• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I was not disappointed as I actually watched it as pure entertainment which is a 1st for me but it made some of the plot potable at best.
    I did read a lot of things related to the folklore of the gods when I was in school. Not much else to do after exhausting my Mothers paper backs from Hienlen Asimov and several others. English/history/math (past the basics) and Gov. classes were the worst for me. Total snoozers. Having a good book stashed in your text book was the only way I survived. Yes I passed and graduated.

Well congrats on passing...I got a couple of F-ine scores from teachers I really didn't like but wandered through also. After a stint in the Army with GI bill college didn't seem as hard...no one was shooting at me.

And yes, she IS WW.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It doesn't even matter. :naughty:

Well, it does but not nearly so much as it might. Sort of like the TV series...never cared for the story much but watching WW ride a dirt bike off road in a spandex jump suit made the story irrelevant. I'd watch every week just waiting in case...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Okay, I've seen it and I don't get the comments on the end being over the top. From the beginning of the movie they basically play her as a weapon created by Zeus to kill gods, and she left the Amazonians to go kill one. I do wish I hadn't heard all they hype as the movie wasn't THAT good, it would have seemed better probably if I hadn't heard of it before seeing it. She did make a good WW though.

I watched it this weekend and had pretty much the same reaction. She was specifically "made" to battle Ares so I could see how she could do it. I was honestly expecting more of an ending given some of the things I had read and given the scene where she first crossed the gauntlets when sparring.

It was good, but still not Marvel movie good. I'll check out Justice League after it comes out (but I will have already seen Thor Ragnarok :stickpoke: for sure).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    She "IS" wonder woman.

And yes, she IS WW.

Whoa. WHOA. WHOA!!!!!

I know you guys don't intend any disrespect, but you can't just say or type things like that.

FACT: Lynda Carter IS Wonder Woman. This has always been true and will always be true.

Now, Gal Gadot is excellent in the role . . . perhaps the best available . . . but she may not lay claim to "owning" the role because it's already owned.

Furthermore, if any of you savages even implies that Julie Newmar isn't THE Catwoman, it's gonna get real up in here real' quick.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Michelle Pfeiffer IS the catwoman.

wp_ss_20171009_0002_2.png

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Halloween is coming up. Maybe I'll get to see some "Wonder Women".

You're probably going to see more Pennywise.
    As an aside the Justice League might be quite good. The WW movie broke from the other DC titles by adding a fair bit of humor. DC took note, fired the JL director, and the new director has rewritten and reshot large portions of the movie adding elements that made WW so successful. They are limiting continuality, in favor of entertainment.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    As an aside the Justice League might be quite good. The WW movie broke from the other DC titles by adding a fair bit of humor. DC took note, fired the JL director, and the new director has rewritten and reshot large portions of the movie adding elements that made WW so successful. They are limiting continuality, in favor of entertainment.

I see clowns all the time.

I want to see slutty Halloween outfits.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons

Don't think Zack was fired. He had a family tragedy. Maybe it's because he had no family time? We don't know. To lose a family through suicide is not something you just keeping going at that moment. One might have to stop and reflect what went wrong or how he could have help prevent it.

Also, he co wrote Wonder Woman and will be an executive producer/producer on the rest of the upcoming DCEU films. For the sake of entertainment that they will resort to the same tone as the other studio lacks identity. It makes the film "just one of them". That's why I dig what Zack did with MOS and BvS ultimate edition. They knew it was still gonna be a hit with a dumb down theatrical release, hence they had the ultimate version of BvS (which is the full story) and still rake revenues through video release. It was a marketing strategy. He didn't conform to the masses (hence so many dislikes and bashing) but still stayed somewhat true to the comic universe.

I see what Marvel/Disney has done and it works for the masses. I appreciate it too but it's just bland. I know everyone is different. Hence I appreciate the different road DCEU took to cater to the other 'masses'.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Saw WW over the weekend. It was good. I do like that the humor was more story-oriented and quite sharp. The first half was better than the second, and the major plot points were easily deduced.

But, it was entertaining.

At the risk of spoilers, I can only imagine Chris Pine's agent pitching the roll to him.

Agent: It'd be great for you to get into a superhero franchise.
    CP: Yeah, no kidding. That's awesome. I don't really care about being a sidekick in this. So, is it 3 or 4 movie deal, maybe with options?
    Agent: Welllllllllll..................

Top Bottom