• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Thanks to INGOers for the suggestions here for a "kids and guns" discussion. That generated a lot of interest and a lot of calls - and it was very timely with the controversy over the 11 year-old shooting a home invader in St. Louis!

If you listened, I hope you enjoyed the show. And please keep the suggestions coming!

Guy

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Thanks to INGOers for the suggestions here for a "kids and guns" discussion. That generated a lot of interest and a lot of calls - and it was very timely with the controversy over the 11 year-old shooting a home invader in St. Louis!

If you listened, I hope you enjoyed the show. And please keep the suggestions coming!

Guy

YES, I listen, and I love the show !!!!!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I would suggest next a show on "no carry zones". Of all the gun questions I get this makes up the majority of questions that I receive. I even get questions on this when I teach my CLE seminar to fellow attorneys for NBI or IPDC. A majority of the questions that I get are on prohibited areas (school zones being most prominent).

I think one could do an entire 2 hours on "no carry zones".

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I would suggest next a show on "no carry zones". Of all the gun questions I get this makes up the majority of questions that I receive. I even get questions on this when I teach my CLE seminar to fellow attorneys for NBI or IPDC. A majority of the questions that I get are on prohibited areas (school zones being most prominent).

I think one could do an entire 2 hours on "no carry zones".

I like it - I get the same questions.

Guy

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not just schools, but also Businesses, like movie theatres.... etc.....

I just wonder how things would have played out if a dozen armed movie goers stood up in the first theater shooting, and stopped the shooter. Maybe he sees them all draw their weapons and offs himself, or maybe they shoot him before he can shoot anyone else.

Certainly the media coverage would have been much different. But how would that have impacted the rest of history? Clearly some of these shootings build off of previous ones. The nuts in Virginia and Louisiana were obviously inspired by other mass shootings. All the media coverage that they get I'm sure causes other nuts to follow. And the media can't not cover these shootings with the 24/7 wall to wall coverage. That's of course because of ratings, but also because ideologues in the media can drive a favorable narrative. Well, unless the story is such that they can't avoid an inconvenient narrative. Like an armed citizen stopping a mass shooting. That seems to make them move on to other news.

So maybe that's another topic of discussion for the show, the media's dishonest coverage of gun related issues, and the impact of how they report it has on future events.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Well, I did not find it on iTunes, so I'm thinking its not available that way yet.

But, Guy, how are you on trademark/tradenames/IP of that sort? THere is a podcast called Gun Guy Radio... Maybe you should issue a cease and desist letter, a good offense being the best defense and all... :)

Top Bottom