• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Had a great time shooting my new M38 Mosin today with ATF Consumer, BloodEclipse and Bisley Man! Man those things make some awesome sound and shock waves lol

I didn't get any pics this trip, hopefully ATF Consumer got some to post.

Note to self: the "need to buy" list....add 7.62x54r ammo, lots of it; add recoil pad, dang I got Mosin shoulder. :D :yesway:

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I was just there today. Spent all afternoon there, got the red neck tan to prove it. The shelter over the rifle benches is very nice. Maybe that will continue on the other shorter ranges? Had a great time shooting and not working today!

I spoke with Fred the DNR officer regarding the overhead cover. They plan on doing the 25 yard range next year. :yesway:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Well today I fell in love.
    First it was with my Mosin 91/30. The poor zombies never had a chance. I split their melons with ease.
    Then I fell in love with my new 1911.
    The thing fully loaded seems lighter than my XD45C. RogerB and ATFConsumer can attest to this as well.
    My 1911 is a Springfield Armory Light Weight Champion Operator. It is replacing my XD as my carry gun.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    BloodeClipse knows how to shoot(as if you didn't know)

Well today I fell in love.
    First it was with my Mosin 91/30. The poor zombies never had a chance. I split their melons with ease.
    Then I fell in love with my new 1911.
    The thing fully loaded seems lighter than my XD45C. RogerB and ATFConsumer can attest to this as well.
    My 1911 is a Springfield Armory Light Weight Champion Operator. It is replacing my XD as my carry gun.

Had a great time with BloodEclipse, ATF Consumer, and Roger B. That new roof WW has makes the Mosins even louder. Glad to introduce them to Mr. Bisley. The group BloodEclipse shot on a zombies target with his new Mosin was the signature of a rifleman.:yesway: The trigger on his 1911 has to be one of THE best auto pistol triggers I've felt since I fired a 1950's Colt Woodsman.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I had a blast...I brought my video camera, but after taking a few different shots of video with it, I replayed to see how well it picked up and realized the picture was all messed up with lines running throughout the screen. I immediately got an ill feeling in my stomach, as I knew if I messed up the camera, my wife would not only kill me, but ground me as well :rolleyes:
    When I got it home, I tested it and was getting the same result. I switched out the tapes and even stuff we recorded earlier was showing up with line on the screen. Then, after messing around with it just a bit more, the screen cleared up and all appears to work well. The only thing is that the video I recorded at the range is still messed up :xmad:
    I believe that the percussion from the Mosins was too much for the camera and shocked the camera causing the lines.
    I'm just glad the camera is ok, but now the wife won't let me take the camera anymore :rolleyes:
    Maybe I can pick up a cheap one for my range use. :)

I did get some decent still shots, but no good fireballs...enjoy.

ww99231.jpg

ww99147.jpg

ww99138.jpg

ww99137.jpg

ww99136.jpg

ww99235.jpg

ww99234.jpg

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Laser bore sited in the Monkey gun finally, been having a devil of a time getting this beast zeroed in.

The wife and I will be visiting WW early tomorrow to test fire the Monkey Gun and her first time to shoot the Mosin.

:D :yesway:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    dang it! If I didnt have to work on my car, and had more gas money I'd be there in a heartbeat! Looks like you guys had fun though. Maybe I can make it next time though!

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Just got back from a fun filled day of killing those pesky zombies.
    I saw a few familiar faces there...RogerB and his wife were there as well as indykid.
    I handed out some more zombie targets as well as a few INGO business cards to help grow the membership.:yesway:

I only brought my two Mosins with me and put about 20 rounds through my 91/30 and managed to put around 250 rounds through my M44. :D
    I filled the bucket up almost to the top.;)

I got the barrel so hot, it started to cook off the finish...I now have a bunch of bubbles on the stock :):
    I got a few pics to share...the first is how my M44 now looks after heating it up real good :)
    I also got a decent fireball pic of RogerB's wife shooting his M38 :rockwoot:

ww9959.jpg

Notice how the leather strap on the sling is cooked :D

ww9960.jpg

ww9961h.jpg

ww9963.jpg

ww9962.jpg

ww9932.jpg

ww9921.jpg

ww9944.jpg

ww9953.jpg

Last edited:

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    The wife and I made a quick trip to Wilbur Wright this morning to test fire my Hi Point 995 (Monkey Gun)....and for the wife to fire the M38 for the first time.:D :yesway:

The 995 was a night and day difference after having laser bore sighting it in last night at the house. The first three rounds at 25 yards you could cover with a quarter. Soooo much more fun to shoot when its already accurate and you don't have to waste time and ammo trying to walk it onto your aim point.

Here's a couple targets the wife and I shot on the 25 yard range before moving over to the 50 yard and shooting the Mosin.

2076kyf.jpg

2d9eidf.jpg

As mentioned earlier by ATF Consumer, was good to see some familiar faces up there today and to meet IndyKid!

Awesome pic of the wife shooting the M38 with the fireball there ATF, much appreciate the photo op. :D :rockwoot:

Gotta give my wife props for shooting the M38, she got through 4 rounds before her shoulder decided that was enough. :): :yesway:

She and the step daughter definitely will be shooting the Monkey Gun more now that its actually hitting what you aim at. :yesway:

and to think I was so frustrated with it I was about to trade/sell it away...silly me. :D

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Nice meeting some other Ingunowners!!!!

With all the zombies dying around Wilber Wright, I might be afraid to go there again...NOT!!!

Had a good time with my FrankenFAL STG-58. An amazingly accurate and trouble free battle rifle considering not one part number on it matches any other.

I also wrung out a new to me Beretta 92S. I have been a Beretta freak for a long time, and thought that they stopped making the 92S way back in the early 80s. Was I ever wrong when I bought this last week and saw the date code was 2004!!!!

Anyway, nice meeting RogerB and ATF Consumer!!!

Last edited:

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Heading back to Wilbur tomorrow morning, bringing the kids, Josh and Jessica. Will be Jessica's first time shooting, should be fun. :):

Hope to see some INGOer's there! Will have business cards to handout to the future INGOer's though. :D :yesway:

:ingo:

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    well its was kinda foggy and overcast but not bad at all at Wilbur Wright today. The kids and I were met by BloodEclipse and his wife, pretty much had the range to ourselves for a few hours. :yesway:

This was Jessica's first time to ever fire any type firearm, and she did a fine job. Josh had been to Wilbur with me before and is maintaining decent groups considering how far and few between his range trips have been. :yesway:

Thanks goes out to BloodEclipse for letting the kids shoot your AR's, they really liked those. :rockwoot:

Here's a few pics, didn't get many due shooting the M38 myself. Maybe the next trip we can get to the shotgun range as well. The rifles have been in the spotlight a lot lately. :D

2d8gmbp.jpg

2zoi3pi.jpg

2ihmryh.jpg

ekfbjq.jpg

vn2tdx.jpg

2nrlu81.jpg

2zoyqyq.jpg

j0irr4.jpg

11hz1as.jpg

29defs2.jpg

Top Bottom