• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Before I got into gun collecting and shooting...I got into collecting and restoring antique toy steam engines. I thoroughly enjoy it and it's great for a cold winter day to putz in my workshop on a steam engine needing some love. My website features dozens of them!!! www.indianarog.com

Roger

I had thought about buying a couple of little steamers at an auction out in Greenfield a couple of weeks ago but the bidding quickly went out of my "I'll buy it and stick it on the shelf for when all of my OTHER projects are complete" price range. The GF's fam is into antique tractors and own 3 or 4, all internal combustion but still old and still cool. They've infected me though as I recently bought an old Hit -n- Miss engine to play around with.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Hobbies? Who has time for hobbies?

No time when it's warm...no time when it's cool...certainly no time when it's cold and snowy!

What I do: I'm a dad. I change diapers, prepare meals, wipe noses & butts, play with and cuddle with two super cute kids, etc. And when the big one throws a tantrum - I beg my mom to take her for the next two years or so.

And I research aftermarket upgrades for stuff that I can't afford - and don't shoot now. And certainly won't have time to shoot later, either.

I get that. I don't do a lot of things that others do so that I have a little time to pursue my hobbies. No poker night with the guys, no bowling leagues, softball, I don't watch sports on TV or much of anything for that matter. This opens up a little bit of time for me. But not much.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Since it is too cold in Indiana for most of what I like to do, I should probably finish my Phd. I am about 1/3 complete and had to put it on hold because of being: out of the country / out of money / too busy with other responsiblities / struggling through health issues. It seems like all of that is stable now, so working on my education will be my winter hobby.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Reloading is one of my prime winter hobbies. I also have a '68 Fiat Spider that I'm restoring and need to do a bunch of welding on, but it can be tough to get myself into the garage when it's only 34 degrees in there. Working on cold metal in a cold garage on cold concrete is not as inviting as it sounds.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    thats a nice looking tomcat, what unit are you going to do her up in? Here's a couple I've built, my most recent ones anyway

Holy Cow, those look good! I think I need to get back into modelling this winter. I used to be big into 1/48 aircraft and had started buying ship models but stopped building about 10 years ago. I kept buying but have not build in a while, thinking the bug would bite me again. One project that I need to work on is a 1/32 P38J in the markings of my great uncle's aircraft during WWII. He was killed while flying with the 55th FG out of Nuthumpstead. While I have not been building models in a while, I have dabbled in aviation art in oil. I'm currently working on a painting of Jack Cunnick's kill of an Me 262 over Lechfield. This is one I did a couple of years ago:

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Mine is a 124. I have a 69 as well, but will probably downsize to just one when the 68 is done. It's the 122nd Spider built for the US market but is as rusty a car as I've seen.

Top Bottom