Not open for further replies.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    :yesway:
    Very good. Too often people try to double down on false statements and try to use semantics to squirm. You didn’t play that game and I appreciate it.
    I don't consider myself one of those people, maybe others think I do.

I do find semantics to be very important, generally speaking, but I try not to use them as a game.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Church started this week with an announcement - A mother of three had died of COVID that morning and her husband was clinging to life.

I believe they were holding out on vaccinations because it is "experimental". She was 54.

A) COVID is still around killing people.
    B) We rejoice that she is with the Lord, but we're trying to grasp the impact he on earth.
    C) Long term side effects are not an issue if you're dead.
    D) Doing nothing is making a choice and taking a risk.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Church started this week with an announcement - A mother of three had died of COVID that morning and her husband was clinging to life.

I believe they were holding out on vaccinations because it is "experimental". She was 54.

B) We rejoice that she is with the Lord, but we're trying to grasp the impact he on earth.
    Leaving the debate on vaccination aside, that is brutal. My heart aches for the kids.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

So sorry for your and the families loss.

I think about C and D everyday that I choose to not get it. I’m sure many on here do, although I’m also sure many are past thinking about it and are more confident in their decision.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Rand Paul said it best. I'm going with this attitude.

Speaking with a conservative host on WABC radio in New York, Paul, an ophthalmologist, said he won't change his mind unless "they show me evidence that people who have already had the infection are dying in large numbers or being hospitalized or getting very sick."

"I just made my own personal decision that I'm not getting vaccinated, because I've already had the disease, and I have natural immunity," Paul said.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

I'm not advocating people to go out and get the vaccine shot, but the bold underlined text was the determining factor.
    Heck even my skeptic 78 year old father in law got the shot
    His philosophy was that masking up along with all the sanitary measures being done was more harmful to our bodies than the possible side effects down the road.

It's great being on INGO and all, but human interaction is a whole lot better for the mind and soul than being cooped up all day at a keyboard.
    It's amazing what a good hug or handshake can do.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I'm not advocating people to go out and get the vaccine shot, but the bold underlined text was the determining factor.
    Heck even my skeptic 78 year old father in law got the shot
    His philosophy was that masking up along with all the sanitary measures being done was more harmful to our bodies than the possible side effects down the road.

It's great being on INGO and all, but human interaction is a whole lot better for the mind and soul than being cooped up all day at a keyboard.
    It's amazing what a good hug or handshake can do.
    And many of us have been doing that, unmasked, unvaccinated, for a while now. You’re right, it does feel good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom