• Will Obama win in 2012?

• Total voters

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    I'd vote Frederic Bastiat with Friedrich Heyek as VP. Two Freds can't be wrong. And just because they are both dead does not mean they won't do a better job than our current choices.

That would be great. And why not since today we have...

Carl Marx

marx-bio.jpg

and Harpo Marx.

41794_10971215771_5787474_n.jpg

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Will Obama win in 2012? There are allot of people who expect Obama's promises to be real and will vote because of it.
    Yes, he will win.

And apparently it will be my fault.......
    Might as well save your breath. These modern day Paul Revere's are blinded by their "all or nothing" mindset. The all or nothing attitude assures we will get nothing every time. Then they seem to enjoy saying, "I told you so" like it's some badge of honor.

It's never enough to possibly try to slow down the ship from sinking, it MUST be totally repaired, repainted, rearmed and set on a new course that it really was never on in the first place OR screw it, let it sink and take us all with it. All this by one of two men.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers

Hatchet job. Sure, he's probably guilty of having "flip-flopped" before (find me a politician who hasn't), but most of that video was questionable content taken out of context. Don't get me wrong, I still don't understand why the Republican party deemed Romney as their best candidate, but I see more Massachusetts influence in his actions than personal ideals. That's not good, either, but at the very least it would mean he was serving the will of his constituents, even if it were only to get him elected.

When all is said and done, he seems like a much more "plain-speaker" than Obama. He seems to me, as much as anyone could know for sure, to be as genuine a candidate as we have. The only people who can really claim "flip-flops" to be an indictment of character are those who have never changed their opinion on anything. That said, if it becomes a regular MO for a candidate, then yes, absolutely, it's a problem. I don't think that video proved anything in that regard.

If Obama wins the next election, we might as well say goodbye to gun rights... liberals.

Sadly, I honestly believe you are correct. I've seen runs on guns prior to other presidential elections - it's pretty much expected anymore - but I've never been as genuinely concerned about our 2A as I am now. This time really is different. At least it certainly feels that way to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    Might as well save your breath. These modern day Paul Revere's are blinded by their "all or nothing" mindset. The all or nothing attitude assures we will get nothing every time. Then they seem to enjoy saying, "I told you so" like it's some badge of honor.

It's never enough to possibly try to slow down the ship from sinking, it MUST be totally repaired, repainted, rearmed and set on a new course that it really was never on in the first place OR screw it, let it sink and take us all with it. All this by one of two men.

I've kind of accepted this. With a few more TRULY conservative members in the house and Senate with Majority leaders and Speakers with Backbones to Keep Romney fiscally conservative enough. Maybe we can stop the bleeding.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I voted no but I don't think America will see the light. We are still looking for it. I don't think Romney is the bringer of light but I do think he's gonna win, big.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    The only people who can really claim "flip-flops" to be an indictment of character are those who have never changed their opinion on anything.

You mean like ron paul...

Something to consider...

"Romney & Bush are cousins. They have a family look. Politics and power are a family business. The Bushes are relatives of the British Royal Family, who are related to David Cameron. Ron Paul doesn't come from inside the circle, so his overwhelming support from the electorate counts for little.

Believe it or not, Mitt Romney and George W. Bush are cousins — 10th cousins, twice removed, that is. Historians at Ancestry.com, the world’s largest online family-history resource, have discovered that Romney is actually related to six past presidents — more than any other 2012 GOP contestant. Franklin D. Roosevelt is his eighth cousin, twice removed, and both Calvin Coolidge and Herbert Hoover are his 10th cousins. Then there is his sixth cousin (four times removed) Franklin Pierce, and both 10th cousins Bush I and II. Three out of these six were even (gasp!) Democrats.

It turns out that presidential candidates often have Commander in Chief relatives, and this election cycle is no different, finds Ancestry.com after six months of research. Jon Huntsman is also related to FDR, Coolidge and the Bushes. And yes, his bloodline mirrors Romney’s because they too are cousins: Romney’s great-great-grandfather Parley Pratt, an early Mormon missionary, is Huntsman’s great-great-great-grandfather. The Romney-Huntsman–George W. Bush connection comes through Anne Marbury Hutchinson, who was a religious-freedom advocate in early 1600s. Rather fitting, since all three of them are still quite open about their faiths, be they Mormon or Evangelical."

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I didn't vote. I wouldn't be able to vote anything other than "bacon". I honestly don't think that Willard would be one bit better than Barry O. A flip flopping big government douche doesn't have a whole lot of chance in the debates.

For the future of our country, I really hope people wake up and stop voting for the "anybody but ...." crap every 4 years. If you keep voting for garbage, we'll keep having garbage.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    He'll probably win. Obama will destroy Romney in the debates simply because Romney has flopped on literally every issue ever.

My thoughts exactly. Romney will be will be eaten up like a goldfish in a sharktank.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    With any luck, we'll slow the leak down enough that we can die of natural causes while our children and grandchildren drown in it.

Why can't we slow it down enough for our children and grandchildren to find solutions? :dunno:

Not even Ron Paul could save us in four years if given the chance. So if the argument is that Romney isn't good enough because he doesn't solve the problem completely, then neither is Ron Paul. Conversely, if Ron Paul is the best we've got even if he won't get the job done in total, why can't Romney be better than Obama?

There's a disconnect in the logic that says Ron Paul would be an acceptable alternative to Obama but Romney wouldn't.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Yep, Obama will get it again, unless these stubborn Republicans that call themselves Conservative, vote their conscience and for principle instead of popularity and more hope.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Not that this can't happen but, "they" said the same thing about Reagan. He handed Carter AND Mondull their lunches.

You can't seriously be comparing Romney to Reagan are you? I don't care for either of our most likely options, and lately I've been under the impression that my attention is better spent on prepping than on studying politics because of our lack of options.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If we haven't figured out the solution by now, then there really is no hope.

We know the solution. It's implementing it that is the problem. But I don't get the feeling that concerns you much since you seem to have no interest in educating people about it. Just insulting them.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We know the solution. It's implementing it that is the problem. But I don't get the feeling that concerns you much since you seem to have no interest in educating people about it. Just insulting them.

We know how to implement it as well. We just don't have the intestinal fortitude to do it. We'd have better luck educating a welfare recipient on how the system is enslaving them than to convince the average American how broke and corrupt our government is. Americans have been led to the water and had their noses shoved in it. But their more interested in seeking their brand of tyranny and largesse than liberty. I don't lose any sleep over those who value tyranny over liberty.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom