• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Only an idiot pays for the stadium. The one or two times times we do eat out, it is usually at a place where we are served. I just reduce my tip by 2%, thus utilizing my Ir deduction. Then there are always side jobs that pay cash. One is morally right to not pay their "fair share," because we all know Jimmy isn't paying his.

Oh that's nice, penalize the person working for a living and who just served you. The tip you just failed to leave has nothing to due with Irsay.

The greatest Christmas present I could get is to have a lock-out next year. Ir not getting the super bowl would be awesome. I would likely be laughing for a week straight. That is what I am praying for, that there is no NFL season next year. Hey, those of us who support individual freedom and choice can hope can't we!!?!?

Jesus, scrooge. You really like watching NFL's greatest reruns each week?

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I honestly think some of the Manning haters really have no clue about football and the real issues on the Colts team.

The two biggest issues arent injuries, they are the fact the offensive line stink and the run game is even worse. Those sort of go hand in hand, but this year the line is worse and is leading to Manning getting too many hits.

There was a very telling stat from the Cowboys game that leads directly to the fact no one fears the Colts run game.

With 5 or more defenders in the box Manning was 11 out of 18, 0 TDs, 3 INTs, and a rating of 35.

With 6 ore more defenders in the box Manning was 25 out of 30, 2 TDs, 1 INT, and a rating of 112.8.

If you have a brain you can see if there are 6 or more defenders in coverage you can double team all but one of the four receivers/ tight ends. With the fact no one on the Colts can rush for more than a yard at a time you have no choice but to force passes. Just listen to the post game comments by Manning on the Colts website, he eludes to the same thing. He knows he is forcing passes, he knows he is playing with fire, but he has no choice if he wants to win games.

People really need to get a clue before they crucify Manning and say he is done.

BUT the good news for Colts fans is if you win out you win the division no matter what Jacksonville does.

If the Colts win out they will be 10-6 and tied with Jville.

The tie breakers are as follows:

1 - Head to head record, they would be 1-1
    2 - Division record, they would both be 4-2
    3 - Common opponents - In that case the Colts would win

Giants - Colts won Jville lost
    Eagles - Both lost
    Cowboys - Colts lost Jville won
    Redskins - Colts won Jville not played yet
    Chargers - Both lost
    Broncos - Both won
    Raiders - Both havent played yet
    Chiefs - Colts won Jville lost

At this point Indy has two wins where Jville lost and Jville only has one win where Indy lost. So in other works win out and you are in.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Only an idiot pays for the stadium. The one or two times times we do eat out, it is usually at a place where we are served. I just reduce my tip by 2%, thus utilizing my Ir deduction. Then there are always side jobs that pay cash. One is morally right to not pay their "fair share," because we all know Jimmy isn't paying his.

Wow, its probably best that you just skip going out to eat all together. Clearly if you are docking the wait staff for something they have no control over you need the money far more than they do.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I just have to wonder if the people that come to this thread are actually Colts haters or if they are just trying to get people riled up. I'm a Colts fan and if the year ends with a 7 game losing streak, that won't change. There are large issues with the team right now that need to be addressed with big time personnel changes. Possibly starting with the coaching staff. I never wish to see my team lose but in the interest of next year (this one has felt lost for about 6 weeks now), it may be best to miss the playoffs and get a better draft pick.

GO COLTS!!!

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009

Don't worry, we will get the last laugh. The organization is now begging folks to get on the season ticket wait list. Funny considering how long this list was just two years ago. Can't wait for the team to miss the playoffs.

The greatest Christmas present I could get is to have a lock-out next year. Ir not getting the super bowl would be awesome. I would likely be laughing for a week straight. That is what I am praying for, that there is no NFL season next year. Hey, those of us who support individual freedom and choice can hope can't we!!?!?

I love it. You spend more time all wraped up over it and it eats at yahoos like you and hornady. I win.

I have been season ticket holder for going on 20 years along with a lot of other new Colts fans who will be a fan even when Manning retires.
    Your little prayer and hope for failure wont effect wether or not the Colts stay and continue to play.
    A lockout is possible but not likely.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Don't worry, we will get the last laugh. The organization is now begging folks to get on the season ticket wait list. Funny considering how long this list was just two years ago. Can't wait for the team to miss the playoffs.

Oh that's nice, penalize the person working for a living and who just served you. The tip you just failed to leave has nothing to due with Irsay.

Jesus, scrooge. You really like watching NFL's greatest reruns each week?

