• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I laughed out loud on this one. THANKS!!!!
    I'll bet there's a couple of shotguns with scratches and gouges on them now. Poor gals.
    Thanks Joe for your advice. You're so helpful!

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I know the point the video is making, and Biden is a baffoon for his "suggestion"...BUT:

Any man who would give a novice female shooter a firearm with intense recoil (12 gauge, 500SW, any number of others) and not instruct her on what to expect and how to properly manage it is doing themselves, that woman, and our passion a huge disservice.

And anybody who does all those things and films it to put Youtube is a raving douchebag.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I know the point the video is making, and Biden is a baffoon for his "suggestion"...BUT:

Any man who would give a novice female shooter a firearm with intense recoil (12 gauge, 500SW, any number of others) and not instruct her on what to expect and how to properly manage it is doing themselves, that woman, and our passion a huge disservice.

And anybody who does all those things and films it to put Youtube is a raving douchebag.

Isn't that exactly what Biden is doing by telling women to "Buy a shotgun"?

:dunno:

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Isn't that exactly what Biden is doing by telling women to "Buy a shotgun"?

:dunno:

Sort of, but not really.

Biden's not putting a loaded weapon into their hands, that they've never fired before, not telling them "its gonna kick like a sumbiatch, you need to hold on tight and lean into it" then sitting back and laughing when they get walloped. He's also certainly not recording it to post on the internet.

If Biden wanted to sound half-azz credible, he'd have recommended women buy a 20 gauge because its just as effective as 12ga with less recoil, making it easier to handle and fire...not emptying your coach gun into the air with reckless warning shots.

The morons in the above video are borderline misogynistic, while Biden's just an idiot.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    Wow... Really???? misogynistic??? Someone woke up on the wrong side of the liberal bed. There are plenty of videos out there of guys shooting like that also but because Biden said shot guns are easy to use and recommended for them for women, that's what is in the video.

Geez..... People that lost the broom stick in there backside drive me crazy. Smile people :-)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Sort of, but not really.

Biden's not putting a loaded weapon into their hands, that they've never fired before, not telling them "its gonna kick like a sumbiatch, you need to hold on tight and lean into it" then sitting back and laughing when they get walloped. He's also certainly not recording it to post on the internet.

If Biden wanted to sound half-azz credible, he'd have recommended women buy a 20 gauge because its just as effective as 12ga with less recoil, making it easier to handle and fire...not emptying your coach gun into the air with reckless warning shots.

The morons in the above video are borderline misogynistic, while Biden's just an idiot.

I see that Biden is doing exactly what you say these men are doing. He tells them to buy them yet doesn't tell them how they shoot etc. :dunno:

Dr Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    If our goal is to have the women in our lives be embarrased, injured, afraid of guns, and not like them, then we should keep handing them the most powerful guns we can, give them little to no instruction, and record the mayhem.
    As responsible gun owners, we should have more women learn about and enjoy shooting and get on our side of the gun right issues. Over 50% of the population is female. Would you rather have them as allies, or embarrassed, injured, former shooters ?

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Wow... Really???? misogynistic??? Someone woke up on the wrong side of the liberal bed.

Yeah, that's me...a liberal because I don't find giving small frame women big guns without instruction and watching them get knocked on their ass very amusing.:coffee: Same is true for small men and children.

Maybe its because I was 11 years old shooting Marlin 60s with ARs and M1 Carbines as the "big guns" when some dickwad handed me a 7mm Rem Magnum and I lit it off, making my shoulder look like I'd been beaned by Nolan Ryan and giving a few old men some chuckles. I'm pretty certain that's the reason I'm recoil adverse almost 19 years later.

The first long gun my wife ever shot was an AR before she was Mrs. avboiler11. Why? Because of its light weight and moderate recoil.

207660_10102066375473918_65942822_n.jpg

AGAIN PEOPLE: I agree 100% that Biden was a moron with his statement. But he didn't himself put a loaded weapon into somebody's hands with the intent of watching them get smacked something fierce for their own amusement.

THAT is what I simply cannot stand...

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

First off, I never would. I have taught my kids (including my daughter) to shoot, and my wife. I started BOTH out with the .22. Once they were comfortable, I let them move to the .38, 9mm, and then my daughter to the .357 magnum. I would DISCOURAGE both my wife and daughter from shooting a 12 gauge at this stage of their shooting experience. I would start them both off with most likely a .410....maybe a 20 gauge.

With that state, my mother could shoot any gun put in front of her...including a 12 gauge, better than many men.

but the video demonstrates the true IGNORANCE of the VP's words.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    It cracks me up. I sent this video to everyone I know. This includes my wife, daughter, mother, my grandmother, and several women that I know that are not related to me. Everyone of them cracked up laughing but yet SOME of the guys on here are offended. Let me guess... When you got married you didn't shove came in your brides face while she did it back did y'all?? Going by the same token, if you did, you are basically a sexest pig. Now how rediculous does that sound

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Sort of, but not really.

BS.....his speech is telling them to do exactly what is in the video...that a shotgun is easier to shoot than an AR. and that is an outright lie.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    BS.....his speech is telling them to do exactly what is in the video...that a shotgun is easier to shoot than an AR. and that is an outright lie.
    thank you

That is exactly how I see it. He may not be physically putting the gun into their hands but he is saying that's all the need, go buy one. No instruction, no words of advice on kick, recoil etc... just it's all you need. :n00b:

Top Bottom