air in the city without a doubt.....including the outdoor ones!!

That ventilation is supposed to pull air from the shooter area into the target area into filters and then exit the building which makes for cold air in the winter and warm air in the summer because it would be prohibitively expensive to heat and cool that air, so most ranges install reflective electric heaters in the shooter area to help make it more comfortable in the cold months.

Our system is designed for HEAT in the winter and COLD in the summer. It will be a true climate control system giving customers a year round nice place to shoot.

Corey A. Shaffer
    Director Of Marketing
    Beech Grove Firearms

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Apr 30, 2008
    See the post above.....this place is going to have air like the high Alps...

Corey A. Shaffer
    Director Of Marketing
    Beech Grove Firearms

Awww man... So we're going to have to wear oxygen masks? :D

7000' was hard enough to breathe. I've also been at 14000' and it was VERY hard to breathe. No way could I have had any success at all in target shooting. hehe

-J-

Malard

Plinker
    Oct 12, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just got back from a new indoor range in indy and I have to say I was less than impressed. Cramped spaces,no tables to place things on, zero ventilation what so ever. Needless to say I cannot wait for BGF to open up their own prices are always top notch in the store and a very knowledgeable and friendly staff. Thank you!

curraheeguns

Master
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Anything new?

Just a new day waiting on building permits. Everything that could be done without a permit is done, now we are chomping at the bit for the "big stuff". Everyone is set and ready to go as soon as the city drops the permit. Should be very soon.

Corey A. Shaffer
    Director of Marketing
    Beech Grove Firearms

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Just a new day waiting on building permits. Everything that could be done without a permit is done, now we are chomping at the bit for the "big stuff". Everyone is set and ready to go as soon as the city drops the permit. Should be very soon.

Corey A. Shaffer
    Director of Marketing
    Beech Grove Firearms

Will the new store and range be next to the actual store?
    I just know about your current address.

wolfman

Master
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Will the new store and range be next to the actual store?
    I just know about your current address.

No, but you could almost throw a rock and hit it. New store is around the corner and 1/2 block N of Main St on Emerson Ave. The pictures in post #2 of this thread are taken from the sidewalk on the E side of Emerson, looking West at the store

curraheeguns

Master
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    No, but you could almost throw a rock and hit it. New store is around the corner and 1/2 block N of Main St on Emerson Ave. The pictures in post #2 of this thread are taken from the sidewalk on the E side of Emerson, looking West at the store

What he said!! The new store will be located at 3020 South Emerson, across from the FEMA underground prison camp.

At this point it appears that the retail side of the store may open a tad prior to the range, but not much. Both the range and the new retail shop will be under the same roof. The old retail store will be no more.

Corey A. Shaffer
    Director of Marketing
    Beech Grove Firearms

Top Bottom