Woman caught on tape stealing an 8-year olds' Christmas present!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    The differences between the article and the newscast don't match. If she never stole it, how was she going to offer to return it?

And yes that statement was the only one she picked. We talked about it for like 25-30 minutes and she grabs the one dumb sounding sentence. LOL What I said was that I don't control the public. And that the actions of strangers are exactly that. They are the actions of other people. Not me. I am not responsible for what some lunatic might do to her. And I won't feel guilty about it. Do I think that violence or murder or rape is too harsh? Yes. But if someone else disagrees, then that's up to them.

I thought "the actions of strangers are exactly that" was one of the most eloquent, concise, and succinct answers you could possibly have given. I don't think it makes you sound like a 'tard or illiterate at all; quite the opposite, in fact. I don't believe I've repped you about all this yet, but I'm gonna rep you for that response as printed.

LOL not sure. It's okay. Viewership is skyrocketing and public support is overwhelmingly in my favor. Go check the comments section. :D

Feedback is almost completely AGAINST her though. The story she tells doesn't make sense. And all you have to do is watch the video.

The good thing is that the story links directly to your YouTube video, which means that everybody who
    clicked that link had the chance to see your full explanation in the "more info" section, plus the in-video play-by-play. Irrefutable, and without media bias.

Guess the mask thing would have gone over like a lead balloon on the news though, huh?

They MAKE those!? No way; I gotta get me one!

Last edited:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    What an idiot thing to say at the end of the News Story video by the anchorwoman. Basically she says that unedited video can lie? HUH?! Did they forget that she stole the gun? If Ms. Ward has trouble finding a job later, it is because she stole something. Your actions have consequences.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    "People are coming to my home, they're telling me they are going to rape me, murder me, sodomize my children," Ward said.

is there any truth in this? I find it hard to believe.

HollidaySlim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    From Channel 6 News said:
    But Ward denied stealing the gun, telling Massee that the boy was being obnoxious and pointing the gun at her son, so she took it and put it away.

If that is her stance on the issue, why does she feel the need to unwad the wrapping paper and cover the toy up? Then pick it up and hand it to someone else? What why was she trying to hide the fact that she picked it up?

I think the biggest piece of evidence here is the fact the teenagers already admitted they took place in the theft. It doesn't get much easier to prove guilt when the parties involved come clean about what happened.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I don't understand why she took YOUR son's toy when I see several toy guns being pointed around by the children playing with them. It seems to me that her defense of 'taking it because he was pointing it at her son' is a bunch of BS or else she would have taken ALL of the toy guns away. And if she was just hiding it from him because he was being obnoxious why wouldn't she have told you, or anyone else really, where it was afterward? :noway:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I don't understand why she took YOUR son's toy when I see several toy guns being pointed around by the children playing with them. It seems to me that her defense of 'taking it because he was pointing it at her son' is a bunch of BS or else she would have taken ALL of the toy guns away. And if she was just hiding it from him because he was being obnoxious why wouldn't she have told you, or anyone else really, where it was afterward? :noway:

One thing that has been on my mind every time I re-read that she was taking the gun away as a response to the boy's supposed mishandling of said gun is how differently I and those in my family handle such doings by our little ones. I have a niece and a nephew, ages 6 and 4 respectively, and whenever one of them is doing something wrong or is mishandling something, be it a toy or something they're playing with that SHOULDN'T be a toy, we don't just take it away in silence. Rather, we interrupt whatever they are doing, take the item, and TALK to them about what they did wrong and why it was wrong. It doesn't matter that these children aren't mine; any of the aunts, uncles, or grandparents would do the same.

The complete absence of any such corrective instruction, not at the time, nor later on, on the part of Delana Ward betrays either poor skills as a motherly figure/family mentor (since she wasn't the child's mother) or the fact that the story was fabricated and/or exaggerated as a cover for the behavior we have witnessed on the video record.

Furthermore, that she continued to hide the toy gun at the end of the day when there was a search party out to find it... yeah, I'm not buying her story; at least not as the primary objective.

Received today...

I called Ron and we spoke together. He expressed an interest in running another story for APTV. I made clear to him my concerns about the obvious slanting of the WRTV story. He said that they do not intend to run the same story, but to make their own. He said he needed my permission to use the youtube video in their report.

I sent him this email.

After I sent the email, Ron called me again and he assured me that their story will be more objective and seeking of the truth. Also, he agreed to include what I said in the email in the report.

Oh my gawd. The AP? This things going worldwide!

Wow. I wonder at what point she will acknowledge even the fact that she needs to return the gun, let alone that she was wrong to have taken it in the manner she did. *shakes head*

Caleb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Make you sure post the time and date of the AP story if you can...I'm really interested in seeing where they go with it. I hope that it is indeed more objective than the WRTV piece.

You've created a monster, man! Its one thing to have something blow up on Youtube...its quite another to be contacted by major media outlets.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    wow, she actually un-crumbles some paper and throws it over the gun. This aint her first theft rodeo.......
    I read the first 15 pages of this thread....then I had to skip some. This whole AP thing has got me confused. I'm trying to figure out if it is a joke or not. If I saw this on the news, my wife and I would look at eachother and say...."huh.....was that really just on the news"...."must have been a slow day"....:twocents:

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I didn't make this, just found it on a gaming forum

55555555555a.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom