Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    What is bold and underlined is straight off the CDC's website on the link below.
    So 273 million doses and with 4,647 reports of death, which may or may not be directly linked to the vaccines with a whole whopping death rate of .0017%
    That's not a real jump off the page number that validates you to not get vaccinated.

Jeez, do you realize a person can die from water intoxication from drinkinng to much water.

Over 273 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through May 17, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 4,647 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html
    That is what gets me confused I guess.

1.5ish% death rate from Covid isn't a big deal, but .002ish% from the vaccine is supposed to be. I can't keep up with how I'm supposed to feel anymore.

The way I see it is that it's a low percentage to most people to either catch Covid or receive the vaccine.
    Mandates should definitely not happen IMHO, it should always be a person's choice.

The fear mongering going both ways is absolutely ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    One difference is the deadly pandemic virus is supposed to kill you while the wonderful vaccine is not supposed to kill you.

Also just comparing the numbers straight up is simplistic. There is a good chance you will never get the deadly pandemic virus so you will never face the 1.5ish% death rate from that but if you get vaccinated there is a 100% chance you will face the .002ish% death rate from that.

I already got the vaccine, I'm just pointing out your comparison is flawed.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    One difference is the deadly pandemic virus is supposed to kill you while the wonderful vaccine is not supposed to kill you.

Also just comparing the numbers straight up is simplistic. There is a good chance you will never get the deadly pandemic virus so you will never face the 1.5ish% death rate from that but if you get vaccinated there is a 100% chance you will face the .002ish% death rate from that.

I already got the vaccine, I'm just pointing out your comparison is flawed.
    I already mentioned beforee that I don't trust any of the numbers anyways. That doesn't change the fact that the percentages are very low either way.
    The fear tactics being used are my biggest issue

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    That is what gets me confused I guess.

1.5ish% death rate from Covid isn't a big deal, but .002ish% from the vaccine is supposed to be. I can't keep up with how I'm supposed to feel anymore.

The way I see it is that it's a low percentage to most people to either catch Covid or receive the vaccine.
    Mandates should definitely not happen IMHO, it should always be a person's choice.

The fear mongering going both ways is absolutely ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.

The problem is that people are more willing to listen to the people shouting at the top of their lungs atop the moutain they have built from their facts and not researching for themselves.

We have become a society that is no longer willing to do the work for our selves and let others do it for us and fail to acknowledge that they have a agenda to skew the facts.
    Like the liberal left politicians and media who spout that the AR is such a violent un-needed fully automatic"Assault Weapon" when people are more likely to be killed with a hammer than it.

I'm getting really tired of the bull :poop: that gets shoveled around to fit a agenda instead of just the facts.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm getting really tired of the bull :poop: that gets shoveled around to fit a agenda instead of just the facts.
    It’s a fact that death as well as a whole bunch of other conditions are a POSSIBILITY as an immediate effect. It’s also a Fact that we do not know the long term effects.

its also a fact that if any of the service members get one of those adverse effects after being vaccinated that it will be a service connected injury.

I’m not out here spouting BS I’m using facts.

I personally will not be taking the vaccine until I have the very limited protections of the vaccine courts should I have a serious adverse reaction. I’ve had covid. I have a high level of antibodies. IMO I see no reason for me to take a risk on a vaccine that’s not fully approved in my particular situation.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I’ve had covid. I have a high level of antibodies. IMO I see no reason for me to take a risk on a vaccine that’s not fully approved in my particular situation.

I see no reason for you to take any vaccine, approved or not. The whole reason to get the vaccine is to get a high level of antibodies, you have that. Kind of a no-brainer.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    What is bold and underlined is straight off the CDC's website on the link below.
    So 273 million doses and with 4,647 reports of death, which may or may not be directly linked to the vaccines with a whole whopping death rate of .0017%
    That's not a real jump off the page number that validates you to not get vaccinated.

Jeez, do you realize a person can die from water intoxication from drinkinng to much water.

Over 273 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through May 17, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 4,647 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html
    Its stated that only 1% of adverse reactions are reported to VAERS, so those numbers could also be significantly low

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    It’s a fact that death as well as a whole bunch of other conditions are a POSSIBILITY as an immediate effect. It’s also a Fact that we do not know the long term effects.

its also a fact that if any of the service members get one of those adverse effects after being vaccinated that it will be a service connected injury.

