• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Very nice Roger...I am already having withdraws:)

Hey, where's your lawn chair? :):

Oh it was there, but didn't get much use, other than staging gear and targets on it. :D

You know we need to work some clays into the next few visits to WW. These rifles have been consuming way too much of our time at the range. :D

Complaining? No.... Miss making powder, Heck Yeah :D

:ingo: :patriot: :shoot:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Oh it was there, but didn't get much use, other than staging gear and targets on it. :D

You know we need to work some clays into the next few visits to WW. These rifles have been consuming way too much of our time at the range. :D

Complaining? No.... Miss making powder, Heck Yeah :D

:ingo: :patriot: :shoot:

Yeah, the Mosins certainly have gained center stage the past few visits...but they are so addictive.
    I don't know exactly what it is, but something about making a long gun go BOOM, puts a smile on my face and sometimes makes me laugh. :):

On Monday, there was a young guy that was watching me shoot my M44 and he couldn't keep from laughing while I was shooting...I let him shoot it a few times, so I can just bet that he will soon be a proud owner of one as well. :yesway:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    My wife and I had a good time today. She refreshed herself on the Bersa. At 10 yards she held a extremely tight pattern. At 25 yards I could cover her shots with my fist.
    I don't shoot that gun as well. It is too light and I drift all over the place with it.
    She shot the AR's but I couldn't coax her into shooting the Mosin. :)
    maybe next time.

Roger have Jessica try this. http://www.usaeyes.org/lasik/library/Dominant-Eye-Test.pdf

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Well, looks like I'll be heading back out there again tomorrow morning.
    I started to refinish my M44, I got most of what I could get extracted of the cosmoline, so now I just need to find what method I want to finish it with.
    For now, I am just going to put it back together so I can shoot, then worry about finishing it afterwards.

My step son told me about Tru Oil that musicians use on guitars...looks like it works well with rifle stocks as well :) :yesway:

23123_lrg.jpg

Tru-Oil[SIZE=-3]®[/SIZE] Gun Stock Finish
    There is no better oil finish! TRU-OIL Gun Stock Finish is the professional's choice for gunstock (or furniture) finishing for more than 30 years. Its unique blend of linseed and natural oils dries fast and will not cloud, yellow or crack with age and resists water damage. TRU-OIL Gun Stock Finish penetrates deeply and forms a tough, clear, hard finish that protects and enhances the beauty of fine woods. For a hand rubbed, satin luster, simply buff with steel wool and rubbing compound or use Stock Sheen & Conditioner. Excellent as a sealer for under butt plates, recoil pads and in inletted actions to prevent stock damage. Use the liquid for fast filling of the pores and the aerosol for the final finish.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I notice a lot of guys from Indy going to WW. I am a member at FCVCC it is about 10 miles closer and I must say a much nicer range. Idividual membership is only $45 a year.( I think not positive) My family membership is $75 here are links to our INGO social group and also the club page...

INGunOwners - Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club

FALL CREEK VALLEY CONSERVATION CLUB

If you go to page 3 or 4 on the social group page there are a lot of pictures of the club. If anyone has interest in checking this club out drop me a PM...

rc5699

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    I actually joined the conservation club in Farmland, It's a very very nice range. I go at least once or twice a month and I've actually never seen anyone use it but me lol.

They have shooting competitions out there everyone now and then but I've nevert went to one, it's set up to shoot from 7yds 25yds 50yds 100yds 200yds 300yds. And every Tuesday they do a trap shoot which is open to the public. We also have a nice pond for fishing. Lots of Cats and Bass out there and it's a good place for camping.

It's $300 to join then $40 a year for dues that covers my household.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Just got back from taking out some more zombies...I think I spent around another 250 rounds...count the holes :D

I'm getting a little better with my aim. I have a tendency to pull slightly to the right, but managed to control that with some pointers from BloodEclipse.:yesway:

ww9964.jpg

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How are the range officers there? A couple summers ago, a friend and I had some issues with one of them. It also looks like there's a roof over the rifle range.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    How are the range officers there? A couple summers ago, a friend and I had some issues with one of them. It also looks like there's a roof over the rifle range.

BloodEclipse said:
    Follow the rules and the ROs are ok. Yes we now have a roof over the rifle range. They plan on putting one up for the pistol range as well.

One RO likes to make up his own rules. The other is a really nice guy. I haven't caught their names yet, but you will know it if the jerk is there.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I can't say I've ever had any problems with any of the RO's there. Like BloodEclipse said, as long as you follow the rules, you'll be ok.
    They do not micro manage the range, they allow the shooters to work among themselves on when the line is hot or not.

StarKing

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Muncie
    I have asked that specific question to a range officer at WW. He said they were worried about bullets getting over the berm. Especially after what happened at the old 100 hard range. I don't see it happening at 25 yards but still have to follow their rules.

What happened at the old 100 yard range?

Last edited:

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    One RO likes to make up his own rules. The other is a really nice guy. I haven't caught their names yet, but you will know it if the jerk is there.

Thanks for the responses. My friend was being kind of a jerk and not paying attention. I wonder if we had the one that makes up his own rules. Water under the bridge now.

Top Bottom