^THIS^

Some poor server making $2.13/hr gets less of a tip because you don't like something the Government has done?? :dunno:

I can't even begin to find any logic in that...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    ^THIS^

Some poor server making $2.13/hr gets less of a tip because you don't like something the Government has done?? :dunno:

How much would a poor server make if he chose to not go out to eat at all? How much would that poor server make if it weren't for downtown being subsidized into bringing in more customers?

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    ^THIS^

And you WONT find any logic. Remember your dealing with a mindset like child thats having a temper tantrum, laying on the ground and kicking and screaming and crying.
    BUT it is fun to watch. Almost as much fun as going to a Colts game.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    How much would a poor server make if he chose to not go out to eat at all? How much would that poor server make if it weren't for downtown being subsidized into bringing in more customers?

Your points have nothing to do with the fact that the server is being punished for the Government's actions. What did SHE have to do with the Government increasing the tax rate for Luca Oil Stadium?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Your points have nothing to do with the fact that the server is being punished for the Government's actions. What did SHE have to do with the Government increasing the tax rate for Luca Oil Stadium?

I bet she isn't complaining about the increased traffic downtown that brings increased customers due to the government tax increase.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    And you WONT find any logic. Remember your dealing with a mindset like child thats having a temper tantrum, laying on the ground and kicking and screaming and crying.
    BUT it is fun to watch. Almost as much fun as going to a Colts game.

"I hate what the Government has done, so I am going to punish a private citizen to show my displeasure!" :rolleyes:

By that "logic" it would be like saying:
    "I am not going to support my local gun shop any more, since the Government added a tax to ammo!"

:n00b:Makes about as much sense...

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I bet she isn't complaining about the increased traffic downtown that brings increased customers due to the government tax increase.

You are avoiding the actual point of this conversation.
    Again, you still haven't shown the logic in punishing a private citizen for the Government's actions.

So what, she should quit her job in protest of the increased tax??:dunno:

I am not sure you can support your claim of increased business. I know many people that eat out LESS because of that tax.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You are avoiding the actual point of this conversation.
    Again, you still haven't shown the logic in punishing a private citizen for the Government's actions.

So what, she should quit her job in protest of the increased tax??:dunno:

I am not sure you can support your claim of increased business. I know many people that eat out LESS because of that tax.

You can't have it both ways. Either the new stadium increases overall revenue or it doesn't. The singular greatest argument given for bring in the stadium was increased jobs and revenue.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    You can't have it both ways. Either the new stadium increases overall revenue or it doesn't. The singular greatest argument given for bring in the stadium was increased jobs and revenue.

...and you STILL avoid my points.

Let me try this another way..

How does NOT tipping a citizen who is an employee, of a privately owned restaurant, neither of which had anything to do with the tax increase, effectively protest what the GOVERNMENT has done?

You keep skipping off on tangents here, which leads me to believe you have no direct answer for my questions, since it appears you are intentionally avoiding them by misdirection.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    ...and you STILL avoid my points.

Let me try this another way..

How does NOT tipping a citizen who is an employee, of a privately owned restaurant, neither of which had anything to do with the tax increase, effectively protest what the GOVERNMENT has done?

You keep skipping off on tangents here, which leads me to believe you have no direct answer for my questions, since it appears you are intentionally avoiding them by misdirection.

You're right. A 0% tip is better than a 13% tip. So none of the servers were for the new stadium vocally or by voting for politicians that were? Tips are not set in stone. I could deduct 2% from all small chested waitresses if I so choose.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Everyone needs to remember that business collect sales tax, they don't charge sales tax. There is not an option to collect less sales tax because someone didn't agree with it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Everyone needs to remember that business collect sales tax, they don't charge sales tax. There is not an option to collect less sales tax because someone didn't agree with it.

Weren't most all downtown businesses in favor of the new tax to bring the new stadium to fatten their own coffers? While servers are reaping the rewards of the increased traffic, they also get to suffer the consequences of those who disagree with it.

ETA: And I as a customer, get to choose how much of a tip I get to leave. Tips are a suggestion. In no way are they a contractual obligation.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Weren't most all downtown businesses in favor of the new tax to bring the new stadium to fatten their own coffers? While servers are reaping the rewards of the increased traffic, they also get to suffer the consequences of those who disagree with it.

Remember, business don't benefit from collecting sales tax. They pass it right on to a man named Sam.

Top Bottom