I’m not out here spouting BS I’m using facts.

I personally will not be taking the vaccine until I have the very limited protections of the vaccine courts should I have a serious adverse reaction. I’ve had covid. I have a high level of antibodies. IMO I see no reason for me to take a risk on a vaccine that’s not fully approved in my particular situation.
    You do what you want to do, but do you actually realize that you or anyone else has a better chance of more likely getting hit by lightning than dying from the vaccine?
    I'm just trying to point out that low percentage chance. People want to weigh options about this, but fail to think about the things they do on a daily basis that could lead to their death.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    When did you get the last dose of vaccine? - scientific studies have proven that if you don't get superpowers within a fortnight of the last dose you are destined to be a mere mortal.
    I had Superman's X-ray vision for about 10 seconds, unfortunately a 400lb pound women was standing in front of me when it happened.:scared:
    After :puke: I was last seen running :runaway: down the laundry aisle shouting "I NEED EYE BLEACH" before running into a pole and knocking myself out.:lmfao:

Does knocking ones self out due to this temporary super power count as a adverse reaction to the vaccine? Inquiring minds want to know.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I had Superman's X-ray vision for about 10 seconds, unfortunately a 400lb pound women was standing in front of me when it happened.:scared:
    After :puke: I was last seen running :runaway: down the laundry aisle shouting "I NEED EYE BLEACH" before running into a pole and knocking myself out.:lmfao:

Does knocking ones self out due to this temporary super power count as a adverse reaction to the vaccine? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Yes, that definitely counts. And what a coincidence, that exact same thing accounts for 57% of the adverse reactions reported in New Jersey.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You do what you want to do, but do you actually realize that you or anyone else has a better chance of more likely getting hit by lightning than dying from the vaccine?
    I'm just trying to point out that low percentage chance. People want to weigh options about this, but fail to think about the things they do on a daily basis that could lead to their death.
    That may be but considering I’ve lost a child and my wife had a massive life altering stroke in her 30’s all in the last couple years I’m not willing to play the game of small percentages.

too many long shot horrible things have happened in my life in the last 5 years

Edit: to add to this. Too many people have main character syndrome. They think yeah that stuff happens but it won’t happen to me. Newsflash it can and will happen to you.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When did you get the last dose of vaccine? - scientific studies have proven that if you don't get superpowers within a fortnight of the last dose you are destined to be a mere mortal.
    Even so I’ve read that it gives men a bigger....

nose.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Got my second Moderna shot yesterday noon. Felt achy/fluey overnight and today. Tylenol took the edge off.
    Got the shot about 11:20am, achy-fluey showed up at 9pm, lasted exactly 24hrs. Tylenol helped.

No superpowers that I didn't already have tho. I’m bummed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That may be but considering I’ve lost a child and my wife had a massive life altering stroke in her 30’s all in the last couple years I’m not willing to play the game of small percentages.

too many long shot horrible things have happened in my life in the last 5 years

Edit: to add to this. Too many people have main character syndrome. They think yeah that stuff happens but it won’t happen to me. Newsflash it can and will happen to you.
    1st I am sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my oldest son. I understand. My wife has life altering medical issues as well so again....I get it.

This aside if anyone gets close to me with a needle filled wit a concoction that has not been through the proper trials I will hurt them and shove that needle in them and they get to ride the lightning.

This is a hoax people. A well funded hoax that is lining the pockets of the top tier in the pyramid. If you fail to see this no worries but step the **** off from me and mine. We are just fine.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    1st I am sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my oldest son. I understand. My wife has life altering medical issues as well so again....I get it.

This aside if anyone gets close to me with a needle filled wit a concoction that has not been through the proper trials I will hurt them and shove that needle in them and they get to ride the lightning.

This is a hoax people. A well funded hoax that is lining the pockets of the top tier in the pyramid. If you fail to see this no worries but step the **** off from me and mine. We are just fine.
    My condolences for your loss as well. It’s a hard lonely road.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom