Woman caught on tape stealing an 8-year olds' Christmas present!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So boys & girls what have we learned from this thread, the events, and actions of all (the people in the video, the reades and posters on THIS board, uTube, etc..) involved?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Next time I decide to steal Christmas parents from kids who trust me, take candy from a baby, or kick the cane out from under an old woman crossing the street, I'd best check extra double hard to make sure no one is videoing me doing it?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    bad SE.. BAD!!!
    I'm serious what have we learned (if anything)?

For example...

- Once you upload something online it will be there f-o-r-e-v-e-r. There is no taking it back. As FLECTH said some time ago on this thread it's like a bullet you fire. There is no way to ever recall it. Case in point, some of you SNIP (ie deleted your comments) yet those that quoted your comments BEFORE the deletion (your comments) are still online for all to see.

- The internet is like the wild and when you upload something to it (that something) will become a wild animal with a life of it's own that can spring new stuff that you never intended. There is no way for you to control it anymore. (ie the video in this case is all over the place and has started other things (ie calls, letters to employees, etc..)

- The :ingo: audience (like any other audience) is like the Roman Colosseum Mob they can turn on a glatiator in a split second. One second you are the greatest (Your idea was great!) and the next you are the worst (How dare you let it go this far). :rolleyes: It's actually a nice study we had here on how people get into "group thinking" in settings like this and then back away from what is going on. This would be a great sociology/pscology case study for a college class.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    - Once you upload something online it will be there f-o-r-e-v-e-r. There is no taking it back. As FLECTH said some time ago on this thread it's like a bullet you fire. There is no way to ever recall it. Case in point, some of you SNIP (ie deleted your comments) yet those that quoted your comments BEFORE the deletion (your comments) are still online for all to see.

Well going back and reading what I posted, I said what I said. When I saw names and addresses being posted, that is when I knew it was going to get out of hand. That is when I requested the OP delete the video. This was before 4chan etc had gotten wind of it per se. The humiliation of the woman whose heart was so hardened as to not admit anything got what she has coming, it was the bystanders that I was mainly thinking of. The damage to her was already done, at this point I feel it could have been stopped most likely. Look at the time post when I edited it. I edited with a SNIP deliberately. I know some of my comments remain, and that is fine.

I have PM's the OP and said I am in no way mad at what he did, actually I was for it when it was yet still small and not global.

Now, its the collateral damage that is uncontrollable.

Do I regret what I did and posted? yes somewhat. I jumped on the bandwagon so to speak and could not believe that she would not come clean. I truly believed that it would be up for no more than 1 hour or so.

Boy was I wrong. Now they are posting the OP's name etc...

Hopefully it will die down some after a bit of time.

One thing I will state is the reaction of the 'thief', coming up with explanations etc 24 hours after the video and her husband’s reactions have really surprised me. They are reaching for whatever they can get and that makes it all the sadder.

Anyhow, lesson learned on my end for sure……

In all actuality I do not think that the OP really thought that the scale of what transpired would actually happen, none of us did.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    anchorman-1.jpg

Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.
    Champ Kind: It jumped up a notch.
    Ron Burgundy: It did, didn't it?
    Brick Tamland: Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart.
    Ron Burgundy: I saw that. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?
    Brick Tamland: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.
    Ron Burgundy: Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I knew the minute 4chan was mentioned it would go global. I knew it would get out of hand. What blew me away though was that it wasn't him or his family that posted her info, but it was her and her little gang that posted HIS info. If that doesn't get them in trouble, if they try to take it to court, that'll be a BIG strike against them. Even if they delete the info and say it wasn't them, the courts can use the website that records every website, everyday for reference of changes. I believe we here used it when obamatard was still campaigning and changing his website...

Regardless, I did relearn that Karma really will come back to bite you in the ***. I learned that earlier in life but relearned it over the last few days.

I also learned that if you're going to be a douche bag, don't do it where someone is most likely recording it. :D

HollidaySlim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    anchorman-1.jpg

Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.
    Champ Kind: It jumped up a notch.
    Ron Burgundy: It did, didn't it?
    Brick Tamland: Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart.
    Ron Burgundy: I saw that. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?
    Brick Tamland: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.
    Ron Burgundy: Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.

This post delivers! :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom