• Will Obama win in 2012?

• Total voters

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    And regrettably Paul and/or Johnson would be forced into that same suit by powers they would have no control over if they assumed the office. Neither of them would really be allowed to effect any real change.

Is it hard to imagine "Dr. No" or Gov. Johnson vetoing bills? Are they pushovers who change their ideologies for the highest bidder?

Romney couldn't even say no to opposing party, let alone say no to his own, during his glorious 1-term. He loves the status quo so why would he try to change it?

It takes a backbone to fill that suit with something other than the status quo. That east-coast jellyfish doesn't have one any more than Obama does.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Is it hard to imagine "Dr. No" or Gov. Johnson vetoing bills? Are they pushovers who change their ideologies for the highest bidder

In reality yes it is, the puppet masters will control them as much as they would control anyone else. They would be forced by people/events totally out of their control to abandon their ideologies and to pretty much fall into line. Even Obama wasn't able to do all he wanted to, and I don't believe it was because HE changed his mind.

:twocents:

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    In reality yes it is, the puppet masters will control them as much as they would control anyone else. They would be forced by people/events totally out of their control to abandon their ideologies and to pretty much fall into line. Even Obama wasn't able to do all he wanted to, and I don't believe it was because HE changed his mind.

:twocents:

That is if you believe that Puppet master B.S.

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    Or in your case, if you believe we are still in control of our destiny B.S.

If Your right, then why try? Why should I give a crap? Why should I expend any energy towards this? Why should anyone try to do anything? If things are so perilous, and there's some higher group in charge why try?

Everyone who peddles this fear mongering B.S has no solution or want a solution, but to fill their own pockets, and deceive people.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Obama is THE #1 enemy of the American people.

Any Americans who are stupid enough to vote for him again have forgotten the meaning of what it means to be free.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    If Your right, then why try? Why should I give a crap? Why should I expend any energy towards this? Why should anyone try to do anything? If things are so perilous, and there's some higher group in charge why try?

I just don't understand OR buy into this Ron Paul messiah thing. He is human AND a politician and as such must play the game somewhat just like anyone else who becomes President.

No one has ever explained exactly WHO in Congress would work with him. While I don't disagree with some of his policies, he has alienated people from both sides of the aisle. Where exactly would the majority he would need come from to actually implement these changes?

I sometimes wonder about if there truly is a reason to try anymore. World events are moving so fast it appears it is impossible for man to keep up. It seems to be spinning out of control faster than we can keep up.

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    I just don't understand OR buy into this Ron Paul messiah thing. He is human AND a politician and as such must play the game somewhat just like anyone else who becomes President.

No one has ever explained exactly WHO in Congress would work with him. While I don't disagree with some of his policies, he has alienated people from both sides of the aisle. Where exactly would the majority he would need come from to actually implement these changes?

I sometimes wonder about if there truly is a reason to try anymore. World events are moving so fast it appears it is impossible for man to keep up. It seems to be spinning out of control faster than we can keep up.

Paul or Johnson in The WH isn't going to happen. I've accepted it. It wasn't about the WH it was about inspiring people. I have hope that if Mitt wins he will be forced to be more conservative by The legislature. Misguided? Maybe. But it's hope. If he loses than it's gridlock for another 4 and maybe a liberty minded candidate running with a more liberty minded legislature in 2016.

I refuse to quit on this Country or Humanity.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Paul or Johnson in The WH isn't going to happen. I've accepted it. It wasn't about the WH it was about inspiring people. I have hope that if Mitt wins he will be forced to be more conservative by The legislature. Misguided? Maybe. But it's hope. If he loses than it's gridlock for another 4 and maybe a liberty minded candidate running with a more liberty minded legislature in 2016.

Good - there's more reason for hope with Romney. Simple logic. The One Big Knock on the guy is that he flip flops. Chiefly because he was from a very liberal state and had to say certain things and kiss a few rings to get elected. Period. He seems to play to the constituency that elected him.

Note - I don't particularly like that trait - but it does seem to be the truth.

And America as a whole is a HECK of a lot more conservative AND libertarian that Mass... Logic then dictates that he will govern a good bit more to the right and a good bit more toward the libertarian , than his record might otherwise indicate.

He's dang sure not my number one choice, but those who equate him with Obama are not being intellectually honest, either.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I just don't understand OR buy into this Ron Paul messiah thing.
    I'll try this one more time. Its not about being a messiah, its about Ron Paul not being an Establishment lackey. I would vote for Dennis Kucinich (D) or Ralph Nader (G) for the same reason, if they were opposed by a totally flamboyant insider like we see today. Not because I agree with all of their policies or think they are messiahs. But I see in them some integrity and resistance to selling out. They oppose the Police State, oppose bailouts, oppose corporations running our government (corporatism), they want to audit the Federal Reserve, they stand for civil liberties, and oppose the globalist wars around the world. They'd make better Republicans than most of the GOP "team players."

Isn't that a backward way of thinking? Congress passes bills, and the President decides whether to "work with" them or not. He either signs or vetoes their bills. So, are Republicans going to abandon all their "conservative" principles when an actual fiscal conservative enters the White House? They still want to repeal Obamacare, don't they? They still want to pass a balanced budget and cut spending? How many friends does Ron Paul need to accomplish that? If there are any fiscal conservatives in Congress, Ron Paul would be in good shape.

The big difference is that Romney admits he would sign every big-spending Republican idea that comes down the sewage pipe from Congress. He favors NDAA, the Patriot Act, No Child Left Behind, DHS, the TSA, wants 100,000 more troops overseas, wants a bigger Pentagon, supports bailouts, supports corporate subsidies, and supported federal Universal Health Care only a few years ago. Romney is a "Yes Man." A rubber-stamp. Given the nature of the laws that Republicans have passed in the last decade, I think the president needs to "work with" them a lot less!

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012

The only ones I have ever heard call him a messiah are Republicans. I have never heard this from any of my brother Libertarians.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012

A whole bunch of people had "hope" when they elected Obama too.
    No need to wait until 2016, Ron Paul and Gary Johnson fit that right now. Why settle for Romney?

Elect Paul or Johnson and you don't need to hope. You can be reassured they will uphold their oath and follow the US Constitution. This hope idea is just silly.

Top Bottom