• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I am either in here (my office and reloading room) as I am now on the computer or reloading or tinkering with one gun or another.

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom152_zps77097575.jpg

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom151_zps7ccba983.jpg

100_4650_zpsf3af89ba.jpg

Otherwise I am in the main part of the shop which is through the door to the right of my desk. Both areas are in my basement. The cabinet and radial arm saw are in the garage which also has heat. I do the big cuts out there and the assembly and finishing of various projects here in my basement shop. Always something to do all year long and it keeps me from going bonkers when not at the range! :)

VJHSHOP274_zps7fde89ae.jpg

VJHSHOP275_zps3cc00e44.jpg

VJHSHOP169_zps7708868a.jpg
    Nice unisaw! I'd like to get out in the shop, but no heat, no woodworking for me! I used to build models in the winter, mostly 1/48 and 1/32 modern fighters. I haven't messed with them for quite awhile, Fenway's post about model railroads got me looking at that again, but the wife isn't going to go for anything that takes up half a room!

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Choo choos.

Nice unisaw! I'd like to get out in the shop, but no heat, no woodworking for me! I used to build models in the winter, mostly 1/48 and 1/32 modern fighters. I haven't messed with them for quite awhile, Fenway's post about model railroads got me looking at that again, but the wife isn't going to go for anything that takes up half a room!

I would also like to build a few models just for kicks,it's been a long time. It seems though that since everyone in my rather large family knows I have this shop there is no end of furniture to repair,re-finish or even pieces they like for me to build. Someday maybe I will have the time to build something for me! :) The trains are also fun but now that the shop is down here I am not sure where I could put one. This house is the one I grew up in back in the 50's and 60's we purchased it last year from my late Mother's estate (right back where I started!). In the corner where the band-saw now stands we had a 10' x 5' train table and layout. Initially in the 50's it was all S gauge American Flyer (wish I had those back now!) but in the 60's we switched to HO because we could get a larger layout in the same space. It's all gone now but many fond memories of building and running that railroad with my Dad remain. :)

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Reloading for sure. New revolver to work up loads.
    I recently discovered an ice rink in Bloomington and am hoping to get my hockey legs back. It's been a long time since I laced up the old Bauers.
    Carting wood to the house to stay warm. :):
    Hoping to get my garage wired inside and build a work bench

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I need to re-string a 50+ year old Gibson "F" hole guitar and try and re-learn how to play it. Also, I moved into a new apartment during October and am still working on getting it 'organized'. I will also wait for warm-ish days in order to head out to the range in Terre Haute and get some shooting done.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    So far I am back into doing scale models, a hobby I haven't touched in 10 years. Have a 1:144 F-14 that I am working on (and it is teeeny) and a 1:48 F/A-18E next. I've got my eye's on a B-29 that I'd love to have hanging in my office, but that's off in the future. Also looking into getting a heater for the garage/shop so I can spend some time in their this winter, as I have some things coming that I'd like to get done on the cars, but don't want to do in the cold. Probably will be hitting the range with the kid over Christmas break to get her acquainted with guns (other than don't touch it). Plus she's getting a bow for Christmas, so I can imagine some range time for that. Maybe in the spring I'll get her her first gun, if .22 starts coming back into supply. And video games. Getting ready to do a run through the Call of Duty series from start to finish.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would also like to build a few models just for kicks,it's been a long time. It seems though that since everyone in my rather large family knows I have this shop there is no end of furniture to repair,re-finish or even pieces they like for me to build. Someday maybe I will have the time to build something for me! :) The trains are also fun but now that the shop is down here I am not sure where I could put one. This house is the one I grew up in back in the 50's and 60's we purchased it last year from my late Mother's estate (right back where I started!). In the corner where the band-saw now stands we had a 10' x 5' train table and layout. Initially in the 50's it was all S gauge American Flyer (wish I had those back now!) but in the 60's we switched to HO because we could get a larger layout in the same space. It's all gone now but many fond memories of building and running that railroad with my Dad remain. :)

I bought the house I grew up in (Dad built it himself in 1952) from my mom back in 2005 once the yard got to be too much for her to take care of. I envy you for having the space for that shop!

I plan on starting to reload for my rifles this winter. Started loading for handguns last year.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Being a hermit my winter hobbies don't alter much from my summer ones. Highest on the priority list for winter is sitting in a warm room and watching good movies.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    funny how everybody seems to always have something they want built! Our house is pretty packed with the addition of our son, the small bedroom used to be my little cave, but he took that over so I've just got a small desk in the dining room... I could heat the garage and use that I suppose, but then I'd have to get rid of my daughters kittens...

So far I am back into doing scale models, a hobby I haven't touched in 10 years. Have a 1:144 F-14 that I am working on (and it is teeeny) and a 1:48 F/A-18E next. I've got my eye's on a B-29 that I'd love to have hanging in my office, but that's off in the future. Also looking into getting a heater for the garage/shop so I can spend some time in their this winter, as I have some things coming that I'd like to get done on the cars, but don't want to do in the cold. Probably will be hitting the range with the kid over Christmas break to get her acquainted with guns (other than don't touch it). Plus she's getting a bow for Christmas, so I can imagine some range time for that. Maybe in the spring I'll get her her first gun, if .22 starts coming back into supply. And video games. Getting ready to do a run through the Call of Duty series from start to finish.
    :postpics:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Last Winter I remodeled my garage so that this Winter I could reload. I now have heat in it so I will do some loading and some working on my firearms. Most of them need at least a little work done on them. I also do my once a year full detail strip and clean of my firearms. Some need wood work. Some will get some action/trigger work.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    funny how everybody seems to always have something they want built! Our house is pretty packed with the addition of our son, the small bedroom used to be my little cave, but he took that over so I've just got a small desk in the dining room... I could heat the garage and use that I suppose, but then I'd have to get rid of my daughters kittens...

:postpics:

This is the F-14, it's the first model I've worked on in 8-10 years, so the quality stinks.
    IMG_0053.jpg

The F-18 is next, and I'm either doing a B-29 after that, or a B-1B, if I can find a good one. Eventually I've got about 5-7 baots in mind to build. I'm going build models of all of the boats my dad was on in the Navy, as accuate as possible. One of the models is an ammunition ship, and it's getting paired with a carrier to model an unrep. Have to get better first before I do that though.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    This is the F-14, it's the first model I've worked on in 8-10 years, so the quality stinks.
    View attachment 23925

The F-18 is next, and I'm either doing a B-29 after that, or a B-1B, if I can find a good one. Eventually I've got about 5-7 baots in mind to build. I'm going build models of all of the boats my dad was on in the Navy, as accuate as possible. One of the models is an ammunition ship, and it's getting paired with a carrier to model an unrep. Have to get better first before I do that though.
    thats a nice looking tomcat, what unit are you going to do her up in? Here's a couple I've built, my most recent ones anyway

Speedybruin4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Playing video games and catching up on reading gun books take up most of my non work time. Also playing a little basketball.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    thats a nice looking tomcat, what unit are you going to do her up in? Here's a couple I've built, my most recent ones anyway

The decals it comes with are from CVW-11, but I don't recognize the specific unit. I'm running with that. When I do the boats, I'd like to do up an EA-6B from a unit attached to the Roosevelt, since that is the carrier group my dad was a part of in Desert Storm. But that's a ways in the future, as some of the boats are on the expensive side. Once of the oiler models I found that I need to do the USS Blandy is over $130 from an Italian company.

And by the way, your models are awesome. Hopefully with practice I can get that good.

Top Bottom