With R's controlling EVERYTHING now What new legislation do you want?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    the requirement of ALL LAW abiding citizens to own at least one assault rifle.
    I don't think forcing someone to own something they don't want will accomplish anything more than a lot of stolen weapons and people who aren't happy looking to make them illegal. Never looked at places that tell people to own anything or else as any freer than a place that says you can't own one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't think forcing someone to own something they don't want will accomplish anything more than a lot of stolen weapons and people who aren't happy looking to make them illegal. Never looked at places that tell people to own anything or else as any freer than a place that says you can't own one.

"ACA"

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    How about a national preemption of state firearms laws.

Help out our brothers in some of these states that passed stupid laws.

On the other hand, that would remove from the States the ability to protect firearms if the federal government lost its mind and starting banning/restricting again.

Better to expand on Heller and McDonald, and then get federal judges to strike down CA, NY, NJ, MD and CT laws as unconstitutional.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Turn off the home shopping network and put away the credit card and stop spending money on frivolous crap. This includes silly research and art projects, pork barrel spending, bloated military(*) spending, political junkets...

(*) support our troops but see recent thread regarding million dollar naval munitions.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Shrink the federal government. Start with elimination of Dept of Energy, Dept of Education, Dept of Labor, EPA (have the states deal with it), HUD, Health and Human Services. Eliminate union membership for federal employees. That's all I can think of off hand.
    For the rest, except defense, immediate reduction in staff of 10% (OK to do with attrition). Rescind Obama illegal executive orders. Secret Service protection to end two years after you leave office.

All welfare recipients, SNAP, SS disability, etc. must be vetted for qualification annually.

There's lot's more, but this is a start.

The only problem with that is that it would require a lot of staffing to do it, which kind of goes against your goal of a 10% reduction in federal employment.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The only problem with that is that it would require a lot of staffing to do it, which kind of goes against your goal of a 10% reduction in federal employment.

Just wean them all off the stolen tax dollar programs and transfer them to the private sector charities and insurers.

If that takes a temporary shifting of responsibilities for several government employees, fine. Once finished, get them off the teat as well.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I am on disability, state only, can't get federal as I won't tell them or get a doctor to say I have mental problems.

I get vetted yearly, I go to my doctors and have them fill out forms and send them in plus I sign a release so they can get whatever they want from my records. I must also submit financial records showing I don't make any money. While I understand why you might say this stuff, there are a lot of free loaders out there, I already have to do what you are asking and so does everyone else. Feds ask for the same stuff so this one is already being done.

I would say perhaps the doctors who certify a lot of folks might need looking into as much as those who are on disability.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I'm less concerned about legislation than I am about getting conservatives appointed to the SCOTUS. If Trump lasts two terms, he may appoint as many as five and almost certainly three. Imagine Trey Gowdy as a Supreme Court justice! If Trump nominates and the Senate confirms some youngish justices, the Constitution will be safe for decades.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Just a reminder to the demoncrats...........

[video=youtube;25HN1kZtRIw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25HN1kZtRIw[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Along with repeal of NFA, national reciprocity, constitutional carry, I'd like to see NICS go away, but I doubt that could get done.

As a compromise, make NICS comport with due process. Have it only search to see if a court has ordered removal of 2A rights through due process for things like mental illness, conviction of violent crimes, etc. No legitimate reason to deny people their 2A rights for just any felony conviction, or just any mental issue. Is a person convicted of writing bad checks really all that much more likely to commit violence with a firearm than the average joe?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Along with repeal of NFA, national reciprocity, constitutional carry, I'd like to see NICS go away, but I doubt that could get done.

As a compromise, make NICS comport with due process. Have it only search to see if a court has ordered removal of 2A rights through due process for things like mental illness, conviction of violent crimes, etc. No legitimate reason to deny people their 2A rights for just any felony conviction, or just any mental issue. Is a person convicted of writing bad checks really all that much more likely to commit violence with a firearm than the average joe?

Never happen. Govt need an enduring underclass to rule. Felon's don't have the opportunity to vote nor defend themselves. It's pretty shameful, and of course, it's always the poorest of Americans.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana
    We do have a HUGE opportunity here, and we can't take baby steps if we are to get what we want. Midterm elections are two years away and I am sure Democrats are already planning to try to take the house or senate or both in 2018. Ultimately I would like to see a constitutional amendment that restricts congress from passing any law regulation the used, or sale of firearms. I would also like to see Suppressors, SBR, SBS, AOW removed from the NFA. I think the 86 MG ban needs to be repealed as well. At the least there is no reason why NFA items couldn't be just ran through the FBI NICS system.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Never happen. Govt need an enduring underclass to rule. Felon's don't have the opportunity to vote nor defend themselves. It's pretty shameful, and of course, it's always the poorest of Americans.
    Oh, i know it will never happen. I also think once a sentence is served full rights of citizenship should be restored. That'll never happen either. But this is a wishlist. NFA ain't going anywhere either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh, i know it will never happen. I also think once a sentence is served full rights of citizenship should be restored. That'll never happen either. But this is a wishlist. NFA ain't going anywhere either.

Revenue and control. It is also an employment thing. How many heads are we paying to manipulate or hobby/passion in the name of safety.

Top Bottom