??????
    two-chicks-6047.0.html.jpg

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    The decals it comes with are from CVW-11, but I don't recognize the specific unit. I'm running with that. When I do the boats, I'd like to do up an EA-6B from a unit attached to the Roosevelt, since that is the carrier group my dad was a part of in Desert Storm. But that's a ways in the future, as some of the boats are on the expensive side. Once of the oiler models I found that I need to do the USS Blandy is over $130 from an Italian company.

And by the way, your models are awesome. Hopefully with practice I can get that good.
    the E/A-6B should be easy to find, it's recently been rerelease by a couple companies, but I would steer away from the Italian company if it's italeri, their kits are not very good at all, at least in my experience. Tamiya, hasegawa, trumpeter all make excellent kits, of course their are hidden gems and lumps of coal in all their line up of kits. I always tried to find reviews, and keep in mind, much like any hobby, some people take their hobby way​ to serious!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I build tube audio amplifiers in the winter. I build a nice preamp as well when I have time. It's usually only when the weather is horrendous though. I build speakers when I need them or when one of my buddies is looking for something new. It's hard to buy good storebought audio gear without spending tens of thousands of dollars.
    I tear up my Jeeps too when I start getting cabin fever.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    the E/A-6B should be easy to find, it's recently been rerelease by a couple companies, but I would steer away from the Italian company if it's italeri, their kits are not very good at all, at least in my experience. Tamiya, hasegawa, trumpeter all make excellent kits, of course their are hidden gems and lumps of coal in all their line up of kits. I always tried to find reviews, and keep in mind, much like any hobby, some people take their hobby way​ to serious!

I had done an EA-6B in high school, but lost it over the years. The ship model isn't Italieri, but a smaller company, and it's cast resin. Beautiful piece, and great reviews. I just don't have $130 laying around that the CFO/wife will let me spend.

EDIT: found a review of the kit, Kilauea class ammunition ships -->http://www.steelnavy.com/S&CKiluaea.htm

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Mostly shift from failing to catch up with the mess I'm behind on outside to failing to catch up with the mess I'm behind on inside. Maybe one of these years I'll catch up enough to actually do something interesting. At least this winter maybe not spend a month in & out of the hospital. Kinda took a bite out of my summer.

modeltman1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    I work on my antique cars when it is not too cold-get them ready for touring in the spring----ohhh and go to florida for a while :rockwoot:

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Before I got into gun collecting and shooting...I got into collecting and restoring antique toy steam engines. I thoroughly enjoy it and it's great for a cold winter day to putz in my workshop on a steam engine needing some love. My website features dozens of them!!! www.indianarog.com

Roger

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I had done an EA-6B in high school, but lost it over the years. The ship model isn't Italieri, but a smaller company, and it's cast resin. Beautiful piece, and great reviews. I just don't have $130 laying around that the CFO/wife will let me spend.

EDIT: found a review of the kit, Kilauea class ammunition ships -->http://www.steelnavy.com/S&CKiluaea.htm
    Ah, I see. I've never done a full resin kit, I've used the cockpit upgrade parts, but I don't have the guts to try a full on kit!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I tinker on guns, reload, do lots of machining in the winter. the downside is the machining is done in an uninsulated and unheated garage:( I plan on saving up money and fixing that.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Refine my existing old muscle car while looking for another project. Reloading brass that was ammo earlier in the year.:)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Hobbies? Who has time for hobbies?

No time when it's warm...no time when it's cool...certainly no time when it's cold and snowy!

What I do: I'm a dad. I change diapers, prepare meals, wipe noses & butts, play with and cuddle with two super cute kids, etc. And when the big one throws a tantrum - I beg my mom to take her for the next two years or so.

And I research aftermarket upgrades for stuff that I can't afford - and don't shoot now. And certainly won't have time to shoot later, either.

Top Bottom